4 2.8%

6 4.3%

11 7.8%

18 12.8%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Cyprus deserved to be in the final!

But unfortunally Eurovision is no longer a contest celebrating all Europe, it's an Idol contest for dated American Disney ballads.

If you sing in native language and NOT a wailing ballad for 3 minutes.. you will not get any jury support.

ethn

Cyprus deserved to be in the final!

But unfortunally Eurovision is no longer a contest celebrating all Europe, it's an Idol contest for dated American Disney ballads.

If you sing in native language and NOT a wailing ballad for 3 minutes.. you will not get any jury support.

true!!!it feels as if barbie fairytopia should also compete......................enough.......

A-lister

Veteran
Well, the juries think that this is a talent show... No matter if a song is good or bad, if someone has a nice voice qualifies! So simple...

Unfortunally so, and god forbid singing in native language and especially with ethnic elements!

If it's not dated American Disney ballad (which has nothing to do with contemporary music or european culture) then the juries believe it's not "quality".

deese

The song and the show were nice. You deserved to be in the final. :(

iowacorn

I think the camera angles effed this up!!! It revealed the magic trick and it didn't show them in sync with the background images!

VedatiNet

Deserved to qualify. The performance was not bad.

ESCfan

Well...good song but...I think the back vocalists yeasterday didn't help the singer!Better luck next year!

doctormalisimo

This really should have qualified. I was never keen on this song until I saw it last night live. Disappointed for you Cypriots. Better luck next year :)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I still believe that if Cyprus was in the first semi-final, it would have passed without any problems! It would take points from Greece (of course), Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey, and maybe Serbia as well! In the second semi-final, there were not enough countries with similar sounds in their tradition to vote for it!

Scooby

I'm very sorry this beautiful song had to be in final :(
At the end, I send my votes for Cyprus last night!

Grinch

Since Anthony is Cypriot, I think Cyprus might give 12 pts to UK? Or maybe 10 pts?

LadyKiller

Banned
Fofo, I think you are right but I also believe that the cameras screw the entry big time. They completely failed to show how the dancers moved in synchronization with the backdrop, thus failing to transmit the mysticism and actually the whole concept to the viewers.

For example, do you remember this part in the rehearsal?

15d5fvc.jpg

This part looked amazing watching it together with the backdrop. Last night it was a disaster.

Last edited:

Tristran

Soooooo disappointed Cyprus didn't qualify for the final! :cry: I loved the song from the first time I heard it and the staging was simply amazing! I'm curious to see whether it was the jury voting or the televoting (or both?) that kept this out of the final.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Since Anthony is Cypriot, I think Cyprus might give 12 pts to UK? Or maybe 10 pts?

12 points? Not at all! Greece will get them! I'd bet even my life about it! Not only because it's Greece (that's the main reason) but also because Loucas is Cypriot as well, and he's more famous here than Anthony! And I'm sure he has bigger family! xrofl3 Maybe 10 points will go to the UK. Our jury will favor the UK for sure, because of Anthony! But I think that Azerbaijan has chances to get 8 or even 10 points from Cyprus!

That's how I think that Cyprus will vote:

12 Greece - as usual, + Loucas is Cypriot
10 UK - Anthony is Cypriot, + the British diaspora
08 Azerbaijan
07 Romania
06 Moldova - Cypriots usually like joke entries!
05 Ukraine
04 Slovenia
03 Sweden
02 Estonia
01 Switzerland

Last edited:

Petra

should have been in the final..
one of the top songs in this eurovision contest, you totally get the feeling from this song even if you are blindly unaware of the language.
maybe the results would be different if Cyprus participated in the first semi final :/
such a pity.

Cjs45

Looked amazing in the rehearsal clips. However the mysteriousness and power didn't transfer across on screen very well, nor did Christos and his backings sound great either. I agree, the camerawork wasn't so good, they needed to show the background and the shots of the leaning they were doing, and also maybe more smoke on stage? So it completely covered the wooden boards their boots were strapped to so you couldn't see them, the whole idea was given away on the night...

Still the best Cypriot entry in many years in my opinion, one of the best ever actually. I hope Cyprus comes back with more strong entries like this one.

Top Bottom