Stin ankaliá mou, zíse álli mia méra
Stin ankaliá mou, páme mazí pio péra
Sta óneirá mou, valé fterá kai péta
You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

jatojo

Generic Mediterranean song? What does that even mean? There isn't a "Mediterranean" sounding that is shared by multiple Southern European nations. Or is that how you describe uptempo songs from the region?
It means: The composers take some traditional sounds and some traditional combinations of chords and add some traditional singing, and then they end up with a very traditional pop song typical of that region.

In the Northern part of Europe, the equivalent is called schlager.

It can sometimes be effective, but if the song is to stand out, it needs something more. I don't see that extra thing in this one. But as I've mentioned, the bookmakers seem to like it. Like they did with Greece last year, which was one of the most generic songs I've ever heard in Eurovision.

hijirio

Veteran
I just realized this is the S'Agapo singer xheart I had her in my Greek playlist.

I love how effortless, how natural this song is. It doesn't sound Eurovision at all, it sounds like any song produced for Panik Records without Eurovision in mind.
The melody in the chorus is infectious xlove AND GREEK LANGUAGE XHEAT XHEAT
I'm not wet over this entry, but I like it the way it is. I really needed such a laidback and effortless bop in Eurovision.
Thank you Cyprus for serving. :12: points

hzalfa

I can't stand the way they processed her voice, it makes most of the song sound like background noise to me. I don't mind the song per se though, so I hope she will sound good in the live performance without voice effects. :5: points for now.

stephanos13

I can't stand the way they processed her voice, it makes most of the song sound like background noise to me. I don't mind the song per se though, so I hope she will sound good in the live performance without voice effects. :5: points for now.

Out of all the recent Cyprus representatives she has the best voice by far.

I have no doubt her vocals will be great in Eurovision. I am really curious about the staging though.

ESCREGION

Love you :cy:. Great choice. So erotic, so dancable :10:

lilka

Yes! This is what I needed from Cyprus. Greek, the most beautiful language on this planet (after Polish ofc :cool:) and these Greek sounds... LOVE IT! My winner.

Gentleman

Do you think we can expect Kosovo at the ESC? They do send their athletes to Olympics do I wonder whether it is feasible here too.
Kosovo must be recognized by the EBU. After yes.

spinachpie

I do wish the beat was little harder and faster. It’s a very polite, unassuming mini bop that might get lost on the night.

Agree, it's really really lovely, but will easily get lost if they don't switch it up in the way you say. It would be very easy to do. I really like song, but I think people will just say 'nice', rather than 'wow', which it could easily be.

ArmpitOfEurope

The song just isnt strong enough.
And literally 10 people wrote this.. What did they do, writing an '' Ela '' each?
Ι am also a bit worried for Andromachi's experience, shes nice in the PANIK video clips but Ive never seen her performing live on a big stage before.

Mrlazzyjazzy

I think they have nothing to lose by sending this, they've tried three, extremely polished and well produced bops for their last three entries with only one performing well. They have nothing to lose by letting this girl do something more authentic for her. I don't think another Replay, Fuego, El Diablo etc would do any better.

BluCactus

I think I prefer it as it is rather than changing to a bit faster cause then it becomes something else. As it is now they can highlight the quiet moments with nice staging. And I hope they won't make her dance but if there is some form of dancing it has to be very thoughtful and very greek

spinachpie

Growing on me more and more . Hope we get a good staging and performance. I initially said it might get lost, but it feels like there isnt anything else like this in the comp.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

One of the best entries this year, it's boppy without being too in your face and with a very smooth vibe to it. It clearly takes elements from modern laika, but I can also hear some Romanian Pop in it. It is catchy and vibey, and with clear local elements, and I really hope this will do well (although again the juries worries me as per usual since they downvote anything local and I don't want to have a Greece 2018 scenario which, although still different to this one in the mood, is one of the closest examples in recent ESC seasons that I can compare this to).

Ladynoir

I love this song, it's just so sweet and soothing. Her voice is amazing and the ethnic sounds are always a hit for me. I'm kinda sad to see that people aren't liking this a lot, I really hope that she won't have a Oniro Mou kind of destiny.

Top Bottom