15 3.5%
  • 00 pts

51 11.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
2cwrlvl.jpg

Performed by: Ivi Adamou
Lyrics by: Alex Papaconstantinou, Bjorn Djupström, Alexandra Zakka & Viktor Svensson
Composed by: Alex Papaconstantinou, Bjorn Djupström, Alexandra Zakka & Viktor Svensson
Language: English

Love the way you fill me up with life
Baby we can break the speed of light
Nothing to fear
When you are near
Just give me more oh oh

Reaching for the sky im aiming high
Close my eyes and then its almost like we fly
Up in the air
Lets take it there
Never let go oh oh

Oh oh oh
Feel the energy
Bettwen you and me
Baby Its so right
Oh oh oh
I feel the energy
Just taking over me, over me
How I’ve been waiting for this
(lalalalalalalala)Love
How I’ ve been waiting for this
(lalalalalalalala)Love

Paris to LA over the night
All around the world just you and I
Nothing to fear
When you are near
Were on a roll oh oh
And We do it again
No stop no end
Out of control

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Re: CYPRUS 2012

The same NF - the Cypriot representative will be chosen on "Performance" show. Though there were rumours that the next season will be closed because of low ratings.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I haven't heard anything about Performance yet... And I don't think RIK will use it again!

I WANT:

IVI ADAMOU
(with an rnb ballad like "Sose Me" she'll be amazing)!

NIKKI PONTE

ELEFTHERIA ELEFTHERIOU

VALANDO TRYFONOS

NIKOLAS METAXAS

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Another choice is Ioanna Protopapa

She didn't do any success yet, she didn't release any song, and Eurovision could be a nice start for her career!
2 years ago it was suggested to RIK that George Theofanous (the most successful Cypriot composer right now, one of the best in Greece, and a judge of the Greek X Factor) write a song for her and send her to Eurovision, but RIK rejected that because whenever they chose a representative without NF (like in 2007 and in 2005) it failed.

nikolay_BG

Banned

I don`t have a single clue what singer and what song we`ll have from Cyprus next year, but one thing is sure, finally 12 points will go to Greece :lol:
(and that`s not a bad thing)

I like Ivi Adamou and I think she is a good choice for Eurovision ;)

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Ivi Adamou would be the BEST choice, and she said that she's not uninterested in doing so, BUT: I don't like to see her failing and put her career in danger!
She has potentials to make an international career, her CD single with Christmas songs went platinum in Portugal, so I'd like to see her becoming more famous in Europe before entering Eurovision! An advantage of entering her is that we'll get points from Bulgaria and other balkan countries, because she's half Bulgarian, and with a good promo she can score a lot of points there! And I think Western Europeans will love her as well!

P.S.: She was in the list of ERT for this year's potential artists to perform in the Greek NF but I think her company didn't accept it. And I'm happy about it, because I DO NOT WANT HER TO REPRESENT GREECE!

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I'll be glad if Cyprus do the same like Israel did in 2009 (a duet by two artists from the "fighting" nations).
They can sing in Greek, Turkish, and a part of it (the chorus for example) to be in English!
I think I'll send this recommendation to RIK, if I find a way to do so, and I'd love it if the one singer is Loucas Yiorkas, and the other Ziynet Sali!

But I can already see the message box in youtube full of "Cyprus is Greek! What do you want with a Turkish singer?" "Shame on us! Now we'll lose our national identity". And in reply, "Shame on her for represending 'Southern Cyprus'! **** you Greeks". :twisted:tw:isted:tw:isted:

Last edited:

goktengri

Banned

I'll be glad if Cyprus do the same like Israel did in 2009 (a duet by two artists from the "fighting" nations).
They can sing in Greek, Turkish, and a part of it (the chorus for example) to be in English!
I think I'll send this recommendation to RIK, if I find a way to do so, and I'd love it if the one singer is Loucas Yiorkas, and the other Ziynet Sali!

But I can already see the message box in youtube full of "Cyprus is Greek! What do you want with a Turkish singer?" "Shame on us! Now we'll lose our national identity". And in reply, "Shame on her for represending 'Southern Cyprus'! **** you Greeks". :twisted:tw:isted:tw:isted:

Oh dont mind them )) I like your idea :D It would be good if we saw a Turkish Cypriot singer from Cyprus, or a duet with a Turkish and a Greek singers, it may break the ice between two nations :)

Grinch

How awesome would it be! I love the idea!

There would be tons of negative reactions ofc but it would help to break the "some parts" of ices at least :mrgreen:

It's like my wish about us to send a Kurdish/English song :) (It seems impossible for a long time though. Which nation is more racist, Greeks or Turks?) There are Turks in Cyprus as well as Greeks. Belgium sent a song in a fake language a few years ago, why do we have to send songs only in our official languages?

nikolay_BG

Banned

Cyprus in greek and turkish will be awesome. I like the idea really much. I hope RIK will do something like that.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

How awesome would it be! I love the idea!

There would be tons of negative reactions ofc but it would help to break the "some parts" of ices at least :mrgreen:

It's like my wish about us to send a Kurdish/English song :) (It seems impossible for a long time though. Which nation is more racist, Greeks or Turks?) There are Turks in Cyprus as well as Greeks. Belgium sent a song in a fake language a few years ago, why do we have to send songs only in our official languages?

I think the majority of the people will love this. Even the political party which was normally against anything that has to do with Turkish people now tried to change the mentality of its followers and they promised to them that they'll try to bring peace between the two nations in Cyprus. That's why the extremists-nationalists left and created their own "party" named E.LA.M. But they did not manage to win even a single position in the Parliamentary Elections last Sunday! There are just a small group of people, but they can still create problems. The rest of the Cypriots make fun of them, because they are such idiots, they don't even know history!

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran

After all the problems that were caused by the explosion at the naval base, and the millions (even billions) of money that Cyprus will need to restore the damages and create another power plan, along with the grief because of the death of the 13 people (among them two twin brothers, 19 years old) the last thing Cypriots think about is Eurovision. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyprus withdraw next year...

Narmina

OMG! As I understand the half of Europe is going to withdraw next year...Ehhh, are all the problems left for 2012...What a destiny we have :(

lowyby

Don't worry Narmina ; Each year there are rumors for an exodus and there was never a big one. The biggest one from the last years being in 2010 and still 39 countries so yeah...
I was rather thinking about seeing 44 - 45 countries or so in Azerbaijan :D

Top Bottom