Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
I tj
He was quite a famous rock-musician. He was in two bands - one "White Lion" and the other "Freak of Nature". Then we went solo. White Lion was VERY huge in Japan and Germany and USA, he filled huge halls. One of his biggest hits:

I think I have to give him another chance..
I actually listened only once almost all Dansk MGP 2021 entries..

Mrm

Veteran
It definitely is not for 2/10 and the last place in DMGP 2021, as I gave after the first listen.. It is still a bit boring, but I like it more now...

mauve

Veteran
It definitely is not for 2/10 and the last place in DMGP 2021, as I gave after the first listen.. It is still a bit boring, but I like it more now...
I don't like his song very much either tbh, since I just keep comparing it to the wonderful songs he has done before in his past. And in fact DMGP is quite boring this year ... :(

rasmuslights

Veteran
why did Denmark start losing interest in the contest since their win? Like this didn't happen with Ukraine/the Netherlands/Portugal.. so why did it happen with Denmark? Like they used to be a powerhouse, but now they are mostly fillers (even though I loved their 2017 and 2020 entry)

mauve

Veteran
Since I just had listened once to all songs, I listened to them all again and my opinon didn't change. The three songs I like most are:

Mike Tramp – Everything Is Alright
The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullets
Emma Nicoline – Står lige her

The only song of these that has the chance of winning might be The Cosmic Twins, so I hope they will make it on Saturday. I hope that Fyr Og Flamme doesn't make it because the song is terrible.

jatojo

A word before I get far into this that I'm going to use words & phrases like "bad" and "shitty" and "nothing of value," and I would like to make clear that when I use these terms, I am speaking solely for myself and Denmark's success at pleasing me personally. Denmark (obviously) don't care about that, nor necessarily should they. I'm not so self-important to suggest that my personal taste has any import beyond me as a listener and anyone who looks at what I say as a listener and, for whatever godforsaken reason, decides to react with something other than a "who cares." So when I use those terms, I'm speaking for me and me alone.

Anywho, there is not a single country that has in recent memory demonstrated a stronger combination of "bad decision-making re: what should be in NFs" and "bad decision-making re: what should win NFs" than Denmark. Not only have Denmark not sent a legitimately good entry in a very long time, but in the past six years, they've had four legitimately good songs in their NFs total, and zero 2016-2019. In three of the past six years, they've picked the very worst of the entries available, but for the most part, those terrible entries weren't "robbing" anything of value. So not only does Denmark have the worst NF on the continent, a full half of the time (a greater frequency than anyone else), they've picked the worst thing they could from those shitty NFs.

Something changed last year: for the first time since 2015, there was genuinely a song that the (awful) Danish entry robbed, "Human." When I heard "Say Yes" for what I hope will be the last time last year, I wasn't just thinking "ugh, this is bad;" I was thinking "ugh, we could've had something really good from Denmark. Something that the organizers of the NF actually made tangible and offered to us." Instead of blaming the organizers of the NF and the Danish public in equal measure, I was able to pin most of the blame for inflicting "Say Yes" upon Eurovision 2020 on the Danish public. That means someone improved.

(For the record, on the same night "Human" lost, "Cicciolina" and "Bulletproof" did, too. "Cicciolina" would've been my #1, "Bulletproof" my #3-5, and "Human" around 10th, but that would still be as good as Denmark's been for me in god knows how long. Baby steps.)

Forgive me for thinking that "Human" was going to be a fluke and that Denmark would go right back to offering me nothing of value. PLOT TWIST, it was actually foreshadowing because Denmark have not one but SEVERAL good options available to them. If "Øve Os På Hinanden" had a woman singing it would stand a pretty good chance of being my #1 and will run that close anyway, Chief 1 & his friend have a good entry, "Silver Bullet" is campy enough that it makes me laugh, and that's just what's in the top 3 of the odds - the mid- and under-card have a couple nice offerings, too. Maybe Denmark won't pick any of the good songs they have on offer. But Croatia didn't pick any of the good songs on offer this year or last, and Belarus didn't last year, but I still had a great time watching each of those three NFs (Croatia 2020 & 2021; Belarus 2020), and I imagine I'll have the same great time with Denmark this time around. If the Danish public screw this up, it would hardly be the first time ever; I think I've established that by now. But either way, I'll have some fun getting there.

"Yes" was a very good entry, and all indiciations were that the song would qualify for the final in Rotterdam. "Human" was among my favourites before the Danish show, but the performance on stage was not good, and I would never vote for an entry that doesn't work live. I think it's very uncontroversial that a bad live performance can easily cost victory. (The same thing happened for Gram-Of-Fun in Estonia this year.)

If we include "Yes", Denmark has had four consecutive qualifications for the ESC final - that is not easy. It goes to show that many ESC fans have the wrong taste, sorry to say (meaning: out of line with the general opinion).

jatojo

why did Denmark start losing interest in the contest since their win? Like this didn't happen with Ukraine/the Netherlands/Portugal.. so why did it happen with Denmark? Like they used to be a powerhouse, but now they are mostly fillers (even though I loved their 2017 and 2020 entry)
At least there is still a show. Many countries have cancelled their shows and pick a single artist instead. That's sad, and it's even more sad that they get away with it (=the Eurovision fans don't seem to care if there is a national show or not, which devalues the concept of Eurovision IMO).

jatojo

Since I just had listened once to all songs, I listened to them all again and my opinon didn't change. The three songs I like most are:

Mike Tramp – Everything Is Alright
The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullets
Emma Nicoline – Står lige her

The only song of these that has the chance of winning might be The Cosmic Twins, so I hope they will make it on Saturday. I hope that Fyr Og Flamme doesn't make it because the song is terrible.

I agree! But I'm not sure The Cosmic Twins will impress live.

For some reason, "Står lige her" is not among the bookmakers' top favourites. Maybe the chorus is just too simple.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I agree! But I'm not sure The Cosmic Twins will impress live.

For some reason, "Står lige her" is not among the bookmakers' top favourites. Maybe the chorus is just too simple.

I hope it's between Emma Nicoline and Fyr og Flamme

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ben & Tan not being on DMGP is nonesense. Iron Heart looks like a great song and honestly... would it harm anyone by having them? DR claims the song wasn't strong enough and I'm like... fo'real?? I've heard better excuses.

Top Bottom