9 6.3%

10 6.9%

15 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Czech-Republic-scaled.jpg

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
When I first heard the guitar, I was excited he went the African zouk route...then I realized they just stacked that beat on top of the existing music, making it sound like there's two songs playing at the same time.

This feels like it was put together to please people that were never going to like Kemama regardless, except now he's alienated those that enjoyed the first version of the song. Downgraded to a 5.

giphy.gif

opinionsigotem

I feel like it's hard to judge this properly because the sound mixing is SO bad, they deserve like a day or whatever to fix it

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
source.gif

Sooo the older version spent a number of weeks as number 1 despite being a song I wasn't head over heels for. Love how in this average year Czech Republics decides to play another song over their pre-revamp version and send that in, pleasing literally no one. :'D downgrading my score x Now excuse me while I go relax to Cleopatra to try and forget whatever it is they did to this. xheart

nofuxCZ

Playing the original version and the revamped one back to back really highlights how bad the sound mixing/production is on the revamped version. They need to fix it, otherwise I think not even Ben's charisma and good staging can help us.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Fixing the soundmixing is very easy. The issue lies in the acoustics. I've linked a vid that may provide insight on the science behind sound:

The long and the tall of it is that the human ear is better at hearing sounds from certain tone ranges that it is from others, which is why we can hear an opera singer's voice over the orchestra during a live concert. In a normal soundmix, the vocals are put in a key our ears can hear better, while the music isn't. Our brains then select the vocals as the most important sound, giving them prominence when we listen.

For *some* reason, the soundmix of the Kemama revamp switched the vocals and musical score around in terms of their wave frequency, which causes the latter to overpower the former. This will not be an issue in Rotterdam though, where the soundmix is thoroughly practiced during rehearsals.

There's really no reason to panic. Kemama is quite safe, still.

HayashiM

Veteran
Fixing the soundmixing is very easy. The issue lies in the acoustics. I've linked a vid that may provide insight on the science behind sound:

The long and the tall of it is that the human ear is better at hearing sounds from certain tone ranges that it is from others, which is why we can hear an opera singer's voice over the orchestra during a live concert. In a normal soundmix, the vocals are put in a key our ears can hear better, while the music isn't. Our brains then select the vocals as the most important sound, giving them prominence when we listen.

For *some* reason, the soundmix of the Kemama revamp switched the vocals and musical score around in terms of their wave frequency, which causes the latter to overpower the former. This will not be an issue in Rotterdam though, where the soundmix is thoroughly practiced during rehearsals.

There's really no reason to panic. Kemama is quite safe, still.

At this point, I am no longer sure about Kemama being safe at all. But thank you for the link and your explanation! :)

Mrm

Veteran
Tell me whatever you want, but comments on YT were never like this on any revamp before..and rightfully so... :( xcry

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personal attacks are not acceptable anywhere on the forum.

hijirio

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
I feel so sorry for him, definitely wouldn't wanna be in his position. He sounds very desperate. Hope he settles the things till may.

Etanna

I'm kind of displeased with the delegation, actually. Ben talks about not knowing what options he actually has - that should be the delegation's responsibility to explain these things! And Jan Bors's tweets indicate he also thinks the delegation should be doing things differently. Not to mention that they made the artists submit the songs super early so that they would have enough time to prepare the artists for Eurovision but it seems that that didn't happen either.

On a more positive note, @BorisBubbles explanation has helped me understand the messy clash of sounds and it's easier to get into it now so I'm starting to like it better now.

By the way, did France last year submit the revamped version before the deadline or does it not matter when you do it?

HayashiM

Veteran
I'm kind of displeased with the delegation, actually. Ben talks about not knowing what options he actually has - that should be the delegation's responsibility to explain these things! And Jan Bors's tweets indicate he also thinks the delegation should be doing things differently. Not to mention that they made the artists submit the songs super early so that they would have enough time to prepare the artists for Eurovision but it seems that that didn't happen either.

On a more positive note, @BorisBubbles explanation has helped me understand the messy clash of sounds and it's easier to get into it now so I'm starting to like it better now.

By the way, did France last year submit the revamped version before the deadline or does it not matter when you do it?

I am not convinced the delegation is at fault, not without some additional information about what is going on behind the scenes.

To me Benny's post seems like he is only reacting now to the situation he didn't anticipate - and as hardworking as he is, he is also a Chiller, not striking me as someone who would be interested in knowing too many details too soon. If Benny doesn't know what options he has, it is probably because they didn't have enough time to disscuss the new situation yet, and it is also quite possible Benny didn't care all that much about the details so far. Remember, he doesn't know very well how Eurovision works and he himself said after his NF victory he "doesn't want to know too much so as to not get distracted and be able to concentrate on his performance" (I hope I quote that right, please correct me someone if I am not).

There are maybe some communication issues on the background, but really don't know enough to blame anyone right now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bless this exhausting hot mess of a revamp. What's with people ruining their songs like this? Kemama wasn't for me but it was absolutely fine as it was. That surfy guitar is actually so my thing, but it's like they've thrown everything and the kitchen sink on top of the original recording of the song, with nothing being thought through or even looked back at afterwards. I almost appreciate the coocoo of it all. I think this would have worked better had Benny gotten the people that touched this up to just make the song again from the very ground up for him, cause here they're painting over someone else's work with very different ideas. Them semi 2 spots for the final be opening up.

Alaska49

love his attitude so much. that post is basically a polite "once all of you uglies shut up i will actually look at this and see if something is wrong because right now you guys don't deserve shit", which is 100% truth. take it easy. no need for desperation (someone here said he looks desperate, which: lmao, quite the opposite). you do you on your own time, benny.

Loindici

Veteran
I guess there are parts that can be stronger with the guitar riffs, but they were not necessary enough to be put in all parts of the song. The old version feels more necessary for me.

ag89

Ok, so I gave this new version another try. My brain can handle guitar in first half of the song. Then the chours hit in second part: I cannot handle it anymore. I cannot believe somebody who actually works in music industry, listened to this and then decided to let it out. How is this possible? So, for now I have a problem with second part of the song.

The guitar overall sounds nice, but there is little connection between guitar and general atmosphere in the song. Just doesn't fit.

Top Bottom