Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
RUNNING ORDER

1. Chief1 & Thomas Buttenschøn – Højt over skyerne (High above the clouds)
  2. Nanna Olivia – Hvileløse hjerter (Restless hearts)
  3. The Cosmic Twins – Silver Bullets
  4. Claudia Campagnol – Abracadabra
  5. Mike Tramp – Everything Is Alright
  6. Fyr Og Flamme – Øve os på hinanden (Practice on each other)
  7. Emma Nicoline – Står lige her (Standing right here)
  8. Jean Michel – Beautiful

ag89

Danish selections have been traditionally among my least favourite almost every year, even when they selected entries that were successful at ESC. The level of blandness is just over the moon. Let's compare it to their neighbours and selections there. For example, Norwegian selection brings some edge and diversity every year, Sweden brings what is somehow expected, but it is always high quality we like it or not. Denmark brings neither of those, particularly this year.

Danish selections have been traditionally among my least favourite almost every year, even when they selected entries that were successful at ESC. The level of blandness is just over the moon. Let's compare it to their neighbours and selections there. For example, Norwegian selection brings some edge and diversity every year, Sweden brings what is somehow expected, but it is always high quality we like it or not. Denmark brings neither of those, particularly this year.
This is what happens when a country relies too much upon neighbor/diaspora voting, the Danish lack the urge to push themselves if they can succeed despite the lack of quality and passion invested in their entries.

rasmuslights

Veteran

it's ironic tho that I will probably have the Danish entry (if they pick Emma or Fyr og Flamme) higher than the Norwegian and Finnish one even though I loved their selections and dislike the Danish one. If only Norway and Finland knew how to make correct choices (that said I do like both song it's just that they are not my cup of tea).

jatojo

"Abracadabra": If she can sing live as she does in the studio version, it may score some points, but the melody is not interesting.

"Hvileløse Hjerte": I don't see why this song could get selected for MGP. It makes no impact at all.

"Everything Is Alright": The sound and vibe is great, and I think he can impress live on stage. But there is no real chorus, so it's mainly just a "genre song".

"Beautiful": Middle of the road pop song where they've tried to spice it up with some distortions that I don't like. I think he'll do well on stage.

"Står lige her": The sound of this song reminds me a bit of Medina (a big Danish pop star), but Emma Nicoline has a more "raw" vocal. It's the song I've listened to the most until now. The weakness may be that the chorus is too simple.

"Højt over skyerne": It's a well executed motown song, and it has a good deal of freshness to it, but I feel it's a bit like "The WayYou Are", the Danish entry from 2015 - it nails the genre, but in doing so, it loses impact. And will Chief 1 sing well live? I doubt it.

"Silver Bullet": The chorus is note by note identical to the "riff" in the song "Kids" by MGMT. That's a problem, I think. I also doubt the two singers' abilities when it comes to live performing on stage. Apart from that, the song has a better chance of qualifying for the final in Rotterdam than the others of the contest.

"Øve os på hinanden": The bookmakers seem to like this song, but I really hope they're wrong, because it's not catchy at all. It is an 80's song (like, it's not expired by the sound of the 80's, it's more a 1:1 version of it) but that's not a quality in itself, in my opinion.

I don't see why there couldn't be two more songs in the running here. I don't recall a Danish MGP with so few songs. Picking only eight entries is almost like making a statement - though I don't know what sense such a statement should make.

Last edited:

Romeo

So DR have said that "Iron Heart" isn't good enough for DMGP 2021. Ben and Tan wanted to retain the title and take part again. listening to the songs I'm not sure how DR can make the decision that it wasn't good enough. 2021 is the weakest DMGP I have evert witnessed. IMO only one of the songs are deserving of being in a eurovision final. After the Danish public paid to vote last year and they paid to see Ben and Tan in Eurovision the least DR can do is allow them a chance this year

Preuss

Yikes, poor Ben & Tan

This edition of DMGP is even beyond bland... even for their standards. Better luck next year, Denmark

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
A word before I get far into this that I'm going to use words & phrases like "bad" and "shitty" and "nothing of value," and I would like to make clear that when I use these terms, I am speaking solely for myself and Denmark's success at pleasing me personally. Denmark (obviously) don't care about that, nor necessarily should they. I'm not so self-important to suggest that my personal taste has any import beyond me as a listener and anyone who looks at what I say as a listener and, for whatever godforsaken reason, decides to react with something other than a "who cares." So when I use those terms, I'm speaking for me and me alone.

