• Love It!

61 31.1%
  • Hate It!

56 28.6%
  • Unsure

79 40.3%

• Total voters

macmillanandwife

Same as previously, I believe; whoever got more 12 points, then 10 points down to 1 point. If it's still a tie then, whoever performed first.

Actually isn't it first the most countries that voted on the song then they count back whoever got more 12 pts, then 10, 8-1? I'm wondering if it's the total number of countries that voted for the song from both the televote and juries or will they pick one over the other? Or will they will add a new rule that one score will supersede another? It does worry me a little.

hungo

i think it is a good decision to change the voting system or the presentation, the only thing that worries me is that after we will know the winner of the jury voting the chance that the number one will not be the total winner is quite low. until now only one time there have been different winners at jury and televote. so the argument that it is more dramatic since we dont know the winner until the end not really counts.
i think the next step should be to stop the televoting and let the audience vote via app for 10 songs instead of only for one like the jurys.

tuorem

i think it is a good decision to change the voting system or the presentation, the only thing that worries me is that after we will know the winner of the jury voting the chance that the number one will not be the total winner is quite low. until now only one time there have been different winners at jury and televote. so the argument that it is more dramatic since we dont know the winner until the end not really counts.
i think the next step should be to stop the televoting and let the audience vote via app for 10 songs instead of only for one like the jurys.

Twice actually: last year (televote=Italy; Juries=Sweden) and in 2011 (televote=Azerbaijan; Juries=Italy). But I agree with you, if both parties keep on agreeing on the winner, it won't be that thrilling indeed.

Chorizo

I think it would be nice to have the ability to rank songs via the app but casual viewers would be overwhelmed with ranking ten songs, so I don't think that's realistic. At most, a top 3 might be realistic. Otherwise, there would be too many nonsense votes and too much arbitrary voting.

cegs5

Twice actually: last year (televote=Italy; Juries=Sweden) and in 2011 (televote=Azerbaijan; Juries=Italy). But I agree with you, if both parties keep on agreeing on the winner, it won't be that thrilling indeed.

But you will see that the juries and televoting agree only at the very end...not half an hour before the voting ends. That's the main point.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I received the same communication from the delegation this morning so they are definitely not happy about this. They want to spread this through the fan media as being such a small broadcaster, they don't really have much pull.

Good for San Marino I say.

FilipFromSweden

Same as previously, I believe; whoever got more 12 points, then 10 points down to 1 point. If it's still a tie then, whoever performed first.

Shouldn't it be: if a tie, whoever got the most televoting points wins?

Dessi

Well, it's up to San Marino to fix a voting system - for San Marino - that works. That is not really EBU's worries. What would happen if the voting system change completely? If we got rid of the juries and only public votes were allowed?

macmillanandwife

Well, it's up to San Marino to fix a voting system - for San Marino - that works. That is not really EBU's worries. What would happen if the voting system change completely? If we got rid of the juries and only public votes were allowed?

I think they would still be allowed to use juries? What is the minimum quota for televoting results to be valid? It is unfair for San Marino to have only 50% of their vote counting (even if it is a jury). I think the EBU should talk with SMRTV and see if there is an alternative to the televote for them.

Dessi

I think they would still be allowed to use juries? What is the minimum quota for televoting results to be valid? It is unfair for San Marino to have only 50% of their vote counting (even if it is a jury). I think the EBU should talk with SMRTV and see if there is an alternative to the televote for them.

I think that San Marino should talk to EBU. San Marino must have suggestions - for gods sake I have lots of suggestion and I am only one person - but instead of presenting suggestion they like to whine.... :twisted:

cegs5

San Marino participated in 2008 when was 100% televoting system. They used a jury instead.

FilipFromSweden

I highly doubt San Marino is going to do anything out of this

Dessi

San Marino participated in 2008 when was 100% televoting system. They used a jury instead.

Yeah, I know. And that is what I'm talking about (I'm in the San Marino-tread aswell... so maybe I've split my comments a bit...haha...)

Why dont San Marino just suggest to EBU that they want to have 100% juryvotes??? :? Why whine about it and blame EBU? DO something about it for gods sake. Make a suggestion that work for YOU. If the EBU denies the suggestion atleast you've tried. Or make an other suggestion that will work for San Marino... Like a people-jury-group...

tuorem

I think that San Marino should talk to EBU. San Marino must have suggestions - for gods sake I have lots of suggestion and I am only one person - but instead of presenting suggestion they like to whine.... :twisted:

They "whine" because they weren't aware that the rules would be changed in the first place. We wouldn't have had that statement from them had the EBU asked them about their opinion first (which would have been... respectful?).

cegs5

Yeah, I know. And that is what I'm talking about (I'm in the San Marino-tread aswell... so maybe I've split my comments a bit...haha...)

Why dont San Marino just suggest to EBU that they want to have 100% juryvotes??? :? Why whine about it and blame EBU? DO something about it for gods sake. Make a suggestion that work for YOU. If the EBU denies the suggestion atleast you've tried. Or make an other suggestion that will work for San Marino... Like a people-jury-group...

Apparently they didn't know about that change, and that's why they are complaining. Had they know about it, they would have maybe asked to have 100% jury votes, but they didn't know what EBU was cooking.

Chorizo

San Marino is really an unusual participant: Neither its entry nor its votes have anything to do with San Marino. :lol:

Top Bottom