• Love It!

61 31.1%
  • Hate It!

56 28.6%
  • Unsure

79 40.3%

• Total voters

EDC0708

Will it lead to more exciting voting, or did you prefer previous voting systems?

cegs5

Has the voting system changed at all? Or is it just the way they will announce the scores? afaik the system is still 50- 50, what is unclear for me is if each juror will still rank the entries from the 1st to the 26th place or are they giving 1 to 12 points each?

EDC0708

Has the voting system changed at all? Or is it just the way they will announce the scores? afaik the system is still 50- 50, what is unclear for me is if each juror will still rank the entries from the 1st to the 26th place or are they giving 1 to 12 points each?

Each country will now have a separate jury and televoting set of points, the televoting results will be announced all in one go at the end of the voting, with the Jury votes announced first, and only 12 points read out. I believe each juror ranks the entries from 1-25/26 but points are only awarded to the Juries top 10.

JamieBrown

Doesn't matter, since the juries have no influence in the countries televotes at all. Both rankings per country counting as individual voting (1-8;10;12 - Business as usual), means that a country can get 24 points from another one, 12 from the televoting and 12 from the jury.

cegs5

Each country will now have a separate jury and televoting set of points, the televoting results will be announced all in one go at the end of the voting, with the Jury votes announced first, and only 12 points read out. I believe each juror ranks the entries from 1-25/26 but points are only awarded to the Juries top 10.

That's what i understood, so actually the system has not changed at all...it's only the way they will present the scores, making it harder to a song to get nul points even.

cegs5

Doesn't matter, since the juries have no influence in the countries televotes at all. Both rankings per country counting as individual voting (1-8;10;12 - Business as usual), means that a country can get 24 points from another one, 12 from the televoting and 12 from the jury.

I know that... but it does matter if each juror will rank from 1st to 26th place or will award from 1 to 12 points, because in the first way it gives a single juror a power to sink a specific entry ranking it last. If that is the case, so no big change has been done.

Brandt

I would hit the like button if it was televote-centrical. Announcing 5 people's political views for the most of part doesn't sound exciting or rationale at all. Apart from that fact, I don't see much of difference tbh. In the end, they just made it worse.

Cyberbliss

I would have preferred the presenters introducing the televoting results, not the jury ones. This makes it jury-centrical, not people-centrical, if you know what I mean. Apart from that, there is substantially no difference.

Dante

The fact that we put the jury in the spotlight doesn't appeal to me. In the end, this is a contest about Europe getting together, political or not,we should feel how WE choose. I'll feel like watching a TV show. This system is ok in a NF, but in the grand show we should feel that it's also about us, the public. We speak about this idea of unity, but how are we sharing the moment/ building bridges/ coming together or whatever they say if they don't even give us the impression that we do.

DanielLuis

In a way they won't really put jury voting in the spotlight though. The most exciting part of the voting will be when the televoting will be announced.
I'm unsure yet, I need to see it in action to see if I like it or not.

Cyberbliss

In a way they won't really put jury voting in the spotlight though. The most exciting part of the voting will be when the televoting will be announced.
I'm unsure yet, I need to see it in action to see if I like it or not.

True, but then why to spend 30 minutes announcing the jury votes? Let's abolish the presenters at this point and make it quick :p it seems counter-productive to me

DanielLuis

True, but then why to spend 30 minutes announcing the jury votes? Let's abolish the presenters at this point and make it quick :p it seems counter-productive to me

Because that's been done for the past 40 years and if they got rid of that I think almost no one would be happy

ag89

Actually, I believe having jury points in the spotlight is not too bad.

No matter how some countries love/hate each other, jury still tends to vote differently. With televote we almost always know which countries will score well in certain regions. With the jury it's different. Of course, not all the time, but it's more fun to announce jury points and to see for example Georgia not getting any points from Ukraine or Denmark from Sweden. (they almost always get some points in televote exchange).

:D

Franco

That would be the logical consequence of this change. It also clarify why it should have been rejected by EBU in the first place.

John1

At this point, if they'd get rid of the 8 and 10 points announcement, then I'd be unsure...

DaFlo

Banned
Unsure.

There are good and bad aspects, I'll just wait for May and see how it goes :)

Top Bottom