10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

3 1.3%

21 9.4%

• Total voters

ZoboCamel

Re: DENMARK 2018

Rasmussen's "Higher Ground" seems like the obvious standout here, as while it feels Denmark-y it's the only one that's got some proper punch and clear potential for an effective live performance. My only concern, though, is that it seems the snippet is taken from the last 30 seconds of the song... and there have been a lot of times in the past where I've been hyped for a snippet only to find out that it's the climactic final section of the song, and the previous parts are mostly ho-hum.

It definitely has potential, though, and if anything's seeing Denmark into the top 10 as they wish then that'll be the one. Even then, it feels halfway between :ch: 2013 and :hu: 2016, neither of which really approached the top 10... but anyway.

Otherwise, Albin's "Music for the Road" stands out a little over the remaining eight due to its slight country elements and catchy whistling, though again the snippet seems to be taken from the final chorus.

So yes, Rasmussen with a decent performance and a good full version please~

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Rasmussen has the best snippet by far there, I think I will like this one a lot if the rest of the song matches with this snippet. A couple of others were alright and quite enjoyable but nothing of any significance, then there were songs like Starlight which sounded like a total rubbish. There is potential here.

ZoboCamel

Rasmussen has the best snippet by far there, I think I will like this one a lot if the rest of the song matches with this snippet. A couple of others were alright and quite enjoyable but nothing of any significance, then there were songs like Starlight which sounded like a total rubbish. There is potential here.

I'm always confused by how we have the polar opposite taste in WorldVision but somehow manage to agree on a lot at Eurovision itself :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I'm always confused by how we have the polar opposite taste in WorldVision but somehow manage to agree on a lot at Eurovision itself :lol:

Ahaha same. When you joined WV I expected we would both have similar taste there also, but it wasn't the case. Let us both enjoy these moments that Eurovision delivers to us. :D

DirtyFalcon

Well, I can say by its not the best selection we have to discover this year. I don't see any big big song on this selection who can achieve a great result for Denmark. I've listened to the whole songs and to be honest my favourite is Starlight - Anna Ritsmar.

But i dont understand the beginning of hype around Rasmussen - Higher Ground. This song is good but not so great. I can easily find better songs on the already chosen acts for ESC 2018 (Czech Republic, France, Switzerland and Spain for example).
Anyway good luck Denmark. I hope you will choose Starlight or eventually Angels to My Battlefield, the 2 best songs IMO

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

[MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] I just listened to Higher Ground in full and the best way I can describe it is a typical Scandinavian style Eurovision song from 2009-2012-ish but with piratey tones. I think on stage it will look great, but it's definitely not all going on in the final 30 seconds as you and I were thinking.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

But i dont understand the beginning of hype around Rasmussen - Higher Ground. This song is good but not so great. I can easily find better songs on the already chosen acts for ESC 2018 (Czech Republic, France, Switzerland and Spain for example).
Anyway good luck Denmark. I hope you will choose Starlight or eventually Angels to My Battlefield, the 2 best songs IMO

Thats an entirely subjective opinion though, to me Starlight is total deadweight, Czechia is annoying and just all out awful, France is over Hyped beige that will be flop at esc, Switzerland is just bad all round and Spain is a totally forgettable sleeping pill that will go the same way as France and enjoy bottom 3. Higher Ground sounds a step above all those entries tbh. Make no mistake, I don't hype it by any means but I think it is the best song on offer in a Danish selection.

DirtyFalcon

Thats an entirely subjective opinion though, to me Starlight is total deadweight, Czechia is annoying and just all out awful, France is over Hyped beige that will be flop at esc, Switzerland is just bad all round and Spain is a totally forgettable sleeping pill that will go the same way as France and enjoy bottom 3. Higher Ground sounds a step above all those entries tbh. Make no mistake, I don't hype it by any means but I think it is the best song on offer in a Danish selection.

Well I respect your opinion (even if i think France will do Top 15, not bottom 3 and Czechia Top 15 also ^^). Some people says Higher Ground has something epic but it reminds Artsvik song from Armenia last year who had also something epic but she failed to do a good ranking (and it was a surprise because she had a very good position on the books and the polls). I know its not the same type of music. But i think the comparison is right and i hope for Denmark it will not have the same fate. Let's see the staging

DaFlo

Banned

ALERT Ashley joining Pot 9 offically confirmed. Rumours say he was seen listening to epic viking music on a boat with Daniels & Whiteshoes.

