Contact us

Current Member Roster & How to join the Waiting List

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
nscroster.png

01 ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
02 ::aim Aimūlli (NSC 129 - current)
03 ::aka Akatsuki (NSC 219 - current)
04 ::bal Balearica Island (NSC 42 - current)
05 ::beg Begonia (NSC 5 - NSC 48, NSC 122 - current) has to confirm NSC 227 ◆
::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
07 ::bif Biflovatia (NSC 108 - current)
08 ::cal Calypso (NSC 7 - current) has to confirm NSC 227 ◆
::che Cherniya (NSC 92 - current)
10 ::com Comino (NSC 7 - NSC 17, NSC 27 - current)
11 ::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia (NSC 20 - current)
12 ::dal Dalisska (NSC 24 - NSC 90, NSC 118 - NSC 151, NSC 201 - current)
13 ::dos Denmark of Spears (NSC 90 - NSC 218, NSC 221 - current)
14 ::doi Doire (NSC 74 - current)
15 ::eff Effiland (NSC 8 - NSC 53, NSC 206 - current)
16 ::elv Elvaci (NSC 102 - NSC 217, NSC 223 - current) has to confirm NSC 227 ◆
::end Endórë (NSC 209 - current)
18 ::fer Fervorosia (NSC 21 - current)
19 ::fie Fierraria (NSC 218 - current)
20 ::gds Grand Duchy of Strenci (NSC 226 - current)
20 ::grf Griffin Empire (NSC 204 - current)
21 ::hal Halito (NSC 10 - current)
22 ::ill Illumia (NSC 83 - NSC 130, NSC 153 - NSC 156, NSC 219 - current)
23 ::ins Insomnéa (NSC 96 - current)
24 ::kam Kamandé (NSC 57 - NSC 74, NSC 124 - current)
25 ::kon Konthena (NSC 218 - current)
26 ::slf Kordavian Islands (NSC 109 - current)
27 ::mrc Marcobia (NSC 227 - current)
27 ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
28 ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
29 ::nec Necluda (NSC 227 - current)
29 ::nac New Acadia (NSC 52 - NSC 154, NSC 211 - current)
30 ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
31 ::oos Öösingimäed (NSC 51 - NSC 120, NSC 209 - current)
32 ::ora Orangualia (NSC 56 - current)
34 ::pap Papendink (NSC 83 - NSC 176, NSC 224 - current)
36 ::per Perryfornia (NSC 65 - current)
37 ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
38 ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
39 ::rld Reym-L-Dneurb (NSC 1 - NSC 52, NSC 65 - NSC 152, NSC 206 - current)
40 ::ros Roseland (NSC 56 - current)
41 ::rum Rumia (NSC 55 - current)
42 ::sak Sakuralia (NSC 122 - current)
43 ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
44 ::sla Södermalm (NSC 216 - current)
45 ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
46 ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
47 ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current) has to confirm NSC 227 ◆
::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current)
49 ::tch Tcher-Racoi (NSC 203 - current)
50 ::taa Tír an Abhainn (NSC 16 - current) has to confirm NSC 227 ◆
::tro Trollheimr (NSC 105 - current)
53 ::ugl Ugaly (NSC 4 - current)
54 ::vyl Vylkuzeme (NSC 109 - current)
55 ::wsn Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici (NSC 51 - NSC 168, NSC 222 - current)
56 ::xhu Xhuxhmaxhuxh (NSC 39 - NSC 62, NSC 119 - NSC 153, NSC 219 - current)
57 ::xoc Xochimilia (NSC 219 - current)
58 ::yap Yaponesia (NSC 6 - current)
59 ::yyy Yeto-Ya-Yeto (NSC 55 - current)
60 ::zom Zombira (NSC 10 - NSC 170, NSC 219 - current)

Last update: March 29th, 2024

Text version of the roster for copy/paste purposes

Clicking on a flag icon will redirect you to the respective country's official thread.
Nations that miss 2 editions in a row will be removed and replaced with the nation at the top of the Waiting List (see below).

