11 9.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Croatia-scaled.jpg

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh well, it's better than :ee: & :md: at least. Hmm...:5: points (1 extra point for being performed in Croatian which makes it stand out a tiny bit compared to Pr*son for example)

Chrisiam

You know what? That was not offensive. Its a very traditional Eurovision ballad, a little worn around the edges, a little dated, but it does the job. Its a very workman like song and performance; its not fancy, its not dazzling, it does everything that it needed to do to win its national final and thats about it.

Its sung well, its not offensive to listen to but its kind of ordinary. I get X Factor winner's single vibes from it which, to be blunt isn't great as it gives me flash backs to other certain acts...

But, on the positive side, its a fine foundation to build from, I don't feel it needs any tweaks or revisions to the song or performance itself (Even if I feel that it will need to be taken up a level when it gets to the contest). But, it is critical that it gets decent staging; if we don't see something dazzling at the contest its going to sink like a stone as there is nothing eye catching about a guy in black singing in low lighting with swirly patters in the background. I don't need fireworks and lasers, I need something that will tell a story or at least something that makes me go, "Oh yeah! Thats the song with X in it! Oh that was neat!".

For now, its a 5, with decent staging I can easily see myself boosting it to a 6 or even a 7 it is really good.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-He has good vocals, and so do the back-up singers.
-Overall, for a ballad, it's a good one.

THE BAD:
-It's kind of boring.
-The first half of the song is repetitive.

THE VERDICT:
Ugh, another ballad. Don't they know that last year's winning song was a ballad? I digress. Again, this is a situation where the staging really has to impress me. The fact that it's in Croatian probably won't help, either. 7 points

MalagaToledo

Banned
I must admit. 4his is better song than Croatia 2019. But Croatia could have smash it with Indira.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm glad I was unable to properly follow this show tonight. Seems there were a lot of great songs and I would have been mildy peeved to watch the outcome. The winner is inoffensive but I want MORE. Better than last year at least. I don't know how to rank it yet.

mauve

Veteran
Better than Iceland and Estonia, but still only 4 pts. A song we have heard many many times before. Need to listen to it again tomorrow closely, I am too tired.

Puma11

Oh it's ballad.

giphy.gif

Btw, Kedžo looks way better with new jaw (I still remember you from "365 je prošlo dana, bez tebe bolje sam" days). xcoffee

Uto

Veteran
Can't quite imagine this was the best Croatia had to offer. This seems pretty hopeless. Horribly dated Balkan ballad and it doesn't have an ounce of charm. I remember Knez with Adio. That one I could get behind, that song told a story that I didn't understand but I felt it. I don't see this happening with what Croatia is sending now.

Mrm

Veteran

xlove xheart xheat xbow

LontraCanadensis

This is...fine lol. He is very handsome and I'm sure he's nice, so I hope that he doesn't get last in semi 1. He's oh so doomed though. Like more doomed than "Voda" </3. 5 points

MalagaToledo

Banned
Can't quite imagine this was the best Croatia had to offer. This seems pretty hopeless. Horribly dated Balkan ballad and it doesn't have an ounce of charm.
This isn't Balkan balad.

Uto

Veteran
This isn't Balkan balad.
Might be, but if you turn the lyrics into gibberish and ask me what country this is from I would say one of the Yugoslav countries and be correct.

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

Indira is not a drag act if you are asking.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
I gave 5 in the poll, and look, almost everybody gave 5.. :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
@Chrisiam

And does it look like a "middle finger"? :lol:

Top Bottom