EscGeek

Veteran

judging by the snippets, that's a damn good selection for danish standards
I can't call it "dansk melodi generic prix" anymore :p

obvious winner, 10/10 perfection! xlove
Sannie "Boys on Girls" xbow

9/10
Albin Fredy "Music for the Road"
Ditte Marie "Riot"
KARUI "Signals"

Of course serving Kylie Minouge from 2000s realness (honey) :mrgreen: and Pia Mia's lyrics is something Denmark won't go for, but there's aslo three other songs i'd be happy with xshock1

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

ALERT Ashley joining Pot 9 offically confirmed. Rumours say he was seen listening to epic viking music on a boat with Daniels & Whiteshoes.

Ashley has always had a bit of WorldVision Pot 9 epic within him though..

I'm super curious now about this NF. Must make myself a cup of tea vodka before I listen to the songs and report backxheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Lord above those samples. "Signals" seemingly the most tolerable song there that should be the one trying to reel me in, isn't even working. "Boys On Girls" made me laugh. Sounds catchy but also with high irritation potential. I want to hear that one in full to make my mind up. The rest are "nope", at least for me. "Higher Ground" sounds so cheesy and cliche, and I just can't into that kind of overblown epic thing. "Riot" sounds big, but it's too generic. Same goes for "Angels On My Battlefield". My guess is that "Starlight" will win and could actually possibly do quite ok at the contest. It's extremely twee and kind of stands out there. "Higher Ground" seems the most Danish pick though as Denmark love their accessible anthemic pop rock numbers performed by men. Probably one of the two will take it.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Excellent another haaateee....rr....... [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] how very dare you trick me. Could possibly sue you. *goes to your channel to see if you have a "Boys on Girls" reaction video*

FoxOfShadows

"Higher Ground" sounds like it's been taken directly from a Disney Mulan sequel. Is sooooo cliché and cheesy. I do sort of like it but it's a guilty pleasure. I think Sandra is the best choice here although I'd like "Angels to my battlefield" a bit more if the chorus had more punch. Overall, it's a very Danish selection and I don't know whether they'll qualify in their bloodbath of a semi

DaFlo

Banned

All I see is boys on girls and girls on boys, girls on girls and boys on boys xsing

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

"Signals" sounds pretty enjoyable. "Boys On Girls" is sub-Jenna Maroney, so that's fun. "Holder Fast I Ingenting" could work with an artist with juuuust a smidge of personality. As for the others:

miJKJWc.gif

I think "Unfound" will win. When it came on, I could not believe what I was being asked to hear, so it would make a very apropos addition to the Danish Eurovision catalog.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Lord above those samples. "Signals" seemingly the most tolerable song there that should be the one trying to reel me in, isn't even working. "Boys On Girls" made me laugh. Sounds catchy but also with high irritation potential. I want to hear that one in full to make my mind up. The rest are "nope", at least for me. "Higher Ground" sounds so cheesy and cliche, and I just can't into that kind of overblown epic thing. "Riot" sounds big, but it's too generic. Same goes for "Angels On My Battlefield". My guess is that "Starlight" will win and could actually possibly do quite ok at the contest. It's extremely twee and kind of stands out there. "Higher Ground" seems the most Danish pick though as Denmark love their accessible anthemic pop rock numbers performed by men. Probably one of the two will take it.

I must be missing something here, because to me, Higher Ground is the only song that DOESN'T sound Danish. It sounds like a Viking war song. It would be a very risky pick for Denmark, but one that could pay off. I don't find it cheesy or cliche at all. I actually thought you would like it.

I would assume that Rasmussen, Carlsen or Sandra will win. But I'll be heartbroken if Rasmussen doesn't win, because this is my favourite song so far this year, along with Mercy, Esamiba and Qami.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

When people think Danish ESC songs, they don't think Viking. They think bland pop music with either a screechy woman or a boy band. For Denmark, a Viking war song is actually very different, so not sure why you are confused.

Top Bottom