RESOURCES

FLAGS || POTS || MAP || WIKI || DATABASE

nscwaitinglist.png

01. soundofsilence (Afnia) WLSC 269 NSC 227? failed to vote NSC 226
02. MiraShadowMan (Rehi Kaita) NSC 227?
03. Gera11 (Federal Republic of Meridia) NSC 227? WLSC 267, 268, 269
04. Sultana (Bála Kunmenai) NSC 227? WLSC 268, 269
05. hjarnskakning (Qomos) NSC 227?
06. Destroyer (United Kingdom of Destrion)
07. marduk (Vermilion)

Last update: March 29th, 2024

Nations or members in cyan have entered NSC at least once before.

Waiting list (WL) rules:

• Voting in each final of NSC as part of the waiting list jury is compulsory.
  • Any waiting list nations who fail to vote will be moved 2 places down on the list.
  • Nations who fail to vote 2 finals in a row will be removed from the list.
  • Under certain circumstances waiting list nations can take a break from voting in the finals if a solid reason is given. During that period of time the position of the nation on the waiting list remains frozen and it can move neither up nor down.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX' beside them will debut/return in the next contest.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX?' beside them can send a reserve entry to the next contest.

nscjoin.png

First of all, welcome to NSC! If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to post them in this thread or ask one of the mods: @Stargazer, @berlyda or @Veronika.

In order to get familiar with the contest, please take a look at the RULES!

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list (see above).

Please note that you are probably going to be waiting for a long time as there is a strong demand for spots on the roster. In the meantime, you may enter the Waiting List contest, vote in the semi-finals of NSC and take part in the various spin-off contests if you wish to. Don't forget that voting in the finals is compulsory.

And most importantly: Have fun! :mrgreen:

Brandt

The Aimulli Tactical Leapfrog NSC Injection Scheme is an abject construction and should be banned immediately. No 'yeah but Alex so sad blah blah and is precedent', fuck that. Maybe in the past it made sense, I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't right now. I've been sitting at the WL for over a year and it is the same for others. Now, many of my fellow WL members used to be respected NSC members in the past as well. Such statuses don't matter, we all suffer the same shitty fate. Leapfrogging is simply immoral and should not happen, regardless of precedents, vague rules and other feebleminded excuses.

Now, given the post made by this dude it gets even worse. Goes all legalistic, even calls something a logical fallacy that has literally 0 bearing on anything, even went so far as to make some text larger for added emphasis. Meanwhile story can be summarized by analogy:

I do not intend to steal. That it happens to be that I will leave the shop with products I did not pay for is a fact, but in the past this was called shoplifting and it wasn't against the rules. I repeat, I do not intend to steal.

Cool story, still stealing. As such, the whole idea that this should be allowed now because of whatever reasons is a mockery. Why make the same mistake twice and screw the WL over once more?
I probably wouldn't use exact wording, but I pretty much agree with that sentiment. Some things only require some common sense without having rules to exactly state in a very specific way. And I think we already do have a vauge rule referring to situations like this one;

3. These rules are not law. Exceptional circumstances may occur and every scenario is handled in a case-to-case basis.

Kimrt

Just putting my 2 cents in x

2Z.gif

I didn't sit and wait on the WL for 2 whole years (well, 9 in total 🤡) for someone to then waltz in and skip the queue. Regardless of how old their nation is or how many editions they've taken part in before it's just not fair on those who have waited patiently and voted dedicatedly. I bet everyone who is supporting allowing Alex straight back in would kick off if I suddenly decided to sell off Deltannor to one of my friends and invited them straight in 😅If it's happened in the past because of a loophole, then we shouldn't allow it to happen again, we should close the loophole.

I reckon players who want to co-jury should have to join the WL like everyone else, and would be able to join their co-jury at the same time that the player above them on the list joins the main roster.
I assume you and others wouldn't mind if Alex was your friend or a pop friendly country i guess.

Lonter

It's a counter-productive argument, too. It's basically implying that some people don't mind this because they either have Alex as a friend or would prefer Alex's taste to Nicolas, and WOULD care if they weren't Alex friend / didn't prefer his taste.

theditz83

Veteran
I assume you and others wouldn't mind if Alex was your friend or a pop friendly country i guess.
All this statement does is draw attention to the fact that you clearly mind because Alex is your friend.

