5 5.5%

8 8.8%

9 9.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Cyprus-scaled.jpg

debemaks

I'm quite confused about this year expert panel votes... :unsure:do they know that 10 means excellent while 1 is the lower? They scored 4 out of 10 point more than the public average vote.... while they did the opposite with Latvia.... and just looking at the streaming of the two songs on Eurovision youtube channel it seems that the public vote is agreeing with what I say, luckly.... my taste for music is still safe... ;)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

tuorem

My review:

CYPRUS 2020 - Sandro - Running: "decent but ultimately impactless"

I hate to repeat myself so much, but this is my tenth review and I feel like I labelled many songs as "ok but not doing much" already. The Cypriot one is sadly one of them for me. First of all, I'm sending a compassionate thought to Sandro: poor boy had to sing a song he didn't feel, and although I wouldn't have been here for it either, the delegation should have let him go the Shawn Mendes guitar-driven ballad route, as it seemed to be his thing.

"Running" comes off as a disposable pop demo to me, giving me Imri's "Alive" vibes. It's strange because I appreciate that the structure is a bit chaotic to all appearances with the breaks, that there is a blend of electronic sounds and organic instruments. But at the same time, it's borderline cheap and as dull as dishwater. I don't frequent satanic places, but I imagine this is the stuff gay bars or clubs wouldn't mind playing during pre-dinner time. Of course, the lyrics aren't dealing with particle physics, but I won't pour water on a drowing man. Why did I think he sang "I don't feel like sucking" instead of "I don't feel like talking"? Now I can't unhear it. :cautious:

I'm not sure what Cyprus was trying to achieve with both Sandro and that song, honestly. As I said, I don't mean the package is bad per se, it's just "there", and that is the trend I deplore this edition.

Prediction-wise, it was a NQ, regardless of the presentation. This effort had no target audience, it didn't go far enough musically to be remembered imo. And Sandro wouldn't have been able to sell his thing like Imri did. Since they got rid of him, I'm unsure what the Cypriot team will do next. In all honesty, I have no expectations: their recent track record shows that they don't have a clear vision surrounding their participation, it's mainly about facile Swedish pop stuff, so... yawn. But who knows? Maybe they saw people didn't get hot this time around, so they may change tack? Wait and see.

ESC94

My review:

CYPRUS 2020 - Sandro - Running: "decent but ultimately impactless"

I hate to repeat myself so much, but this is my tenth review and I feel like I labelled many songs as "ok but not doing much" already. The Cypriot one is sadly one of them for me. First of all, I'm sending a compassionate thought to Sandro: poor boy had to sing a song he didn't feel, and although I wouldn't have been here for it either, the delegation should have let him go the Shawn Mendes guitar-driven ballad route, as it seemed to be his thing.

"Running" comes off as a disposable pop demo to me, giving me Imri's "Alive" vibes. It's strange because I appreciate that the structure is a bit chaotic to all appearances with the breaks, that there is a blend of electronic sounds and organic instruments. But at the same time, it's borderline cheap and as dull as dishwater. I don't frequent satanic places, but I imagine this is the stuff gay bars or clubs wouldn't mind playing during pre-dinner time. Of course, the lyrics aren't dealing with particle physics, but I won't pour water on a drowing man. Why did I think he sang "I don't feel like sucking" instead of "I don't feel like talking"? Now I can't unhear it. :cautious:

I'm not sure what Cyprus was trying to achieve with both Sandro and that song, honestly. As I said, I don't mean the package is bad per se, it's just "there", and that is the trend I deplore this edition.

Prediction-wise, it was a NQ, regardless of the presentation. This effort had no target audience, it didn't go far enough musically to be remembered imo. And Sandro wouldn't have been able to sell his thing like Imri did. Since they got rid of him, I'm unsure what the Cypriot team will do next. In all honesty, I have no expectations: their recent track record shows that they don't have a clear vision surrounding their participation, it's mainly about facile Swedish pop stuff, so... yawn. But who knows? Maybe they saw people didn't get hot this time around, so they may change tack? Wait and see.

You naughty boy!!;)

Thanks for making me laugh really hard right now, this is probably the only interesting part of the song. :ROFLMAO:

tuorem

You naughty boy!!;)

Thanks for making me laugh really hard right now, this is probably the only interesting part of the song. :ROFLMAO:

I know! My twisted mind really made me understand that. :LOL: I'm glad it entertained you for a hot second. We seem to be on the same page regarding the song otherwise. :p

ESC94

@tuorem

Well, I listened to this song only one time in March and gave :3:. Now I just listened to it again and to be honest this has gotten even worse for me, so I had to downgrade it to :1:.

I´m sorry but this song is just really flat, his voice is totally uninteresting and he really has the stage presence of a soggy slice of toast. (n)

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
@tuorem

Well, I listened to this song only one time in March and gave :3:. Now I just listened to it again and to be honest this has gotten even worse for me, so I had to downgrade it to :1:.

I´m sorry but this song is just really flat, his voice is totally uninteresting and he really has the stage presence of a soggy slice of toast. (n)

Don't offend a soggy slice of toast. xqueenbitch

Daizy

Here is the ranking of the entries at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam according to the number of streams on Spotify over the past week (March 26th to April 2nd).

Milos-BC

I usually like songs like these, but sadly, I never got into this one :( I can listen to it but it doesn't do much.

4 points.

Top Bottom