Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

empo21

Veteran
Hot taco, tamale, burrito and empanadas xheat

Seems like a vocal minority group trying to cause drama, but creating nothing but free promo for miss Tsangrinou.

crashworld

Veteran
Who knows they will just rewrite that part of the song which is deemed controversial just to appease the people? But then again, Cypriots themselves can't vote for the song anyway. Unless this protest picks up traction by some religious groups in some other country.

Yoozek

Damn I'm too dumb for this app. I'm trying to follow a group but when I click the "follow groups" button it redirects me to a screen when I can just create some groups.

Yoozek

Oh... I do have to click that small little button in bottom right corner. Thank God there was a user guide attached.

Ezio

Veteran

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
El Diablo” will be released on all digital platforms on Sunday February 28th. On Saturday February 27th at 6 pm CET the music video will premiere on Panik Record’s Official YouTube Channel.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
This is nothing. You should see the comments in social media. The most hilarious one was "How can the island of saints (the what? xrofl) be represented by a song that is called the devil"? :lol:

And few people posted this:
hqdefault.jpg

Which means "Lord Jesus have mercy on me" and it's the trademark of every Orthodox household. :lol:

There were reactions from some Cypriot artists too. Alexia Vassiliou (ESC 1981, 1987) expressed her frustration and said that CyBC should be ashamed for deciding by itself about the representation of our country and that they don't even consider any of our local artists, while we have tens or hundreds of new talents. Exactly what I've been saying since CyBC started to import artists and composers that have nothing to do with Cyprus. The frustration is real. No matter how good a song is, it doesn't feel like my country's representative. Even Fuego that got us our best ever result and I loved it as a song, I didn't feel that it was my country's entry. And deep inside, I wish these Cypriot Christians succeed and have this entry withdrawn, but for different reasons. xshrug

Loindici

Veteran
Hot taco, tamale, burrito and empanadas xheat

Seems like a vocal minority group trying to cause drama, but creating nothing but free promo for miss Tsangrinou.

Now that i noticed it YOUR PROFILE PICTURE! SO CURSED! xheat

Loindici

Veteran
This is nothing. You should see the comments in social media. The most hilarious one was "How can the island of saints (the what? xrofl) be represented by a song that is called the devil"? :lol:

And few people posted this:
hqdefault.jpg

Which means "Lord Jesus have mercy on me" and it's the trademark of every Orthodox household. :lol:

There were reactions from some Cypriot artists too. Alexia Vassiliou (ESC 1981, 1987) expressed her frustration and said that CyBC should be ashamed for deciding by itself about the representation of our country and that they don't even consider any of our local artists, while we have tens or hundreds of new talents. Exactly what I've been saying since CyBC started to import artists and composers that have nothing to do with Cyprus. The frustration is real. No matter how good a song is, it doesn't feel like my country's representative. Even Fuego that got us our best ever result and I loved it as a song, I didn't feel that it was my country's entry. And deep inside, I wish these Cypriot Christians succeed and have this entry withdrawn, but for different reasons. xshrug

Oh nooooo. Bless the Orthodox Cypriots, they need to hear the song AND get a meet and greet with Satan, 'cause he's cool. And this is the first time I've heard somebody called Cyprus the 'island of saints'.

You pointed out the problem I kind of have to agree upon: Cyprus has good amount of talents! If RIK is capable of importing artists, buying a foreign song, and hire Sacha Jean-Baptiste, it means they have enough funding to do way more economical options! What I'm seeing now is that they keep on repeating the Eleni formula and apply it every year, which won't help them long-term, to be honest, and as you mentioned Cypriots have commented on the matter. I lowkey wish we would have at least Cypriot performer(s) next year, eventhough there are no obligations for RIK to do so.

Ezio

Veteran
It does. But I don’t feel hate, I just feel sorry for those who fall for it.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although I quite like the song I do confess that after a couple of listens it gets...annoying?

You listen once and makes you want more. And then you listen 4 times in a row and you're like:

"
Hotter than siracha on our bodies
Ta-Taco tamale, yeah, that's my mood
"

giphy.gif

It just doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like a love-hate thing. You like it but you know it's bad for you.

I'm giving it a :7: but I'm pretty sure Elena will be top 3 at the grand final.

Top Bottom