10 6.5%

12 7.8%

24 15.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

ESC94

I agree, I also found his comment very chauvinistic as western and northern countries would have the more sophisticated taste.
Reason why your song flopped because it was a soulless-manufactured popsong were everything sounded and looked like created by ChatGTP.
Speaking of that: Has anyone heard of Reiley? Is he ok? He hasn't posted since the Semi. :(

Alone for that arrogant attitude I wish them at least five more years of staying in the semis!!

Bmbriga

It's not like Greece sent a sirtaki song, quite the opposite xexcuseme

Although, he maybe does have a point. I don't know anybody out of Scandinavia who would listen to this song (apologies to people from Scandinavia if things like that are not popular in their parts of the woods).
Maybe 12 year old girls? 14-15 year old ones would rather die on spot than being cought with it in their play lists.

Ezio

Veteran
That's a new low for Denmark, but I guess closing the semifinal would have made him a borderline Q.

Sammy

Veteran
I think the studio version could do well in the near future. The hook lends itself to a tiktok-trend.

Funix

I know the vocals wasn't the best, but I'm quiet in shock over the result for Denmark. Only 6 points? I find the song rather OK and a lot better than many other acts this year.
DR really has step their game up next year and choose some artists that can burn through on stage and somehow have a more accessible song to the Eurovision audience that can translate to votes.

bstream

The DMGP chief coming out saying that "everything is fine" is an eyebrow-raising statement considering DMGP has long had the reputation of being one of the "safest" national finals in the whole contest.

Last edited:

jatojo

The DMGP chief coming out saying that "everything is fine" is an eyebrow-raising statement considering DMGP has long had the reputation of being the "safest" national finals in the whole contest.

What does “safest” mean here?

ag89

Denmark was lucky to have Iceland in the semi, otherwise it could have been third country in the semi with a zero.

jatojo

I didn't like their NF and I didn't like this song. I just think the song was a bit too generic to the point where it felt lifeless and plastic

The term “generic” is so over-used. Nowadays, it only seems to mean “it’s a song I don’t like”.

DR is right: one of the problems with Reiley’s song may be that it’s too modern. (=not generic enough)

bstream

DR is right: one of the problems with Reiley’s song may be that it’s too modern. (=not generic enough)

A modern sounding song can definitely be too generic. Being "modern" wasn't even the problem.

The root of the problem is that the song was in a key he couldn't comfortably reach. In addition to that, the song didnt really go anywhere sonically. There's this DMGP-type of "flatness" that most of Denmark's entries have had in the last ten years that they need to seriously break out of.

Last edited:

martin

Denmark was lucky to have Iceland in the semi, otherwise it could have been third country in the semi with a zero.
Yeah i.m are not sure at all that Finland or Sweden would vote for it. Also could see Norway give this 0 points. Iceland is the nordic country who vote most for Denmark

gigi_copp3

The term “generic” is so over-used. Nowadays, it only seems to mean “it’s a song I don’t like”.

I feel that his problem is that the song is totally soulless. I would have removed the vocal effects, he could have delivered

jatojo

I feel that his problem is that the song is totally soulless. I would have removed the vocal effects, he could have delivered

The song was never my favourite, and the vocals in Liverpool were not good enough for qualifying. It seems he has over-excercised his voice which can have severe consequences when it's falsetto. His performances up to Liverpool and on the night were worse than in the national final.

In any case, it's not a safe choice to bring a falsetto song, and Reiley's song is not a typical Eurovision song. People are saying too many things that are inaccurate.

Top Bottom