5 4.1%

4 3.3%

5 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

akoz

I was unsure how to rate this song so I was waiting to hear all the songs. In that time this song slowly grows on me (reading last pages of this thread look like I'm the only one who feels that way about this song xshrug). I will give a :8: to the pool, very good production, looks like a safe qualifier, but most likely this song will be lost in the final because it's nothing new or special. Could donwgrade if there will be bad live vocals.

simori95

I was unsure how to rate this song so I was waiting to hear all the songs. In that time this song slowly grows on me (reading last pages of this thread look like I'm the only one who feels that way about this song xshrug). I will give a :8: to the pool, very good production, looks like a safe qualifier, but most likely this song will be lost in the final because it's nothing new or special. Could donwgrade if there will be bad live vocals.
You’re not alone, we‘re in this together (but hopefully he‘ll score better than UK 2016). He‘s still my number two and I hope his vocals will hold up on the night(s).

akoz

You’re not alone, we‘re in this together (but hopefully he‘ll score better than UK 2016). He‘s still my number two and I hope his vocals will hold up on the night(s).
I also think he will be good enough vocally, but you always have fears until that night. And about result - I don't think this is bottom 5 song by any means but right now I don't see how he could get top10 finish, there are just a lot of strong and original songs this year so most likely Cyprus will get result around 15 position.

ArmpitOfEurope

His vocals will be ok but I feel the song is doomed to be awkward because it has so much falsetto, trying to hit those notes in every other 2 sentences is gonna be annoying

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
The studio version serves a very radio-friendly song sung by a smooth male voice. It's generic though and the Ooooohhhh's are a big minus for me.

There is a lack of message and I fear for the live. I am not sure if his voice is really strong enough for the chorus, because I get sense of dumplings in his throat already from the studio version.

However, I think outside the Eurovision bubble, it can find enough televotes from the casual viewers at home, who like a handsome dude singing a pop ballad.

4 points from me.

crashworld

Veteran
Same as Moldova, have to downgrade this to a :4: because I realize I didn't bother about the song like the rest of the songs that I gave :4: and below. Even Andrew's face and body can't save this mediocrity for me.

Iker

Veteran
Can he stop posting those vocal flexes and instead give me those body or arm flexes? I would be more impressed that way. #thankyouverymuch

steve-harvey-im-just-saying.gif

Is he gay? I've read he is even though he acts so straight in the music video. I might have a chance!* 😍

*highly, purely theoritically

Stan34

He was on key last year and this song suits his voice more.. I'm more curious about the staging rather than the vocals

theditz83

Veteran
This is still my fave pop ballad of the year. Sucker for the big anthemic production and the melody when he sings about being left in the garden loops rent-free in my head most days. I reckon he'll qualify easily, but not expecting big things in the final.

lilka

Sorry, it sounds easily forgettable to me. Sounds like it's gonna qualify, but not gonna reach the top.
I hope he''l be able at least to deliver it live.

MooseShoes

To be honest that’s how I felt so I wanted to inflict that on others
Hmmm. Better than spending three minutes listening to this dirge of a song, though.

Still, it shows that you've got to sift through a lot of dross on Twitter to find gold like that conversation between Sudden Lights and Gustaph. That pops into my head at least once a day!

Top Bottom