21 12.1%

10 5.7%

7 4.0%

6 3.4%

15 8.6%

• Total voters

Sammy

Veteran
After the great reviews from the rehearsals, I expected so much, but this was quite unspectacular.... Not surprised of the result.

Dodiih

Loved the performance, and I feel sorry for her, but I'm not surprised at all.

(My father thought it was an Alicia Keys song :lol: )

0scar

It was actually really good. I was quite surprised when it didn't make it, after the performance I expected her to qualify.

Chorizo

This really should have qualified.

lolita

Her vocal performance was outstanding, I am really sad she didn't make it, she deserved it. :(

Yazy

You could totally see that she gave it her all.

She really did.

I feel sad about the result, but its mainly for her. I really hope that this is not going to bring her down, cause she has absolutely no reason to be disappointed (at least in herself).

Unfortunately, you could hear in a recap that our song just does not sound as melodic as other entries so all of this was pretty much "dead on arrival" so to speak. Like when you have a school project that everybody knows is not going to work, yet despite the obvious outcome, you come on stage and you simply ooze with confidence as you present it.

And she completely elevated the song to the max with her performance................but so did almost every other artist with their entries.

It is really clear as a day that our qualification this year was just not meant to be. Lets just make peace with that.

All I can say is: This is the first time that I don´t feel embarrassed or disappointed by our elimination. We did all we could.

Hrvatska19

You could totally see that she gave it her all.

She really did.

I feel sad about the result, but its mainly for her. I really hope that this is not going to bring her down, cause she has absolutely no reason to be disappointed (at least in herself).

Unfortunately, you could hear in a recap that our song just does not sound as melodic as other entries so all of this was pretty much "dead on arrival" so to speak. Like when you have a school project that everybody knows is not going to work, yet despite the obvious outcome, you come on stage and you simply ooze with confidence as you present it.

And she completely elevated the song to the max with her performance................but so did almost every other artist with their entries.

It is really clear as a day that our qualification this year was just not meant to be.

All I can say is: This is the first time that I don´t feel embarrassed or disappointed by our elimination. We did all we could.

yes, and not to mention other top quality songs such as Greece also did not qualify. It was a tough semi and hopefully HRT takes that into consideration when deciding whether or not to participate next year. My fear whenever Croatia doesn’t qualify is that they will withdraw from the competition...again!

DaFlo

Banned
She was great, I hope she gets another chance one day with a better song ^^

ag89

I think they should send her again already next year. :)

tararaaam

No offense, but that was deeeefinitely the worst song of the night. Totally bland, even if she has charisma and potential.

Nicholas123

Great voice and stage presence. I think Franka definitely deserves another chance in the future, with a better song though. xD

Gitte

She had a good voice and charisma, and she performed well. But the song is just too bland and typical, not any kind of surprise or originality.

Hele.

I think 99,99% people agree - Franka itself is amazing in every sense and song was bland! I'm really proud of Franka as she gave her best and I will say it, was our best representative (in terms of interviews, taking professionally performance, making best from minimalistic staging, strong vocals, sense for fashion, her personality). This was dream came true from Franka. xheart I do not want to sound bad in any context, but I have to say that because of all those reasons and qualities that make Franka so great and amazing, I'm very sad she accepted to sing such bland and mediocre song. As eurovision fan she could see on first listening this is not good song for eurovision and order better song from foreign authors or decide to sing some other Mihaljević's song. Or at least, this song should have more eurovisionish (more powerful, more growing) arrangement/production. In recap it sounded so bland and especially after Austria which exploded in recap and is also nice, quality song.
Franka having all those qualities and not making the final and somebody with less qualities but making final just confirms how bad song she had and she didn't deserve it.
All this situation made me very sad that Franka maybe missed her once in a lifetime esc chance with such dull try! She surely deserves to go at eurovision again and I hope it can happen next year already but maybe with much better song! Honestly, I just can't get over it that Franka accepted to sing such song this year and as person with so many qualities and being esc fan, she should never chose it!
Additionally, one of Croatian authors with best reputation in country again has shown his (and speaking of all Croatian authors) inability to write song for final so HRT please bring back foreign authors! We have 100% with foreign authors!
All in all, I congratulate Franka and I'm grateful to her on great effort despite the fact I'm sad she didn't take care to find better song! She is truly amazing and I hope she will get another chance!

SaladBreak

Completely agree, Hele, we need foreign authors. I hope we have a Dora next year so maybe she does return, or in 2,3,4 years ;)

Milos-BC

Everything was really good, I think that she really pulled the maximum here but, sadly, I expected this outcome :( The song was overshadowed by the other ones. Such a shame as Franka deserved better,

I think the same will happen to the other 3 ex-yu countries tonight as well and we might see another final without any ex-yu nation in it.

Top Bottom