Contact us

Describe your perfect eurovision

tuorem

My perfect Eurovision would be full house (all European countries, including Luxembourg, Slovakia, Andorra and Liechtenstein).

-Each country would sing in their own language again (because English would not be fashionable anymore).
-There would be a much greater variety of music genres: pop, rock, jazz, opera-pop, electronic music, country, raggae, rap, metal, country, etc... Give 'em all to me!
-The overall quality level of the music would be much higher: nations would tend to push boundaries more often.
-The random draw would be back again and the jury members (20 people per country) would actually be monitored properly.
-The parade of the grand final would be extended to the semis and would become a tradition over the years.

That's all I can think of right now :lol:

midnightsun

Veteran
...the jury members (20 people per country) would actually be monitored properly.

This is something I do VERY wish for. How can it be most jury members have similar rankings? Of course, the ranking is not exactly the same but apart from some minor discrepancy they often have the same countries in their votings. Nobody can tell me this happens accidently.

Stiven

This is something I do VERY wish for. How can it be most jury members have similar rankings? Of course, the ranking is not exactly the same but apart from some minor discrepancy they often have the same countries in their votings. Nobody can tell me this happens accidently.

It's because they vote in the same room and share their opinions. Although I do support having a jury I do believe they should be separated and that they shouldn't be allowed to share their opinions between each other. a set up like we have internet cafes could work:

Each juror will have his/her monitor and headphones, a small division will prevent them from peeping into the other jurors results and the supervisor will make sure everything goes alright.

esc87fan

That's what I think the juries should do: instead of voting together at the same table, they should be separated into separate rooms or divided by partitions like Stiven suggested. That way each juror can judge each act on their own merit without coersion from the other jury members

MyHeartIsYours

Venue: Echo Arena, Liverpool / Hosts: Petra Mede and Eric Saade

Televoting worth 75% / jury voting worth 25%.

Include 9 and 11 points.

Scrap the national juries - have a single international jury made up of one musician from each EBU + Associate EBU country not participating, which votes on the final performance, not the rehearsal.

Spokespersons from each country read out the televoting 10, 11 and 12 points, after all countries have voted the international jury reveals its points.

Include Russia to make a Big 6.

30 countries in the Grand Final - 7 pre-qualifiers, top 10 from each Semi Final and 3 losers 'wildcards'.

The pre-qualified countries can choose when they would like to perform in the Grand Final.

Semi finalists vote in the opposite Semi Final to the one they perform in, pre-qualified countries can vote in both.

All EBU memberstates and all Associate EBU memberstates that are "European" by majority are able to participate eg Canada, United States, Chile all can, China, India, South Africa all can't.

Non-sovereign countries of EBU memberstates like Gibraltar and Greenland can participate.

LastDreamer

Banned
100 % jury

Exclude non-European countries (Australia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Israel, Turkey) , maybe Russia and Cyprus too

Exclude Ukraine (for sending awful songs almost every year)

United Kingdom can send 4 songs (each from one region : Wales, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland), if they want it.

No Big 5 and without automatic qualification for the host country, all songs start with the semifinals stage.

Realest

- No Big5
- No Non-European Countries
- No Diasporavoting allowed
- 2 Semis with 21 Countries where the Top 12 Qualifies
- Bigger Jurys

B3stbeats

Same rules from before 1999. But with more countries.

Be like Festival de San Remo and Festivali I Këngës

EDC0708

I would change everything!

Return of the Orchestra
Return of language rule
Randomly drawn running order
Reduce length of the interval
No Comedy Sketches, as these don't seem to work.
Postcards show the host nation

Semi Finals
Each participating country split into six groups based on previous voting patterns, and divided equally between the two semi's.
All countries can vote in both semi finals.
100% televoting, but countries can only vote for songs in other participating groups. E.g. if Group A featured Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia and F.Y.R. Macedonia, these countries could not vote for each other.
Top 8 Qualify.

Final
100% Televoting, all countries can vote for any country except their own.
Ten Automatic Qualifiers:
Big 5
Host Country (or next highest ranked nation if Big 5 country is host)
Most recent Junior Eurovision Winner (or next highest if already qualified)
Most recent Eurovision Dance Contest Winner (or next highest if already qualified) - it would be back if I was in charge :)
Most recent EYM Winner (Even Years) or EYD winner (Odd Years) (or next highest if already qualified)
Most Recent Eurovision Choir of the year winner (or next highest if already qualified) (Odd Years) or randomly selected wildcard (even years)
Top eight qualifiers from each semi final

All points read out, with the camera cutting to each of the 8-12 points as they are awarded.

tomos2019

-If not the language rule brought back then native languages encouraged/some kind of new language rule introduced.
-Instead of more places not in Europe we get a split UK in Eurovision and possibly other non-independent places.
-Bulgaria,Slovakia and maybe Andorra and the others return.
-Liechtenstein debuts.
-Instead of Australia we have a different guest country from outside Europe every year.
--EDIT:Also the postcards show the host country, that was a good suggestion.

Last edited:

GRE

My perfect Eurovision:
Bulgaria, Slovakia, Andorra, Bosnia, Turkey, Morocco, Monaco and Luxembourg return.
Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Tunisia, Kazakhstan and Kosovo debut.
Australia out. Each year another guest country from the rest of the world.

Laepo1

My perfect Eurovision:
Bulgaria, Slovakia, Andorra, Bosnia, Turkey, Morocco, Monaco and Luxembourg return.
Liechtenstein, Lebanon, Tunisia, Kazakhstan and Kosovo debut.
Australia out. Each year another guest country from the rest of the world.

Morocco and Lebanon should be considered "rest of the world". Israel as well but since they have been in the contest for so long, they should be allowed to stay.

I just wish for a non-political show where the best song wins. (and Portugal achieves great results)

Top Bottom