Contact us

Dalisska - NSC 227 - Sarah Kinsley - Cypress

Romeo

I've been far too busy to comment today because I have spent most of the day creating the semi finals

I was sad you were taking 1 edition off... I am really sad you are withdrawing!!! You will be missed

sigi

Oh no...RLD and Dalisska :(:( thank you for all the great songs and moments!!

Lenalite

I am glad you're chasing after your dreams. I have always liked your nation, but the fact that you want to focus on your art is a lot more important and is very inspirational. Wishing you best of luck in your journey. x

Paper7

Another great nation leaving NSC, but i understand why and wish you all the best and that you reach your goals.

I dont know more to say, so i just was going trough my NSC history and choosed my Top10 out of Dalisska's entries:
  1. 138 REOL - ChiruChiru https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVaNq9uSJgY
  2. 141 Louis Cole - Weird Part of the Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgPZmSwC4M
  3. 140 Boogie Belgique – Volta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3z3WwZ8F4
  4. 118 Dunderpatrullen & FantomenK - To The Moon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMLHCMc91c
  5. 128 Alice Walker - Home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujea-4CPcDs
  6. 139 Knower – Butts Tits Money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKS1XSiyGYQ
  7. 123 Young Juvenile Youth - Animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREZtQU0ktk&t=112s
  8. 119 Ikra Saleem - Out of my mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u8Hp5iQqw0
  9. 136 Foxtails Brigade - We Are Not Ourselves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puZQ5bk1T7U
  10. _88 Julia Stone - It's All Okay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-luwfQOyPA

Thanks for this awesome entries and also for all the other great entries who didnt made it to this top ten. xrose

Karhu

I've decided to withdraw Dalisska from the contest.

I just don't feel like I'm getting as much out of NSC as I used to and participating has started to feel more like a commitment, which is not good. I also want to spend as much time as I can on other things and I don't feel organised enough as a person to do NSC alongside it.

I tried to apply for an animation course back in August, but I failed to get a spot and it's really made me consider what I'm doing with my life....and the truth is I haven't been heading in any direction for a while now. I want to work on my drawing so that when I apply again I'll have a much greater chance of getting in. Basically the reason I didn't get in (I asked them) was that I didn't have enough new artwork to show them and they got the impression I wouldn't be able to deal with the workload. So for the next few months I want to focus as much of my energy as possible into drawing and digital art.

I have so many great memories from participating in NSC over the years, but as I said I feel like lately it just hasn't been feeling as special or memorable.

I seriously considered entering the latest contest as one last hurrah, but looking at all my song potentials they all feel like I'd just be phoning it in just for the sake of entering. (and it makes more sense to me to let a nation on the waiting list join the contest instead)

</3

You were my first 12 on the NSC WL back in NSC 123 ("Animation") and have been one of the nations whose songs I always looked forward to ever since. Still listen to amazing pieces like "Lift" and "Volta" on a fairly regular basis well (I'm sure there are others too, but those are the first to come to mind). I wish you all the best on your journey and I hope you'll be back one day. xlove

...By the way, I stumbled upon a post by someone with your same username (I assume it's you) the other day when I was reading a Pokémon forum, that was a bit of a small world moment :lol:

Canuck

Sad to see such a great nation leave! &#55357;&#56874;

spiluke

This together with RLD's withdrawal, is definitely the most tragic day in NSC tbh.

Thanks for sharing such great music in the past years and good luck with your pursuit :)

Sabrewulf238

</3

You were my first 12 on the NSC WL back in NSC 123 ("Animation") and have been one of the nations whose songs I always looked forward to ever since. Still listen to amazing pieces like "Lift" and "Volta" on a fairly regular basis well (I'm sure there are others too, but those are the first to come to mind). I wish you all the best on your journey and I hope you'll be back one day. xlove

...By the way, I stumbled upon a post by someone with your same username (I assume it's you) the other day when I was reading a Pokémon forum, that was a bit of a small world moment :lol:

Yeah that's likely me, was it Pokecommunity?

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

Sabrewulf238

I've decided to withdraw Dalisska from the contest.

I just don't feel like I'm getting as much out of NSC as I used to and participating has started to feel more like a commitment, which is not good. I also want to spend as much time as I can on other things and I don't feel organised enough as a person to do NSC alongside it.

I tried to apply for an animation course back in August, but I failed to get a spot and it's really made me consider what I'm doing with my life....and the truth is I haven't been heading in any direction for a while now. I want to work on my drawing so that when I apply again I'll have a much greater chance of getting in. Basically the reason I didn't get in (I asked them) was that I didn't have enough new artwork to show them and they got the impression I wouldn't be able to deal with the workload. So for the next few months I want to focus as much of my energy as possible into drawing and digital art.

I have so many great memories from participating in NSC over the years, but as I said I feel like lately it just hasn't been feeling as special or memorable.

I seriously considered entering the latest contest as one last hurrah, but looking at all my song potentials they all feel like I'd just be phoning it in just for the sake of entering. (and it makes more sense to me to let a nation on the waiting list join the contest instead)

I feel like maybe I should post an update on this.

