Contact us

Describe your perfect eurovision

Pepe90

i would be pleased already, if we had less predictable votes and winner (i find it annoying that the bookies almost every time predict the winner)
and a close battle for the top spots.
and maybe an "exotic" winner like san marino, portugal or cyprus

greece

i would be pleased already, if we had less predictable votes and winner (i find it annoying that the bookies almost every time predict the winner)
and a close battle for the top spots.
and maybe an "exotic" winner like san marino, portugal or cyprus

Like the old good Eurovision...!

ESCFr

- The three least-ranked Big 5 members allocated to a semi-final.
- The three most-ranked no-Big 5 members ( except the winners ) replace them.
- Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Kazakhstan, Tunisia and Kosovo compete.
- Every Balkan country ( except Serbia and Bulgaria, due to the participation of Kosovo ) + Cyprus returns.
- Andorra, Luxembourg and Monaco returns.
- Czech Republic and Slovakia returns.
- Three semi-finals held in other cities than the Grand Final host.
- 10 qualifiers at each semi-final + a country saved by the national juries.
- A "lucky country" who is directly qualified for the finals but don't vote in the semi-finals.

This will be like :

Big 6
-Denmark
-Azerbaijan
-Ukraine
-Italy
-Sweden
-United Kingdom

Lucky country
-Latvia

First Semi-Final ( Herning )

Denmark and Azerbaijan vote in this semi-final.

01.Bosnia & Herzegovina
02.Luxembourg
03.Cyprus
04.Poland
05.Monaco
06.Armenia
07.Switzerland
08.Ireland
09.Georgia
10.France
11.Slovenia
12.Tunisia
13.Spain
14.Kosovo

Second Semi-Final ( Horsens )

Ukraine and Italy vote in this semi-final.

01.Croatia
02.Belgium
03.San Marino
04.Andorra
05.Finland
06.Belarus
07.Germany
08.Albania
09.Lebanon
10.Estonia
11.Montenegro
12.The Netherlands
13.Slovakia
14.Romania

Third Semi-Final ( Fredericia )

Sweden and the United Kingdom vote in this semi-final.

01.Greece
02.Russia
03.Norway
04.Czech Republic
05.Lithuania
06.FYR Macedonia
07.Iceland
08.Malta
09.Liechtenstein
10.Moldova
11.Israel
12.Austria
13.Kazakhstan
14.Portugal

Grand Final ( Copenhagen )

01.Iceland
02.France
03.Ukraine
04.Israel
05.Slovenia
06.Bosnia & Herzegovina
07.Portugal
08.United Kingdom
09.Russia
10.San Marino
11.Armenia
12.Denmark
13.Czech Republic
14.Monaco
15.Estonia
16.Italy
17.Slovakia
18.Germany
19.Croatia
20.Liechtenstein
21.Austria
22.Belgium
23.Azerbaijan
24.Malta
25.Greece
26.Switzerland
27.Sweden
28.The Netherlands
29.Poland
30.Latvia
31.Lebanon
32.Georgia
33.Norway
34.Spain
35.Lithuania
36.Cyprus
37.Belarus

As i think, if Poland win, then Greece and The Netherlands are coming behind, and that Denmark, Italy and Ukraine are no longer part of the top 6, here's the way it should be :

-Poland
-Sweden
-Greece
-Azerbaijan
-The Netherlands
-United Kingdom

GRE

37 songs in the Grand Final ?
Ok its your dream,you do whatever you want,
I think it might be at least 4 hours show ! :eek:

greece

Well I didn't say that this will happen....but it is the only way to came back to 3 hours

r3gg13

I guess more realistically speaking, an ideal ESC for me would be whenever a performer that I like competes, or my favorite entry wins.

Less realistically, when having an orchestra is an option again!

Salmon

- Every Balkan country ( except Serbia and Bulgaria, due to the participation of Kosovo ) + Cyprus returns

I laughed more at this than I should have. :lol:

But three semis... come on, this isn't WV :lol:

Nikkita

- Can contain Andorra,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Turkey,Morocco...(any European or European-related country)except Azerbaijan and Armenia.I'm open to politics but not ''cold war'' on stage.
- A middle-sized full LED stage,like a tinier version of 2009's.Also fans should be close to the stage so we can all feel the enthusiasm.
- Diversity in songs (like some jokes,some dancy songs,some ballads,some rock,some indie,some metal...)
- Theme should contain symbols can be accorded to all countries' flags.Also the postcards must be about the artist's country but blended with the host country,creative ideas like 2009 or 2008 are ideal.
- 2 semifinals(20 song in each) + 1 final with 25 songs are ideal.As fans we can't get enough but as an example,Turks has to keep awake till 2 a.m,so it shouldn't be so LONG :lol:
- A opening with the previous year's winning song would be perfect,like 2007's.
- Jury effect must be %25 so they can't sabotage the fun,but they can sabotage the block voting(did they ever sabotaged that?)

