13 5.7%

61 26.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisemine

People in Croatia wear t-shirts with logo ŠČ, they say ŠČ instead of hello and goodbye, the pensioners post videos of Mama ŠČ's dancing routine.

The song has become an urban legend.

People have no expectations in general regarding Eurovision.

They are simply happy of having this song as some expression of revolt against what they've been watching going on this past year. People here are sensitive about war because they lived it themselves.

Regardless of whether Let 3 qualifies or not, the majority of Croats seem to me as if they are proud of the message they will send to Europe in May, they feel it as a proof of their anti-totalitarian character irrespective of political alignment, and they think that this entry best represents their spirit, unlike past entries which had been tailor-made to humor the ESC bubble.

Also, Croats are kind of quirky and cynical by menthality. They are not bothered if they are misunderstood by the foreigners. 🤣
I do really need to know where can I buy ŠČ merchandising :LOL::LOL::LOL: I need it in my life.

Spain cannot vote in the first semifinal, but be sure I will be voting Let 3 in the great final. I'm in love with them, their style, music, message and everything. My biggest problem is that, as I don't speak Croatian, it's difficult to find specific data (what is translated to English is just reduced information), but anyway I can ensure I want them to win this year :love:

gigi_copp3

This is going to win the televote, just accept it. It will not win because juries will give them about 10 points, but I feel they will get at least 250 points in the televote.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I seriously don't know why they got rid of the juries. If anything they were able to detect the cheating in the SEMI and know they even won't be able to detect it in the final. And none of the fans was begging them to do that. It's just strange tbh.

empo21

Veteran
I seriously don't know why they got rid of the juries. If anything they were able to detect the cheating in the SEMI and know they even won't be able to detect it in the final. And none of the fans was begging them to do that. It's just strange tbh.
I agree, but if I remember correctly, jury shows in the semis will still happen in case a country's televote fails.

I do really need to know where can I buy ŠČ merchandising :LOL::LOL::LOL: I need it in my life.

Spain cannot vote in the first semifinal, but be sure I will be voting Let 3 in the great final. I'm in love with them, their style, music, message and everything. My biggest problem is that, as I don't speak Croatian, it's difficult to find specific data (what is translated to English is just reduced information), but anyway I can ensure I want them to win this year :love:

There's an authorized online shop, but it doesn't deliver outside Croatia, I'm sorry!

If you really want it, like really, I can make a order to my resident adress in CRO and send it to you via DHL or Overseas.

Regarding the meaning of the lyrics, thus great shorter video explaining all encoded messages

Las letras en Español aqui

And from their stage ingerpretation, a few points...

Stalin's military coat in Yalta

wwii-big-three-gettyimages-463899845.jpg

The famous moustage

stalin.jpg

Make up inspiration

0a2ae706-1a94-11e7-b4ed-ac719e54b474_1280x720_145124.jpg

An inspiration for priest with 2 nukes - images of Russian Moscow Patriarchat priests "blessing" the Soyuz nuclear balistic missiles system 2 years ago

TASS_19512131.jpg

Inspiration for blondes working out on the LED

People who say this entry and performance are kitsch or joke act, frankly speaking, can only be 2 sorts:

1. Unintelligent
2. European and Russian and Serbian Pro-Putinists

And I'm totally unbothered if anyone feels offended by what I wrote. 😆

Last edited:

Lisemine

There's an authorized online shop, but it doesn't deliver outside Croatia, I'm sorry!

If you really want it, like really, I can make a order to my resident adress in CRO and send it to you via DHL or Overseas.

I can't believe you're SO adorable xbow I'm sending you a pm.

Las letras en Español aqui

This is the most accurate translation to my language I've seen so far of the song lyrics in a video.

If you agree, I'd want to copy all the information you gave us and translate it so I can paste it in a Spanish Eurovision forum. I want everybody to know this data!

I can't believe you're SO adorable xbow I'm sending you a pm.

This is the most accurate translation to my language I've seen so far of the song lyrics in a video.

If you agree, I'd want to copy all the information you gave us and translate it so I can paste it in a Spanish Eurovision forum. I want everybody to know this data!

Please feel free to do so, just credit please this great German vlogger who was the 1st one to explain what's going on here while everyone was in dismay haha.

Also add this little detail from Prado's collection, an obvious inspiration taken for those roses on stage 😆

Last edited:

Lisemine

Need to share with you (cause I love it so much) Zoran Prodanović Prlja singing an opera version of Rijeka's footbal team chant he created xheartxheartxheart I like how the chant sounds a lot!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
My goodness, how the mighty have fallen. The ESC-country which gave us wonderful 'Nostalgija' (1995), beautiful 'Neka mi ne svane' (1998), lovely 'Marija Magdalena' (1999) and folk-groovy 'Moja štikla' (2006) to name a few now sends this to ESC. I don't have the words. Atrocious.

Iker

Veteran
My goodness, how the mighty have fallen. The ESC-country which gave us wonderful 'Nostalgija' (1995), beautiful 'Neka mi ne svane' (1998), lovely 'Marija Magdalena' (1999) and folk-groovy 'Moja štikla' (2006) to name a few now sends this to ESC. I don't have the words. Atrocious.

This was one of the best in their weak NF though.

I can see why many can call it atrocious (I find it amusing though) but at least you cannot claim that it is easily forgettable. And being easily forgettable is bad for the ESC if you aspire to some result.

Last edited:
It was the ONLY choice that we had that actually has at least somewhat of a chance. No matter how polarizing it is.

The fact that it is polarizing doesn't mean anything.

It's more important for an entry to be hated by many and loved by many because those who loved it will vote for it and those who hated can't do anything about it.

The worst thing that can happen to an entry is to be described as bland, generic, inoffensive, OK, nice but nothing special etc.

Iker says MAMA ŠČ is forgetable, but I couldn't agree less. Let3 are everything, but hardly forgetable. 🤣

Iker

Veteran
The fact that it is polarizing doesn't mean anything.

It's more important for an entry to be hated by many and loved by many because those who loved it will vote for it and those who hated can't do anything about it.

The worst thing that can happen to an entry is to be described as bland, generic, inoffensive, OK, nice but nothing special etc.

Iker says MAMA ŠČ is forgetable, but I couldn't agree less. Let3 are everything, but hardly forgetable. 🤣

No, Mama Šč is the opposite of forgettable! I have just corrected my post after reading that once again, lol.

I just got entangled in various ways I wanted to write my post, lol.

I wanted to write either "People cannot deny it is unforgettable" or "People cannot claim it is forgettable" as a part of my argument in favour of it and ended up mixing two sentences together blissfully unaware of that.

Top Bottom