Contact us

Dark horse for 2012

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was right about Albania being this years dark horse:p It's absolutely wonderful that Rona's bravery has been rewarded. And a dark horse she truly was. At the beginning it was pure hatred towards her by many. Her youtube videos with more dislikes than likes. The vast majority of people attacked the song. I feel soo, soo happy for Rona. Wished id placed a bet on Rona reaching top 5 as I always believed she would. Id be quite rich right now:mad:

Kryptonite

IMO, the biggest dark horse was Albania.

Estonia surprised as well, but not nearly as much as Albania. :p

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
So, the dark horses were Estonia and Albania, I guess? :D

Adeline

Moldava and Azerbaijan indeed. They did very bad in polls, but did excellent in the final.

And I was right about Albania, although I have to say I'd never expected a fifth place!

Mozz

I'm superproud and glad to see that my 2 dark horses have ended firmly in the top 10:

:ee: (at 6) and especially :al: (at 5). To use another word: I'm exuberant :p.

Nice to see Moldova and Azerbaijan doing so well too.

GRE

What's so special about it?

******** reasoning. "Exceptional artistic quality". The Hell kind of gauge for how good an Eurovision entry is is that?

I meant in general, not just in Eurovision. You claim it's "timeless" and not "dated".

The Hell. "Personal" = "Brave". Yeah, whatever.

More ********.

"Many" is a weasel word. How many? 100? 50? 25? 5? And who cares? For every 100 people who love it, there'll probably be thousands who don't.

Because she's so "brave", the song is so "personal" and there's such "exceptional artistic quality"? Do you even know what the lyrics say or are you just basing that on the way she sings?

It can never be a dark horse because the televoters will snub it entirely. A song has to have at least nominal support by both "camps" in order to do well. I'm thinking it won't even make the final. It's too "brave" for it.

Good morning FallenAngel..! :rolleyes:

ParadiseES

Albania and, especially, Moldova. Didn't see that coming at all. And still don't understand what people saw in that song :?

Top Bottom