Contact us

Current Member Roster & How to join the Waiting List

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
nscroster.png

01 ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
02 ::aim Aimūlli (NSC 129 - current)
03 ::aka Akatsuki (NSC 219 - current)
04 ::bal Balearica Island (NSC 42 - current)
05 ::beg Begonia (NSC 5 - NSC 48, NSC 122 - current)
06 ::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
07 ::bif Biflovatia (NSC 108 - current)
08 ::cal Calypso (NSC 7 - current)
09 ::che Cherniya (NSC 92 - current)
10 ::com Comino (NSC 7 - NSC 17, NSC 27 - current)
11 ::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia (NSC 20 - current)
12 ::dal Dalisska (NSC 24 - NSC 90, NSC 118 - NSC 151, NSC 201 - current)
13 ::dos Denmark of Spears (NSC 90 - NSC 218, NSC 221 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::doi Doire (NSC 74 - current)
15 ::eff Effiland (NSC 8 - NSC 53, NSC 206 - current)
16 ::elv Elvaci (NSC 102 - NSC 217, NSC 223 - current)
17 ::end Endórë (NSC 209 - current)
18 ::fer Fervorosia (NSC 21 - current)
19 ::fie Fierraria (NSC 218 - current)
20 ::grf Griffin Empire (NSC 204 - current)
21 ::hal Halito (NSC 10 - current)
22 ::ill Illumia (NSC 83 - NSC 130, NSC 153 - NSC 156, NSC 219 - current)
23 ::ins Insomnéa (NSC 96 - current)
24 ::kam Kamandé (NSC 57 - NSC 74, NSC 124 - current)
25 ::kon Konthena (NSC 218 - current)
26 ::slf Kordavian Islands (NSC 109 - current)
27 ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
28 ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
29 ::nac New Acadia (NSC 52 - NSC 154, NSC 211 - current)
30 ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
31 ::oos Öösingimäed (NSC 51 - NSC 120, NSC 209 - current)
32 ::ora Orangualia (NSC 56 - current)
33 ::ous Oussou Empire (NSC 101 - NSC 128, NSC 172 - current)
34 ::pap Papendink (NSC 83 - NSC 176, NSC 224 - current)
35 ::pen Pen Island (NSC 219 - current)
36 ::per Perryfornia (NSC 65 - current)
37 ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
38 ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
39 ::rld Reym-L-Dneurb (NSC 1 - NSC 52, NSC 65 - NSC 152, NSC 206 - current)
40 ::ros Roseland (NSC 56 - current)
41 ::rum Rumia (NSC 55 - current)
42 ::sak Sakuralia (NSC 122 - current)
43 ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
44 ::sla Södermalm (NSC 216 - current)
45 ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
46 ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
47 ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current)
48 ::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current) has to confirm NSC 226
::tch Tcher-Racoi (NSC 203 - current)
50 ::taa Tír an Abhainn (NSC 16 - current)
51 ::tro Trollheimr (NSC 105 - current)
52 ::tyb Tybalteva (NSC 191 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::ugl Ugaly (NSC 4 - current)
54 ::vyl Vylkuzeme (NSC 109 - current)
55 ::wsn Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici (NSC 51 - NSC 168, NSC 222 - current)
56 ::xhu Xhuxhmaxhuxh (NSC 39 - NSC 62, NSC 119 - NSC 153, NSC 219 - current)
57 ::xoc Xochimilia (NSC 219 - current)
58 ::yap Yaponesia (NSC 6 - current)
59 ::yyy Yeto-Ya-Yeto (NSC 55 - current)
60 ::zom Zombira (NSC 10 - NSC 170, NSC 219 - current)

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Text version of the roster for copy/paste purposes

Clicking on a flag icon will redirect you to the respective country's official thread.
Nations that miss 2 editions in a row will be removed and replaced with the nation at the top of the Waiting List (see below).

RESOURCES

FLAGS || POTS || MAP || WIKI || DATABASE

nscwaitinglist.png

01. Scania (Grand Duchy of Strenci) NSC 226?
02. soundofsilence (Afnia) WLSC 266 NSC 226?
03. Judas (Necluda) NSC 226?
04. Marcos C (Marcobia)
05. MiraShadowMan (Rehi Kaita)
06. Gera11 (Federal Republic of Meridia) WLSC 266, 267, 268
07. Sultana (Bála Kunmenai)
08. pending... (Aclaira) failed to vote NSC 225

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Nations or members in cyan have entered NSC at least once before.