Let's focus on the issue at hand and leave personal friendships at the door - it's in everyone's best interests to approach this objectively and without bias which I believe is what everyone here is trying to achieve.

pyryniemi

I definitely dislike the idea of "reserving" a spot like this with someone else taking over your nation for a while and I think it should somehow be regulated, but it seems unjust to stop Alex from rejoining when no rule against this exists - and when he was the original owner of the nation.

And where do we draw the line? is it ok if Nicolas asks Alex to be a co-juror for 1 edi and then leaves? would that be allowed?

(also lach at this convo about Alex being less likely to vote for pop than Nicolas)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Alex might've been the original owner of the nation once, but would you look at the calendar, a lot of time has passed. If this was a short interval, say three or four months, you could argue it was an extraordinary situation and the member was in genuine impossibility to participate for a while. But three years? I literally left the contest, rejoined the waiting list and rejoined the main roster in that time. It's a lot of time.

Finding myself in the impossibility to participate in the past, I left the contest making space for another person to participate instead, someone who probably waited for months on end for such an opportunity. When I returned, I went through the same process as any participant would go through aka spending roughly one year in the Waiting List before (re)joining the main roster. Just the thought of basically taking a shortcut and skipping the line feels very selfish to me.

But to each their own, if Alex and Nicholas think this is a fair and ok thing to do and, if there will be a poll, the majority is fine and dandy with such shady deals, then so be it. Either way, we need a clear rule about this in the future.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
As Connor points out, when you find a loophole you close it, you don't keep it open and allow it to be exploited because it happened before. Who it affects doesn't matter in this, its the principle of it. It may feel unfair to them, which I can totally understand but then it's also unfair to everyone who follows the the correct channels in order to join NSC.

Perhaps a good compromise would be for Alex to join the WL as Aimulli and for you to continue on the main roster under a different nation name.

This honestly seems like the most appropiate solution/compromise imo, This way Nicolas can make a country that he can rightly say is his and Alex wont lose Aimulli.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I don’t even know who Alex is or what his taste is like, for all I know he could be a pop-friendly player xshrug meanwhile there are others on the WL that aren’t my friends and that I definitely don’t have similarity with that I’d rather see in the contest before he is out of fairness.

Jho

As Connor points out, when you find a loophole you close it, you don't keep it open and allow it to be exploited because it happened before. Who it affects doesn't matter in this, its the principle of it. It may feel unfair to them, which I can totally understand but then it's also unfair to everyone who follows the the correct channels in order to join NSC.

This honestly seems like the most appropiate solution/compromise imo, This way Nicolas can make a country that he can rightly say is his and Alex wont lose Aimulli.
Why wasn't it closed before though if it bothers so many people? It's very convenient that it will probably be closed now because the situation happened again

theditz83

Veteran
Why wasn't it closed before though if it bothers so many people? It's very convenient that it will probably be closed now because the situation happened again
The honest answer is probably because the issue has been made public in the forum now, so obviously everyone is blatantly aware of it. xshrug

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well considering I wasn't around NSC at all when Nicolas joined Aimulli I couldn't possibly say. I guess it's because people are noticing it for the first time and it's been brought to their attention. It's really not that deep.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I don't know when it last happened, but these are the members who started being part of the host (whether for the first time or not) in the past 50 editions:

1. ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
  2. ::ari Arirang (NSC 169 - current)
  3. ::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
  4. ::big Bigicia (NSC 92 - NSC 122, NSC 156 - current)
  5. ::kad Kadis (NSC 157 - current)
  6. ::kim Kimmystan (NSC 154 - current)
  7. ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
  8. ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
  9. ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
  10. ::nur Nurdia (NSC 183 - current)
  11. ::ous Oussou Empire (NSC 101 - NSC 128, NSC 172 - current)
  12. ::pyr Pyreica (NSC 190 - current)
  13. ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
  14. ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
  15. ::riy Riya-Sampetrina (NSC 156 - current)
  16. ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
  17. ::sol Solentoya (NSC 166 - current)
  18. ::sun Sundfør (NSC 153 - current)
  19. ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
  20. ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
  21. ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current)
  22. ::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current)
  23. ::tyb Tybalteva (NSC 191 - current)
  24. ::ufe Uferbruht (NSC 155 - current) has to confirm NSC 194
  25. ::zch Zechonia (NSC 45 - NSC 120, NSC 179 - current)

In short, almost half of the roster is new. It shouldn't be surprising that opinions are different from that time. And if you see it, many (if not most) of the current people against the WL skip are fairly recent (I can only speak for myself - I've joined the WL in the 170s and there hasn't been any kind of scandal regarding this matter, so I couldn't say a thing about something I wasn't aware of).

