5 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I'll contact CyBC and suggest them to assign it to this girl already:
In many ways Cyprus is copying Greece, why not copy them in assigning it to a young, fresh, talented female singer/songwriter like they did this year?

lilka

Anna Vissi to return, please. Duet with Despina Vandi.

8c3021584e07249a0af1babd5f7b5fd4017bd1bb.gifv

Yes, I'm delusional.
First sentence: HELL YEAH GOOD LORD PLEASE !!!
Second: uhm, no. :p

But a Vissi return, in Greek language, at least partially in Greek, is like the wildest music-related dream coming true to me.

lilka

I think Vissi is done with ESC. She will be 66 by the next year already. Let's focus on fresh artists.
That thing about her being done is true, she unfortunately said that already a couple of times. But about her being too old is sad. :( People can be 66 outside, but very young inside. And by next Eurovision she will be still 65 (3 months older than my mum), because she was born on 20th December. :p

lilka

Hihi, i forgot i was talking with an Anna diehard fan, so she would know about her better than me. :lol:
You know, "to the bone", as we say in Greek. :cool:
And that is thanks to Eurovision 2006. Can't wait to see her perform live in Athens this July (if the concert dates stay as they are).

But, if I can't have what I would love to have, I will surely be glad to see any interesting younger person. Maybe a man for a change?

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Would Metaxas do ESC in case RIK asked him to? @CypriotGirl
No idea, I guess we should ask him. :lol:
He's not "in the surface", I think he's based in London right now, but him trying to represent Cyprus in the past, and participating once as a songwriter means that it's possible we'll see him in ESC one day.

I hope they stop this formula of assigning to Panik Records to pick the artist, the composers and the entry, the slap in the face from this year's NQ might make them reconsider their way.

Nicholas123

ESC is not cheap so i guess small countries like Cyprus may need big record labels like PANIK that will cover part of the expenses. Just like us. We are stuck with a specific team cause there is a man who puts money on ESC and he decides who will go for Greece. xshrug

CypriotGirl

Veteran
ESC is not cheap so i guess small countries like Cyprus may need big record labels like PANIK that will cover part of the expenses. Just like us. We are stuck with a specific team cause there is a man who puts money on ESC and he decides who will go for Greece. xshrug
Exactly, but it could be done in a different way. Panik Records can still handle it but not in the same way like the did from Fuego onward. It's like they had 100% control and did what they wanted without taking in consideration anybody. They could come up with something different that Cypriot public will actually feel like they were somehow involved in the choosing procedure. Or include someone actually Cypriot this time, they have in their record company few of them like Charis Savva, Ivi Adamou, Nearchos, it doesn't have to be someone non-Cypriot again. They are the most powerful record company in Greece, they can get anyone to sign with them anytime, so even if someone isn't part of Panik Records and they want to send him in ESC, they could do this anytime. 🤷

lilka

Ok, finally something from her that deserves recognition. Weird videoclip, nice and different music, and funny lyrics too!

Brandt

I miss Cyprus' more genuine times with their golden entries from 2010, 2015. Ever since Fuego it is the same thing over and over again. Not saying they are bad, in fact I love El Diablo a lot. But maybe take a break from this same thing for now, Cyprus?

lilka

New song by Ivi Adamou, and it's exactly what she needed in 2017: modern, catchy and with not very ambitious, but Greek lyrics.

A-lister

Veteran
I wouldn't mind something like 2022 but with a singer who can actually sing/perform? xshrug A missed opportunity for Cyprus...

Top Bottom