Waiting list (WL) rules:

• Voting in each final of NSC as part of the waiting list jury is compulsory.
  • Any waiting list nations who fail to vote will be moved 2 places down on the list.
  • Nations who fail to vote 2 finals in a row will be removed from the list.
  • Under certain circumstances waiting list nations can take a break from voting in the finals if a solid reason is given. During that period of time the position of the nation on the waiting list remains frozen and it can move neither up nor down.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX' beside them will debut/return in the next contest.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX?' beside them can send a reserve entry to the next contest.

nscjoin.png

First of all, welcome to NSC! If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to post them in this thread or ask one of the mods: @Stargazer, @berlyda or @Veronika.

In order to get familiar with the contest, please take a look at the RULES!

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list (see above).

Please note that you are probably going to be waiting for a long time as there is a strong demand for spots on the roster. In the meantime, you may enter the Waiting List contest, vote in the semi-finals of NSC and take part in the various spin-off contests if you wish to. Don't forget that voting in the finals is compulsory.

And most importantly: Have fun! :mrgreen:

Lenalite

Sorry but it's not the same. I invited Xanadu to join Prasia but I never had intentions to leave the nation to Mackan. That would be really unfair to the others. After having a Serbia & Montenegro period, Xanadu left and I kept the rights of Prasia and UEOHPAX forever. In this case, the real owner wants to have the spot alone since Territius claims that he leaves the nation to him. I find it pretty unfair to the WL.

Hold awn, I had no clue that Territrius was going to leave. That changes everything.

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but I am a blunt person and I am going to say it: it almost reeks of "Hey Alex, I don't want to take part right now but I want to return someday when it's convenient for me and I don't want to have to rejoin the WL so can you come back". No player should feel entitled to reserve a place for themselves.

Last edited:

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Just putting my 2 cents in x

2Z.gif

I didn't sit and wait on the WL for 2 whole years (well, 9 in total 🤡) for someone to then waltz in and skip the queue. Regardless of how old their nation is or how many editions they've taken part in before it's just not fair on those who have waited patiently and voted dedicatedly. I bet everyone who is supporting allowing Alex straight back in would kick off if I suddenly decided to sell off Deltannor to one of my friends and invited them straight in 😅 If it's happened in the past because of a loophole, then we shouldn't allow it to happen again, we should close the loophole.

I reckon players who want to co-jury should have to join the WL like everyone else, and would be able to join their co-jury at the same time that the player above them on the list joins the main roster.

Last edited:

Luke

Hi everyone! I just wanted to apologize for some of this, I didn't mean any harm by letting Alex take Aimulli back when he approached me..

I love this contest and didn't necessarily want to leave it, but I found myself really busy and kind of in a rut when it came to contests in general (I left some on escforum too). Then Alex out of nowhere asked if he could come back to Aimulli. Now, in my mind I was always filling in for him, Aimulli never felt truly mine, though I did really do my own thing with it. So it wasn't hard for me to say to Alex that of course he could have it back, since it was his in the first place.

I'll be honest, at that point, the WL hadn't even crossed my mind, and I'm sorry about that, I know it's very long at the moment.

I would love to continue playing for Aimulli, so I would be delighted if Alex and I could work together for instance. But it feels weird for me to see Alex not being allowed in what is in my mind really still his own country. But I will accept any decision that is made about this.

Haven't really read through the last two pages of this thread, but this omission eXhibits intent for Territrius to leave as soon as Alex is back. This is clearly against the spirit of the competition.

Uto

Veteran
Go get some fresh air or something.
I am asking you to explain what the problem is with my post according to you. This should not be such a difficult concept and as such it should not provoke these sorts of comments.

tuorem

As far as I'm concerned, the instant reintegration of past members through joint participation should be prohibited: yes there is nothing in the rules to prevent such things from happening as of now, but it coming across as irreverent to WListers should be enough to settle this issue. It is like putting a few items on the checkout conveyor belt and then continue shopping while others queue up behind your cart. I think it's a matter of decency more than anything else here.

The waiting time in the WL is already long enough to allow free passes, regardless of the story around the nation being discussed.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but I am a blunt person and I am going to say it: it almost reeks of "Hey Alex, I don't want to take part right now but I want to return someday when it's convenient for me and I don't want to have to rejoin the WL so can you come back". No player should feel entitled to reserve a place for themselves.
Yes, exactly. Alex reserved a place for himself all those years ago when he left Territrius (Nicolas) in charge and now he is coming back to claim the place he reserved because it isn't convenient for him to join the WL.

EDIT: Now that I re-read what you wrote, I see you are accusing Nicolas of intending to do the same thing. Not really sure if that is the case, but of course that would be just as bad if true.