So the year afterwards (2018) I applied for the animation course again and I managed to get in the second time. My class was easily the best class I've ever had, everyone got on so well. (kind of makes it even more of a downer when covid came along because we were doing a good job at meeting up and staying in contact until that happened....) I think it's a testament to how close we were though that I think when things get better we'll definitely meet up again.

Since then I've also taken part in many game jams. (If you want to play the games, you can look here: https://globalgamejam.org/users/seanmatthews) No actual job in the industry yet but it does feel like it's getting closer. (I'm also thinking about freelance work atm) In general I feel a lot more in control of my life than I used to.

Currently I'm doing a second year (well it's kinda more like an interim course) with the college. I'm also in the process of working on an idea for my own web comic.

Some recent artwork I made:

fTVfWMo.jpg

On a last note, I'm going to overhaul Dalisska's flag in time for my return to the contest. This time around I can use illustrator instead of just cobbling something together in paint. :p

In general I feel more comfortable with participating in the contest now, back then I felt like I had too many things distracting me and I was starting to feel like I didn't have my priorities straight.

theditz83

Veteran
OMG, can we agree first that you'll change this thread title, since I almost had a heart-attack thinking you were withdrawing from the WL... I was all "you're so close, hang in there!!"

Nice artwork btw - looking forward to the day we can see something similar grace any NSC show xheat

Uto

Veteran
On a last note, I'm going to overhaul Dalisska's flag in time for my return to the contest. This time around I can use illustrator instead of just cobbling something together in paint. :p

Paint-together-cobblers unite! This specimen is shading us!

Jokes aside I don't know you, but it's good to hear from you. It's a bit grating to have these members sitting on the WL that we don't even know given the fact we're trying to make WLSC a bit more of a thing. Would be nice to see Dalisska sometime, might also be healthy for the social aspect of it if corona finds you in a lonely spot as it did with me.

And indeed I second the request by others to change the title of this thread, especially given that you're in front of me and I would have been secretly (or not so secretly rather) delighted were it true that I had gained another spot on the list.

Sabrewulf238

Paint-together-cobblers unite! This specimen is shading us!

Jokes aside I don't know you, but it's good to hear from you. It's a bit grating to have these members sitting on the WL that we don't even know given the fact we're trying to make WLSC a bit more of a thing. Would be nice to see Dalisska sometime, might also be healthy for the social aspect of it if corona finds you in a lonely spot as it did with me.

And indeed I second the request by others to change the title of this thread, especially given that you're in front of me and I would have been secretly (or not so secretly rather) delighted were it true that I had gained another spot on the list.

I have kind of mixed feelings about WLSC.

On one hand I want to save my favourite songs for NSC.....and at the same time it feels weird to participate in a contest if I'm not putting my best foot forward. So between those two ideas it feels a bit awkward.

Also, I forgot about the title! I changed it!

Edit: Also, I just looked at the WLSC confirmation thread, I didn't realize people on the main roster could still take part.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran

On one hand I want to save my favourite songs for NSC.....and at the same time it feels weird to participate in a contest if I'm not putting my best foot forward. So between those two ideas it feels a bit awkward.

The only foot worth anything to us is the one that makes the step.

theditz83

Veteran
I get the concerns around missing out on having your favourite songs on NSC stage, but honestly WLSC is such a beautiful little community with a great atmosphere in every contest, the LLs are fab whenever I'm able to attend them, and I probably feel more immersed and included in the WLSC community than the NSC community if I'm honest. Part of that might be down to my own personal relationships and efforts (or lack of) that I've put in to various aspects of the community itself, but I couldn't imagine this forum without WLSC and its perfect little funky sub-forum crew. xlove

Perhaps there are songs that might do better with the WLSC crowd than with the NSC crowd and you like them both equally - that's the golden nugget cos you can give them both a chance to shine with people that should appreciate them xup

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

On one hand I kinda want to save my favourite songs for NSC.....and at the same time it feels weird to participate in a contest if I'm not putting my best foot forward. So between those two ideas it feels a bit awkward.

Also, I forgot about the title! I changed it!
Then, maybe you need to spice things up a little :p You can keep your favorite songs for NSC and try to follow a theme for WLSC, such as a specific language, genre, country of origin of the artists etc. For example, I kept my most personal songs for NSC and decided to send only (non-English if possible) songs I was obsessed with at the moment in WLSC ;)

Sabrewulf238

Then, maybe you need to spice things up a little :p You can keep your favorite songs for NSC and try to follow a theme for WLSC, such as a specific language, genre, country of origin of the artists etc. For example, I kept my most personal songs for NSC and decided to send only (non-English if possible) songs I was obsessed with at the moment in WLSC ;)

That's not a bad idea to challenge myself and maybe try pushing myself out to try new things a bit more.

I'll go for a trawl through Reddit and see if I find anything new that I love. I actually don't usually discover new music that much unless I'm taking part in a song contest. (or figuring out what to send to them)

theditz83

Veteran
That's not a bad idea to challenge myself and maybe try pushing myself out to try new things a bit more.

I'll go for a trawl through Reddit and see if I find anything new that I love. I actually don't usually discover new music that much unless I'm taking part in a song contest. (or figuring out what to send to them)
Spotify Song Radios are a fab outlet too - dive deeper and deeper until you're seeing artists you've never heard of in your life before xup

Top Bottom