Contact us

Countries who never won the ESC?

Fluke

I'm surprised there's no thread on this already, and even more surprised there are so many:

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Georgia
Hungary
Iceland
Lithuania
Macedonia
Malta
Moldavia
Poland
Portugal
Romania
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia

Also, there's a couple who haven't won in recent enough time for anyone to remember:

Netherlands 1975
Spain 1969
Austria 1966

Do you think it's about time for one of them, and why? Maybe not this year, but soon.... xsing

Grinch

France also hasn't won since 1977.

Fluke

Yeah, but i didn't include them since they're going to win this year :p

MyHeartIsYours

It's like major competition between United Kingdom and France :twisted:. First of all, we always want to beat each other in everything and second if one of us wins, we will be only the second country to have achieved at least 6 victories! :D

A-lister

Veteran
No, this year is France's turn

Eww no.

Poland deserves it this year.

It's time for a country that NEVER won, but have tried for some time now!

Also it's NOT time for bad loosers Hungary/Austria who give up and then come back every now and then.

Mark-ESC14

No, Bosnia has never won the contest, their highest placing is 3rd in 2006. Just like Malta, who came in second 2 times, but never won. :) It is indeed 36 years ago since the Netherlands last won the contest :( (But we did win the JESC of 2009 :p)

Cooler

Banned
Bosnai doens't deserve this year, there are much better songs!

Cooler

Banned
IMO only :sl: and :ro: are better then Mr. Dino this year! :D

That's the think of taste, my faves are Ukraine, Finland, Cyprus and San Marino! :D

So yes, San Marino FTW in this thread! :)

r3gg13

I really want Portugal to win (not this year obviously, which would be the biggest shame if they did this year). In the future, when they're back to normal music-wise I want them to win.

This year, I want either Slovenia, Switzerland, Poland, Serbia, Azerbaijan, or Hungary to win :D

Mickey

I'm surprised there's no thread on this already, and even more surprised there are so many:

Also, there's a couple who haven't won in recent enough time for anyone to remember:

Netherlands 1975
Spain 1969
Austria 1966

Do you think it's about time for one of them, and why? Maybe not this year, but soon.... xsing

51 countries have competed at Eurovision. There have been 55 Eurovisions. Even if all 51 had competed every year since Eurovision began, I'd still expect to have a large number of countries awaiting their first win. There would be even more who hadn't won within the last 35 years.

Top Bottom