Så lad os øve os på hinanden
Lige om lidt er vi to voksne
Du er kvinden, jeg er manden
Hele gulvet er gået fra forstanden
La' os øve på hinanden​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah, remember how I said "Yes" had the trappings of a bad Of Monsters And Men song? "Iron heart" is like... an incredibly shitty version of "Little talks". Abhorrent, and it WOULD have won DMGP so well-avoided there.

jatojo

"Yes" was a good song, and all indiciations were that it would qualify for the final in Rotterdam. The bookmakers had it among the 15 best all the way through, and in the German contest, it finished 11th out of 40. So, all in all, despite the haters, Denmark had a great entry here - as opposed to 2021 where it is hard to see a Rotterdam finalist among the eight songs.

Koori

Ben & Tan >>>>> whole selection all together, shame on you, Danish channel

Also if the rumors are true and they gave their label only one place in selection for anyone EXCEPT Ben & Tan, I wish they stay in the semi and think about their behavior xqueenbitch You should be deaf not to hear that their song is much more better than anything in this one of the weakest selections, so probably it's something personal and I don't respect that

jatojo

Ben & Tan were asked if they would go on stage and give flowers to the winners. They said no (pun intended!). I don't know why we are not going to see their winning performance. In Norway, Ulrikke performed her song at this year's final.

mauve

Veteran
I will have an eye on what's happening tonight, but I doubt that the winner - no matter who it will be - will be among my top 10. I hope that the section will be stronger next year.

Mrm

Veteran
@mauve

Mike Tramp - "Everything is Alright" is such a grower!
It is so simple, yet so effective..
It is so non ESC and non festival overall, just like Belgium 2021.. xlove xheart

jatojo

As much as this selection is, i have to say that Højt Over Skyerne grows on me a bit, well-made danish schlager, good vibes only.
Not strong enough to enter my top 10 but i really like it.
I would be okay with "Højt Over Skyerne", "Står Lige Her", and "Everything Is Allright" as winners - if only they can beat Fyr & Flamme's song which unfortunately is rated as a pretty clear number one on the bookmakers' list. The only quality of that song is the evident 80's vibe.

Mrm

Veteran
I would be okay with "Højt Over Skyerne", "Står Lige Her", and "Everything Is Allright" as winners - if only they can beat Fyr & Flamme's song which unfortunately is rated as a pretty clear number one on the bookmakers' list. The only quality of that song is the evident 80's vibe.
Maybe it's gona be a trainwreck live, like Jasmin Rose feat. RoxorLoops - "Human" last yaaer.. :eek:
So smth else wins..

jatojo

Note that songs like Rasmussen's and Ben & Tan's were written by Swedes. Denmark would not have been so relatively succesful in recent years if it hadn't been for songs by non-Danish composers. This year, the organizers have focused on a more Danish show (more songs written by Danes, more songs in Danish, no foreign singers), and that may show to be a weakness.

John1

Can they pick one of these damn songs in Danish tonight instead of S*lver Bullets or whatever it's called? Thanks xheart

EscGeek

Veteran
So my ideal top 3 for tonight is:

Fyr & Flamme "Øve os på hinanden"
The Cosmic Twins "Silver Bullet"
Mike Tramp "Everything Is Alright"

But the problem is, i'm not willing to sell my soul for any of them. One sounds okay, but it feels so old, and there's not a single retro element in it, the other one also sounds okay, but it's some Darude - Look Away level of disappointment for its genre (but i love the sax part). And the third one is also just nice, but it sounds like an album filler of some random american band from the 2000s.

Denmark is being even more vanilla than usual. In most years i could find at least one song to fully stand behind: (my recent dmgp winners in spoilers

Mimmon

Veteran
tbh....
I really don't care which song they pick tonight...They are all weak
but if I need choose my favourites I guess its between Mike/Ema,Silver Bullet and 80's band....
Saftest choice is Abracadabra
Uniqness wise uhm...is there uniqness in this selection not really because they all sound similar but I guess Ema....

Hoping Denmark flop badly in semi by mistake they made missing including the best song that got disqualified...

NemesisNick

I’ve seen the videos of the eight songs taking part in the Danish national final, Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2021, and I intend to watch the Danish national final, Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2021, online from the UK. I've produced a video this afternoon giving my views on the eight finalist in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2021.

p.s. I haven't yet seen the finalists of the other national finals taking place tonight, those being Estonia, Italy and Portugal.

A-lister

Veteran
Does anyone from Denmark know if there is any chance that we'd get Danish in ESC if one of the Danish language entries win or they will translate like in the past? Any information about that?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can't wait to waste my evening watching this NF

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Does anyone from Denmark know if there is any chance that we'd get Danish in ESC if one of the Danish language entries win or they will translate like in the past? Any information about that?

No, nothing. However, I don't think they'd change a habit of a lifetime. ;)

Top Bottom