Plus, opinions are... not immutable? One who didn't see something as problematic in 2011 won't necessarily think the same in 2021. In another example (that can be considered a reach, but oh well): it wouldn't be wrong to go out without a mask on in 2011; it definitely doesn't stand in 2021.

Fearnavigatr

Since some historical context has been asked for, I'll provide. After all, I wrote most of the current rules (in 2010).

Indeed, there's no deep reason why this hasn't been plugged before. There have been past cases, yes, going almost as far back as the waiting list has existed, but they've been far between and done without major announcements, not enough to cause any major stir. As far as I can recall, most reactions to owner changes have been either indifference or, at most, a baffled "Huh? Why would you do that?". The rules are meant to provide structure, but they've always been based around some reasonable assumption of goodwill and fair play, since this is after all just a forum game run by hobbyists.

As for why it comes up now, I think another likely factor is that the issue of the WL waiting time, while absolutely not a new thing in any sense of the word, is probably a hotter and more relevant topic now than it's ever been. What Ana said about opinions is very apt, where "this is unfair to WLers" is the first thought that comes up now, in 2010 it might've been "why would someone want to give away their NSC identity to someone else?". The latter is not really an issue that affects anyone else, so nothing you'd think to legislate against.

I don't have anything to say about the current case at the moment, but I'm all for fixing the loophole for the future.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Pyreica did some digging in the forum to see how it came to be that the WL is treated so unfairly. She can probably provide you with links to such threads. General gist of it is that in the past NSC was very elitist and preferred to wall the contest off from new blood. With some of the boomers leaving the winds of change are blowing.

Schlagerman1

Pyreica did some digging in the forum to see how it came to be that the WL is treated so unfairly. She can probably provide you with links to such threads. General gist of it is that in the past NSC was very elitist and preferred to wall the contest off from new blood. With some of the boomers leaving the winds of change are blowing.
I haven't followed all of this, since it went all crazy these last days and such, but I want to add this thing, since it has been bothering me. I was away for many many years because of depression and anxiety problems, when I one day was feeling a little better and went to look on the waiting list and got lucky with it being rather small at the time. I decided to join it and it didn't take that long, actually 5 editions, until I was in the roster again. NSC has always been a very welcoming place, absotlutely not perfect, as all public places online are, but still a place where everyone is allowed to send the music that they like and find people that may think similar. There are probably other contests that might have stronger bases in rules, that has a fairer voting system, that is probably easier to join and so on. But NSC has been the place where I grew up. I was 17 years when I joined NSC 2 and has seen it grow bigger and more beautiful both from the within and from the outside, and soon I have known some people for almost 15 years. These are some people that has made me grow as a person, making feel comfortable in myself to finally accept that I was gay and also my music taste has evolved a lot, making me hear music which I would never hear otherwise.

I am sorry if you or others feeling that people my age and my experience in the contest makes you feel let down. That it makes you feel excluded for some reason. But I can assure you, this is not the meaning of it. I understand that you might have an eagerness to make the contest better and perhaps we "old farts" are a little slow to keep in track with such changes fast. But I want to end this post like this though...if you don't feel included...if you don't feel that this contest is something for you...Why do you want to join it? I am not asking this to make you feel singled out, since you say there are others that has this opinion about NSC and some of the people competing in it....but I really want to understand why and I hope you can give me a fair answer, as calm and collected as possible. Cause if you don't feel like this is a good place for you...that it makes you angry and frustrated, then you should go and find an another place. I love NSC, but sometimes having other interests on the side helps a lot. I started playing Dungeons & Dragons a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love that. Maybe D&D is not something you would be interested in, but I suggest that you, if you don't have any other interests at the moment, find more of things you like to do. That helps one a lot, at least for me.

Top Bottom