Anywho, there is not a single country that has in recent memory demonstrated a stronger combination of "bad decision-making re: what should be in NFs" and "bad decision-making re: what should win NFs" than Denmark. Not only have Denmark not sent a legitimately good entry in a very long time, but in the past six years, they've had four legitimately good songs in their NFs total, and zero 2016-2019. In three of the past six years, they've picked the very worst of the entries available, but for the most part, those terrible entries weren't "robbing" anything of value. So not only does Denmark have the worst NF on the continent, a full half of the time (a greater frequency than anyone else), they've picked the worst thing they could from those shitty NFs.

Something changed last year: for the first time since 2015, there was genuinely a song that the (awful) Danish entry robbed, "Human." When I heard "Say Yes" for what I hope will be the last time last year, I wasn't just thinking "ugh, this is bad;" I was thinking "ugh, we could've had something really good from Denmark. Something that the organizers of the NF actually made tangible and offered to us." Instead of blaming the organizers of the NF and the Danish public in equal measure, I was able to pin most of the blame for inflicting "Say Yes" upon Eurovision 2020 on the Danish public. That means someone improved.

(For the record, on the same night "Human" lost, "Cicciolina" and "Bulletproof" did, too. "Cicciolina" would've been my #1, "Bulletproof" my #3-5, and "Human" around 10th, but that would still be as good as Denmark's been for me in god knows how long. Baby steps.)

Forgive me for thinking that "Human" was going to be a fluke and that Denmark would go right back to offering me nothing of value. PLOT TWIST, it was actually foreshadowing because Denmark have not one but SEVERAL good options available to them. If "Øve Os På Hinanden" had a woman singing it would stand a pretty good chance of being my #1 and will run that close anyway, Chief 1 & his friend have a good entry, "Silver Bullet" is campy enough that it makes me laugh, and that's just what's in the top 3 of the odds - the mid- and under-card have a couple nice offerings, too. Maybe Denmark won't pick any of the good songs they have on offer. But Croatia didn't pick any of the good songs on offer this year or last, and Belarus didn't last year, but I still had a great time watching each of those three NFs (Croatia 2020 & 2021; Belarus 2020), and I imagine I'll have the same great time with Denmark this time around. If the Danish public screw this up, it would hardly be the first time ever; I think I've established that by now. But either way, I'll have some fun getting there.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
I believe the ESC fandom favourites are mostly The Cosmic Twins and Emma, 2 songs that have the most potential out of the lot. Both are my favourites too.

But then we know the "live" performances can change everything. So I'm still adopting a "wait & see" approach. The only positive thing about the Danish NF is that there's only 1 show to follow.

mauve

Veteran
Even though he will have no chance, I will enjoy Mike Tramp's performance for sure! Saw him three times live and met him once personally (gosh, that was 1994!) when I still lived in Tokyo. xheart.

Mrm

Veteran
Even though he will have no chance, I will enjoy Mike Tramp's performance for sure! Saw him three times live and met him once personally (gosh, that was 1994!) when I still lived in Tokyo. xheart.
Who's he actually? :D

mauve

Veteran
Who's he actually? :D
He was quite a famous rock-musician. He was in two bands - one "White Lion" and the other "Freak of Nature". Then he went solo. White Lion was VERY huge in Japan and Germany and USA, he filled huge halls. One of his biggest hits:

THE biggest hit probably:

Last edited:
Top Bottom