Contact us

Creating new contests on the forum

strajker

Instead of regions, why not call our juries after things that represent that particular country? It could be a town, place, historical event, national symbol, even something fictional from your country.

For example:

Swedish juries
:se: Moder Svea
:se: Birka
:se: Nangijala

And so on. Then you wouldn't be bound to a specific region. :)

You've forgot...

:se: IKEA

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Glad some of you seem to like my idea. I thought it would make it more fun and creative when you can come up with your own special thing for your jury. :)

You've forgot...

:se: IKEA
Haha yes, that too! :D

LakZaNokte

You can take Kosovo
I could just as well take Puerto Rico then xrofl2 (no real connections with either xshrug)

seriously, the idea is fine with me but it should also make sense. some1 from USA can take Puerto Rico, why not; but taking some random countries...I don't know. we could just as well take imaginary countries like in NSC xshrug
no offense to any1, but it's all the same for me if I take St.Kitts&Nevis or I make up a country for myself :|

p.s. if it would work like that, I would totally take St.Kitts&Nevis xbow
I am always rooting for them in Olympics :mrgreen:

Mozz

I could just as well take Puerto Rico then xrofl2 (no real connections with either xshrug)

seriously, the idea is fine with me but it should also make sense. some1 from USA can take Puerto Rico, why not; but taking some random countries...I don't know. we could just as well take imaginary countries like in NSC xshrug
no offense to any1, but it's all the same for me if I take St.Kitts&Nevis or I make up a country for myself :|

p.s. if it would work like that, I would totally take St.Kitts&Nevis xbow
I am always rooting for them in Olympics :mrgreen:

Well, I could recommend you to join NSC then. You're really very welcome there. But oh, there's a problem: NSC has a huge waiting list. There, you will be placed in position 30 of the waiting list (29 has been recently taken by Cypriotgirl).

The new game will not have this problem.

LakZaNokte

Well, I could recommend you to join NSC then. You're really very welcome there. But oh, there's a problem: NSC has a huge waiting list. There, you will be placed in position 30 of the waiting list (29 has been recently taken by Cypriotgirl).

The new game will not have this problem.
I know about NSC but for now I'm good with FSC and also, I would like to see how things turn out with this new game.
ty :D

LakZaNokte

so, according to these polls, I will be stuck in certain region for 3 months and will be able to send stuff only from that region. not too crazy over that, must admit. besides, why should we be stuck in regions? I'm ok with being stuck in jury but not in region. what is the point of that?

more on that jury-region relationship: (example)
I'm in Zagreb region. my jury decides to send a song from Zagreb. does that mean I can't send another song (from Zg) cause "my region is already there"?
the thing is, if I can't, what's the point of regions then? what benefit do I have if jury can override me at any time? then I might as well just be in jury and not wait till my region becomes "available".
if I can, what's the point of jury then? sure, 3 or 4 people can agree about sending certain song, but it is all the same for me if some1 else sends it or I send it once I get into that region.

finally, again:
why 3 months in a region? for juries where it could get crowded, it's the worst possible choice. once u get into some jury, if it isn't from your country, it will be pain in the a$$ to send stuff from only 1 region. the result could be rather bad: lame entries sent only cause u have to send something.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
LakZaNokte, I agree about 3 months, we will discuss this point, I think that there should be a limit in the regions

About the polls:

Limit of the regions
Limit of the regions: no more than 5 in each country

Change the regions
Member may not change the region of each month (in accordance with the basic 3-month rule)

I think about it we can discuss more

Songs
The regions can send only songs originating from their own regions

There is Zagreb jury. This jury send song only from Zagreb-region (I think all members of Croatia should decide about separating Croatia to regions)

If there is a region, the main jury of this country can send a song from this region

Croatian jury can send song form Zagreb-region too, and we will have 2 Zagreb-songs in the edition.

AdelAdel

This is initial rules. Let's see them in action, and if it is bad, then change

I liked it, until these region rules were introduced. It's much easier to find an artist from the entire country that you like, instead only from one region.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I liked it, until these region rules were introduced. It's much easier to find an artist from the entire country that you like, instead only from one region.

As I see. You have found a song from Gdansk and for it the region "Gdansk" and sent to the contest. Next month, you choose a song from Wroclaw and the region "Wroclaw" That's why I think we need to allow to change the region every month

AdelAdel

As I see. You have found a song from Gdansk and for it the region "Gdansk" and sent to the contest. Next month, you choose a song from Wroclaw and the region "Wroclaw" That's why I think we need to allow to change the region every month

Yes, this would have been better.

LakZaNokte

either this or choosing a region or something* and being able to send a song from entire country.
*I am reffering to Stargazers' suggestion that players don't take names of regions but some landmarks or something like that that are unique for that country. that would brinh consistency in the game and wouldn't create a mess.

example: I take "Grički top" (one of Zagreb's symbols) and I play as Grički top entire time while I'm in Cro jury.
after 3 months or whenever I go to Irish jury, take "4-leaf clover" and play with that name all the time while I'm there.
I seriously love that idea cause we will learn a lot about other countries that way :D

like I said, much less mess :mrgreen:
just to remind, with that "symbol system", every player should be able to send a song from entire country.

daniels1000

either this or choosing a region or something* and being able to send a song from entire country.
*I am reffering to Stargazers' suggestion that players don't take names of regions but some landmarks or something like that that are unique for that country. that would brinh consistency in the game and wouldn't create a mess.

example: I take "Grički top" (one of Zagreb's symbols) and I play as Grički top entire time while I'm in Cro jury.
after 3 months or whenever I go to Irish jury, take "4-leaf clover" and play with that name all the time while I'm there.
I seriously love that idea cause we will learn a lot about other countries that way :D

like I said, much less mess :mrgreen:
just to remind, with that "symbol system", every player should be able to send a song from entire country.

I think that this would create even bigger mess :eek:

LakZaNokte

I think that this would create even bigger mess :eek:
u think it's better to have 5 permanent regions for every country but only players for those regions change? yes, that would be clean but in that case, it would be 1 song from each region every month. otherwise (if we could even then have 2 songs from Zagreb in one month) it is better to go with those symbols, imo.

in short:
- if we will go with names of regions, then it is logical to be able to send stuff only from that region. however, I am strongly against 3-months-rule for regions then. already explained why.
- if we go with symbols, we should be able to send songs from entire country.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
- if we will go with names of regions, then it is logical to be able to send stuff only from that region. however, I am strongly against 3-months-rule for regions then. already explained why.

I support it :D

daniels1000

u think it's better to have 5 permanent regions for every country but only players for those regions change? yes, that would be clean but in that case, it would be 1 song from each region every month. otherwise (if we could even then have 2 songs from Zagreb in one month) it is better to go with those symbols, imo.

in short:
- if we go with symbols, we should be able to send songs from entire country.

If it will be like that,I would rather see Croatia 1,Croatia 2 etc. or UK 1,UK 2 etc. like you said once,I don't remember when

AdelAdel

But you yourself voted for option

Member may not change the region of each month (in accordance with the basic 3-month rule)

:lol:

you can change your votes

Because I was consistent with the idea of not leaving the jury, I never supported the regions rule :?

Top Bottom