Lenalite

Yes, exactly. Alex reserved a place for himself all those years ago when he left Territrius (Nicolas) in charge and now he is coming back to claim the place he reserved because it isn't convenient for him to join the WL.

EDIT: Now that I re-read what you wrote, I see you are accusing Nicolas of intending to do the same thing. Not really sure if that is the case, but of course that would be just as bad if true.
Your reading sounds equally concerning.

Again, I don't want to be disrespectful and I guess it makes no sense to discuss this right now but I never understood why Aimulli was allowed to be taken over by another user to begin with. It was really confusing to me as their entries/taste/votes changed drastically. I don't remember the exact situation but -in my head- it makes more sense to end nations once their original owner is gone.

But yeah, then this whole situation would've been avoided, with Alex having to re-join the WL like so many other returnees who have had to go through the same process.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Your reading sounds equally concerning.

Again, I don't want to be disrespectful and I guess it makes no sense to discuss this right now but I never understood why Aimulli was allowed to be taken over by another user to begin with. It was really confusing to me as their taste/votes changed drastically. I don't remember the exact situation but -in my head- it makes more sense to end nations once their original owner is gone.

But yeah, then this whole situation would've been avoided, with Alex having to re-join the WL like so many other returnees who have had to go through the same process.

Yes, it should not have happened in the first place. We can avoid all of this mess by having one simple rule:

If you want to join NSC, then you have to go through the WL.
-This applies even if you are joining as a co-juror of an existing nation.
-This also applies if you have left the contest and are re-joining, even if your old nation still exists under someone else's control.

I think how co-jurors decide to handle the fate of the nation when one of them leaves should be up to them. So long as they follow this rule, I'm fine with the nation continuing to exist, if that's what they want.

MiraWarninyi

It doesn't make sense though waiting a year (or more) just to be co-jury of some existing country

MiraWarninyi

And what if they don't want a country by their own but wants to join? It's not a big deal and like, the person will make up 50% of final votes.

Charly

welp if thats the case 1 can skip the queue, I might aswell swap my place with someone in WL and jump right back at the bottom of the WL list

Lonter

Hold awn, I had no clue that Territrius was going to leave. That changes everything.

That's a valid perception, but from what I've gathered after talking with Nicolas about this, this is not the case.

Despite the amount of time Territrius has mained Aimulli, Territrius feels like since he wasn't the founder that Alex was the real owner of the nation. Since Alex showed interested in coming back and Territrius wasn't interested in having a Kordavian Islands scenario (which would be a neat solution), he just left the nation to what he perceived to be the owner. There is no double play involved in that regard, though I understand why you would think there would be one, but no, Nicolas idea was never to take a break while Alex played.

As for why he didn't join the WL, well, it's long and that's a commitment, so I don't think that needs explaining. Which brings us back to how understandably WL members aren't very happy with these swaps that have been happening now for quite some time.

I'm not saying that this isn't an issue because obviously it is, but eh yeah, just wanted to make clear that this is not the scenario of entitlement that you discussed (but I can see why someone would think that).

Territrius

I wasn't going to leave at all. If people want, and if Alex agrees, I can post my Discord conversation with him. We hadn't talked for a while and out of the blue he told me he was interested in coming back to Aimulli. As I was just on a one edition break at that moment anyway I told him that since it's really his country, he can have it back. I wasn't planning on leaving at all. I get why there are misunderstandings, but I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, I'm glad we cleared that up. It still doesn't change the fact that Alex essentially skipped the waiting list by having you reserve his spot on the roster until he felt like returning.

Territrius

Okay, I'm glad we cleared that up. It still doesn't change the fact that Alex essentially skipped the waiting list by having you reserve his spot on the roster until he felt like returning.
That's true, and I completely understand your point of view. I just wanted to explain in my first post why I decided to accept him taking it back. I really didn't mean any harm by it, and honestly, I also had no idea how long, both in numbers and in time, the WL is at the moment. But it doesn't change that, even though I've been in NSC for so long now and hosted twice, it always felt like I was just filling in for Alex.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
That's true, and I completely understand your point of view. I just wanted to explain in my first post why I decided to accept him taking it back. I really didn't mean any harm by it, and honestly, I also had no idea how long, both in numbers and in time, the WL is at the moment. But it doesn't change that, even though I've been in NSC for so long now and hosted twice, it always felt like I was just filling in for Alex.

Perhaps a good compromise would be for Alex to join the WL as Aimulli and for you to continue on the main roster under a different nation name.

Top Bottom