Contact us

Bulgaria BULGARIA 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

hijirio

Veteran
Bulgaria >>>>>>>>>> Eurovision

Invest your whole GDP in Planeta Payner and make Balkanvision like Turkvision. It will be much bigger than Eurovision itself. xcheer xcheer xcheer

Well, jokes aside, you will be greatly missed moyata bulgariya xheart
Luckily I don't need Eurovision to follow your life-changing music scene

soulm8

Not a surprise, still hate to see it. But my country is the toilet of Europe, so well deserved I would say, my feelings are pretty much angry rather than sad. Been born in this country is a curse you need to live with.

FilipFromSweden

Does 2nd place with one of the biggest televote scores ever mean NOTHING?! Would it have been different if they hosted 2018? Would they even have hosted if asked, tbh?

elanyvx

Contacted by ESCPORTUGAL, the official account of the Bulgarian delegation in the Eurovision Contest on Facebook stressed that BNT "has no official position or information that can currently be shared", refusing to confirm the absence from the international contest that will take place in Liverpool and which was promoted by the page itself a few days ago.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow, I'm surprised they've so cleanly cut it off as something they no longer care about. It seems a total 180 from the past few years where they've been clearly so desperate to win the whole thing entirely. What's changed at BNT? Something has for this to happen. It's a real loss for esc really, hopefully you comeback soon.

A-lister

Veteran
Wow, I'm surprised they've so cleanly cut it off as something they no longer care about. It seems a total 180 from the past few years where they've been clearly so desperate to win the whole thing entirely. What's changed at BNT? Something has for this to happen. It's a real loss for esc really, hopefully you comeback soon.

Yeah, the 180 turn is disturbing, it shows that all is take is for a team to be invested and like Eurovision to be exchanged with one that loath it. There is no real transparency here and all comes down to some director's personal taste. At least a thing like this wouldn't happen in Sweden, even if a new hypothetical director would dislike the show (frankly I think the current one does), they still can't just go with their own opinions on stuff. It's not a dictatorship after all.

If it was only about money, I am sure Payner would be happy to send some of their stars and pay for all of it but BNT's pride is more important...

soulm8

Yeah, the 180 turn is disturbing, it shows that all is take is for a team to be invested and like Eurovision to be exchanged with one that loath it. There is no real transparency here and all comes down to some director's personal taste. At least a thing like this wouldn't happen in Sweden, even if a new hypothetical director would dislike the show (frankly I think the current one does), they still can't just go with their own opinions on stuff. It's not a dictatorship after all.

If it was only about money, I am sure Payner would be happy to send some of their stars and pay for all of it but BNT's pride is more important...
Payner is not as stable as before. Many big names are leaving or becoming more independent.

Mainshow

Veteran
I can totally understand if someone doesn´t like the concept of Eurovision but one can´t take away the fact that it´s an amazing platform to showcase your culture, what your own country has to offer (musically speaking) and that songs can become hits via Eurovision + new artists can get promoted - and in some cases, they will become quite well-known (look at Maneskin, Duncan Laurence or even Rosa Linn - just to name recent examples).

hijirio

Veteran
Daily reminder that Bulgaria is the best country in the world and Planeta Payner should buy BNT and win Eurovision every single year back to back bye

Top Bottom