• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Cyprus-scaled.jpg

Romeo

This will either win or fail to make the final

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
O...k? What this actually reminds me of is a poundshop version of Markus Riva's Supernova entry from last year (which I liked). That's kind of bizarre because I thought Markus Riva was Poundshop Markus Riva. There are directions Cyprus could have gone that would've been a lot worse, and this reflects something of a best-case scenario, but I don't know if "good" is the word I'd pick.

A kind 6 points.

Ezio

Veteran
I really like that. He has mellow, silky voice that I want to bathe in, but more upbeat than Tom Leeb and Jon Lundvik (My turn).

I can see it qualifying but it unfortunately not higher than bottom 6 in the final.

Ezio

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran
I get that, it is background music for a lounge. But it is far from unpleasant or obnoxious. It is inconspicuous.

The song is just like there. It's inoffensive and Sandro (despite being a very attractive guy) doesn't seem to be a charismatic performer. This song really need to rely on the staging to elevate it. If not, I can see the chances of qualifying running away (pun intended).

Ezio

Veteran
He is handsome and obviously male with a contemporary song. Qualification records are quite decent in general for such entries, even if they are "inoffensive", unlike for female ballads or female uptempo songs.

Phoenix

As a big fan of commercial deep house music, I have to say this is frustrating to listen to. Throughout the whole thing I was like "it's gonna get there", but nope, it gave me blue balls. In terms of production, the song is literally 2 steps away from being good, but it just never gets there. :5: pts

hawadharma

Obviously Cyprus is joining with no mindset to win the contest.

OK Cyprus..

VikingTiger

Interesting choice Cyprus!

The very beginning of the song is quite interesting . Then it takes a bit too long to reach 1.00min where the beat kicks in. And I really love that part! And from there and for the last 2 minutes I am all aboard! I am quite sure this could have been a 12 for me with another singer. I am giving Running a 10 based on the studio version. I would like a stronger voice in the first place, a deeper stronger voice even in the studio version. And judging on what I have seen of Sandro live (his performance of Running, and his interval act in Romania) he seems to be a rather weak performer. He seems to lack a lot both the vocal skills AND in stage presence. I fear this might rumble down my top lists after the live performance in the semi.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
At least Eleni and Tamta are having their careers in Greece so that's different. Sandro is a totally unknown who is not living in Greece or Cyprus.
Totally agree with that. Although I didn't agree 100% with them representing Cyprus, I accepted it, because both are very famous in Cyprus. This Sandro guy that only his mother know who he is, and the media served him to us as "the singer we stole from Germany, because Germany wanted to send him but we managed to stole him from them" and they made us think that it's like our national team beat German one, and Angela Merkel will punish us for stealing their singer, only to get this mediocre song. I don't even understand what's the logic behind this. :lol:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like the diversity in the instrumentals.
-His vocals are good.

THE BAD:
-The whole song just feels uninspiring. It almost is typical, in a sense.
-It also seems like the staging will be somewhat similar to last year’s.

THE VERDICT:
While this isn’t a bad song, it’s not a great song, either. It’s certainly no “Fuego”. Speaking of, I think that if they’re going by the video of the song and what was done last year, the staging will have somewhat similar effects as that song did. In the meantime, this song does have a plateau, and unfortunately, it’s not at the top. I don’t think any staging plan will elevate it there. 7 points

ESC94

I´m sorry but this is really the most boring dance track I´ve heard in a veeery long time. xbored

I listened to this song three times in a row and the only thing that stuck in my mind was the way to often repeated word "running" in the chorus. A dance track is supposed to make you moving to the music and dance, but here I only waited for the end because it´s so uneventful.

I give this song :3:, simply because I can at least listen to it and since other countries have submitted worse songs.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Such a random song. Cheaper version of :es: Universo
And Universo already is cheap. But this a bit cheaper. 5 points from me.

Top Bottom