Above this,any Eurovision had my wishlist participants would be the best :lol:

r3gg13

- Can contain Andorra,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Turkey,Morocco...(any European or European-related country)except Azerbaijan and Armenia.I'm open to politics but not ''cold war'' on stage.
- A middle-sized full LED stage,like a tinier version of 2009's.Also fans should be close to the stage so we can all feel the enthusiasm.
- Diversity in songs (like some jokes,some dancy songs,some ballads,some rock,some indie,some metal...)
- Theme should contain symbols can be accorded to all countries' flags.Also the postcards must be about the artist's country but blended with the host country,creative ideas like 2009 or 2008 are ideal.
- 2 semifinals(20 song in each) + 1 final with 25 songs are ideal.As fans we can't get enough but as an example,Turks has to keep awake till 2 a.m,so it shouldn't be so LONG :lol:
- A opening with the previous year's winning song would be perfect,like 2007's.
- Jury effect must be %25 so they can't sabotage the fun,but they can sabotage the block voting(did they ever sabotaged they?)

Above this,any Eurovision had my wishlist participants would be the best :lol:

Your comment about the juries is nice. I actually would love to see that too!

JamesUK1990

37 songs in the Grand Final ?
Ok its your dream,you do whatever you want,
I think it might be at least 4 hours show ! :eek:

You say that like it's a bad thing!! :p I always think the more the merrier, so a Eurovision with no semi and 50 contestants... bring it on!!!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Kaz

Replace it with NSC. xheart

But seriously:
  • No juries
  • Language rule (though that one is debatable)
  • Orchestra
  • ONE (sic) vote per phone
  • Azerbaijan being banned :p
  • MOAR EHTNO
  • As many countries returning as possible
  • Top 6 of the previous year prequalifying (lol NSC)
  • National commentators no longer brabbling into half of the performances

Yeah, I'm quite a traditionalist.

I think not. The juries are there to balance out anomalies in the televoting.
If there were no juries, last year Romania would have been 7th, and Moldova 19th.
Or in 2012, Greece and Italy would swap positions. Greece 9th, Italy 17th.
I rest my case.

Pepe90

[*]Azerbaijan being banned :p[*]MOAR EHTNO

i totally agree with your last point, i HATE some commentators, but why ban azerbaijan? because it's not democratic? then also ban belarus.
or because of it's politics with armenia? i think "negative politics" are not worse than "positive politics" like always exchanging 12 points,
even though i have to say azerbaijan is the best example for both extremes haha

midnightsun

Veteran
I have thought some time about it. How to make a fair Eurovision and make all people happy? Well, this you probably can't. But you can try coming close to. I would love to discuss my thoughts with you, whether you like them or not! :) Opinions are welcome.

My perfect Eurovision would be:

-> Only 20 countries taking part. My reason to limit it to 20 is simply, because each song gains more attention and people do remember them better. 26 songs are far too many, most people I know will be asleep at the end.

-> The big 5 are abolished. The songs which are set for the finale are 1.) last year's winners plus b.) place no. 2-6 as a "reward" for their good result.

-> All other countries must do a semi-finale first. The two semi-finals are limited to 28 countries. If there are more than 28 participating songs, a preselection must take place as it happenend in the early 90s. Scandinavian countries, Balkan countries, Ex-sovjet countries, middle European countries etc. have to pass the preselection of their region. In each semi-final, 14 songs are participating - seven will pass.

-> As a "reward", the winner country of the previous year is entitled to choose its starting number in the final. All other countries' starting positions will be drawn randomly.

The exciting part: the voting!

-> Entitled to vote are all countries, who participated in the final and semi-finals and the pre-selections.

-> The voting is 50% juries / 50% tele-voting

-> The juries are a group of 10 people of all ages, gender, professions and music-experts (as they had in the pre-1997 years) AND they vote in the same final as the audience does. There is no special "jury final". In modern times like these it won't be a problem to generate the results of the juries quickly. They have the whole evening to scribble their notes and to draw up a list/ranking 1 - 12 points. They are in a room locally at the venue, "monitored" by the executive producer (or similar).

-> The votes of the countries of the semi-finals/pre-selections are displayed at once at the beginning of the voting.

-> Now the voting starts as we all know it from the earlier days: all 20 finalist countries are reading their points, one by one, from 1 to 12. :) (maybe they can generate the reading order based on the results to make it more exciting)

Top Bottom