Contact us

DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2010 - Lena - Satellite

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

94ayd

The majority thinks she's something exceptional and she's the clear winner from the moment they've laid eyes upon her... :roll:

Deltage

That's what I don't get, what's so special about that song? It seems like people just notice some positive points because they have already heard so much praise for the song. Personally, I had heard some of it also and yet when i actually listened to the song, my first reactions were that there's some Turkish/Greek-sound at the start, then that she has a bad accent, and then the fact that the song sounds like a typical new mainstream pop song. Nothing that would make it stand out in my opinion. I'm not calling it bad exactly, but for me it's definitely not more memorable as at least half of the other songs. Then again, I still don't get why Fairytale won either and obviously my taste differs from the majority of the voters.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Interesting, i thought the reason germany fell in love with her was because she was real and down to earth...pretty much just the opposite of a diva.

Deltage

Well, I haven't seen any interviews or know anything about her, so I have no idea. I don't follow ESC that closely, I basically just hang around ESCtoday at the Eurovision week in May and watch the shows and then forget most of it. This is the first year I have actually listened to most the songs before the live show (because I tend to like the studio versions better and there's no point for me to watch ESC if I don't try to have a professional opinion about the songs).

Dalia

OMG! No! She isn't a diva :shock:
She's a very lovely and funny girl, who loves to freak out and being different ;)
I love her interviews, because she's so freaky :lol:

And yeah, like Matt said, the Germans (for example me! :D) love her, because she's very down to earth and natural. She don't hide herself behind a "show" like big, tragic clothes and make-up- She's just a normal girl :)

PeterLPZ

Deltage said:
Well, I haven't seen any interviews or know anything about her, so I have no idea. I don't follow ESC that closely, I basically just hang around ESCtoday at the Eurovision week in May and watch the shows and then forget most of it. This is the first year I have actually listened to most the songs before the live show (because I tend to like the studio versions better and there's no point for me to watch ESC if I don't try to have a professional opinion about the songs).
So whats about the song from Aserbaidschan or from France. They are also nothing special - i like them, but these are also mainstreamsongs.

Deltage

Peter said:
Deltage said:
So whats about the song from Aserbaidschan or from France. They are also nothing special - i like them, but these are also mainstreamsongs.

Well, I'm a musician myself and while of course I rate the ESC songs according to my own taste I also try to have a neutral view of the songs and their quality (well, at least what I think makes a song special and good since there's no way of actually measuring it). For example, I think Drip Drop's instrumental is very well produced and also it's for me the only interesting ballad this year. Since I usually don't listen to ballads they have to be really special in order for me to have interest in them.

And while the French song sort of sounds like some mainstream pop music (it definitely seems to be popular in France) it's totally alternative for ESC and technically still a club track. And since my main hope related to ESC is more different and non-typical songs, I of course support it.

It should be added though that none of this years' ESC songs aren't very special to me or close to the music that I actually listen to.

PeterLPZ

That´s the first time since many years that Germany has a song, that is really mainstream. The last few years there had been special songs which the viewers didn´t like. So i´m very exciting about the result on Saturday. It could be top or it could be flop - who knows.

Deltage

Yeah, that's a good thing. I used to be quite familiar with German pop music because I watched VIVA and I always thought why they send such songs that don't reflect the actual German mainstream pop. if I remember correctly there have been some well-known German artists that participated in the national final, but didn't win.

wittgenstein

i hope we have a brave and contemporary jury who dares to give their votes to something new and something different. if that will be the case, germany is the winner i guess. :)

PeterLPZ

Yes, that´s the fact. I often didn´t know why the audiance had decided like they did. The songs had often been boring. Since Texas Lightning there hadn´t been such an hype about a ESC-song in Germany. I think, the song is a normal popsong, but Lena seems a little bit the girl from neighbourhood. And the best thing is, that she has really fun of what she does.

Top Bottom