Getting up is growing old

If your world is breaking
And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
I guess the panel who selected "Growing Up Is Getting Old" only has one objective - to be a jury bait with the best staging potential.
I wonder if the panel has actually got a group of non-ESC hardcore viewers to listen to the songs and get their feedback.
ESC fans did not like the selected song, but we know ESC fans live in their own bubble, so "Imaginary Friend" may not have done better.

But looking back at all the other 5 songs, and comparing to how the televotes gone, does any of the remaining 5 songs stand a chance to do well in the televotes? I have a feeling Victoria will still have a hard time getting the televotes.

soulm8

Its an equal 10th result in the final. Can’t say it’s flopping considering the top 3 fans fav San Marino did that. Not the best result for sure, but it was classy and well put. Once again the Bulgarian team served quality. Of course it could be a better song, but i guess with what was going on in Victoria’s life, Eurovision was not at the same priority as it used to be. I read that with those kind of songs they lose the interest of the Bulgarian fans(if ever was any lol), so i see if they stay they gonna change things and send songs in Bulgarian or with Bulgarian traditional parts.

Geborgenheit

Sorry Bulgaria, but kinda predicted this not to go down well with the public.

Chalga next year thank you , we need a contrast xcheer

I think it has gone quite well, yes, it could be better, but it is not a total disaster neither.

Obviously, people like something loud this year, not something quite. :)

soulm8

We were also very unlucky in the televoting as we got 5 11th places (:at:, :ee:, :ie:, :mt:, :mk:), 4 12th ones (:cz:, :gr:, :md:, :rs:) & 2 13th (:ge: & :pt:).
And she got equal 10th place, but at the end it is 11th. Luck at it’s finest!

Skrzeczk

One of two songs I voted for (the other one was Ukraine). Somehow I expected this... she did great with juries but in televote only 30 points. Luckily both UK and Spain gave her 8 points. Without them it would be even worse. Televote competition was so so strong this year. Juries did great job putting Victoria higher. At least one point more and she would be in top10.

Jopi

I didn't like the song when it came out, and I don't like it now. It's really depressing for my taste. But the performance was good! Anyways, I knew she would flop with the televote, as I said probably too depressing for people (especially in these times). Respectable 11th place in the end.

njdevils94

Veteran
I think we all knew deep down Victoria was a Blackburn Rovers fan. Have you mailed her a Derby County shirt to wear @Sean ?

E2VlDV-X0AEsBkE

popavapeur

wtf I just realized the "rock" she was sitting on, that moves during the performance is actually turned by someone from the crew like there was a guy inside the thing !?

Top Bottom