2 1.4%

5 3.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Bulgaria-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
I'm open to be proven otherwise. But judged on the NF performance, I'm not that optimistic right now.
I told you, if they pay to a good team then don;t worry, because everything is there, the look, charisma, vocals...
If not, then It is another story...
The same goes for Bulgaria...

Franzilein

All those Billie Eilish comparisons really make sense, seeing as I don't like neither Billie's music, nor Tears Getting Sober. If songs like this don't captivate you, they're just boring, so... eh. 4 points?

Mainshow

Veteran
:10: for now because it's not instant and I prefer other ballads but overall, it's a masterpiece...eseocialky the arrangement is breathtaking!

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Billie Eilish is very popular around the world right now, isn't she?

That's probably why more and more countries choose entries with inspiration from her. That's no problem, why should it be?

They will probably get a lot of votes from the mainstream watcher in May.

A lot of people may be like: "Hey, that sounds like Billie Eilish, let's vote for it!"

Ezio

Veteran
I don't know Billie Eilish AT ALL, I will vote Bulgaria despite of my ignorance

mauve

Veteran
Yeah my opinion is the opposite of Mauve's. Roxen does nothing to me, and "Alcohol you" is just an upstart, fake-woke pretentious ball of nothing.

"Tears getting sober" otoh is... well, solidly good. Another ballad, but one of them best ones i nthe year, so, yeah I cannot wait until Victoria comes top five while Roxen NQ's :-)

WHERE are the uptempo bangers at tho. Where the fuck are the KEiiNOs????
To me Victoria's song is too sweet and reminds me almost of Disney. @markdowd said it right: "too cute, sugary and underpowered ".

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Uto

Veteran
There are comparisons between Tears Getting Sober and Alcohol You. I get it, the production is similar, the topics seem similar and they're rivals so it's easy to arrive at the comparison. Yet, it doesn't *feel* like they're occupying the same spot at all. To me, and I like them both very much, they feel like they're complete opposites. I could have just stated that one is about negative emotions and the other positive ones, but this is too simple for what I want to convey. I will explain:

Alcohol You is pulling at the black hole in my heart where all regrets are sucked into because I just have to live without the darkness. Once in a while I still need to stare at the abyss. I need to see what it is being me, what I have wrought, what others have wrought, what was and what was not, what is and what isn't, I must evaluate *me*. Alcohol You is about regret. It is about walking towards the abyss and confronting its hopelessness.

Tears Getting Sober is *not* about regret. It is about the absolute opposite, hope. It is about walking away from that abyss, understanding that regret is nothing but a disappointment and a lesson learned, that the black hole is a mirage of things that never were. Memories of dreams gone by, opportunities not taken, wrong decisions, they are games your mind plays with itself, they are not meant to make you blind to the fantastic truth of a hopeful future lying ahead of you.

I survived a state of sickening depression. Regret is about the only emotion available in such a state. Regret is what fueled me, what allowed me to continue. Regret means something deeply personal to me. Hope is nice, but seems naive. I don't know how many are like me, but I think we are Legion and they will understand what I'm speaking of. Tears Getting Sober is unable to get the visceral reaction that Alcohol You can give. If Alcohol You didn't do it for you, take Repondez-Moi, it is the same. That song is also about looking into the abyss.

As such, I think the televote appeal for Tears Getting Sober isn't naturally as high as one might think. The emotional gravity just isn't there, so it's just the song being pretty that is going to be the appeal. Luckily, it is very pretty though.

Last edited:

Vektor

Yikes, what an obvious attempt at trying at ripping off Billie Eilish. And they failed miserably.

Serena00

For me, the problem is that I can't remember the song at all after listening

Kitakaze

Beautiful. Think we can all agree the composition and production, especially within the realm of Eurovision is extraordinary. Much like Switzerland, Romania and the Netherlands, while it doesn’t scream winner it quietly builds and paints such an atmosphere. We know she has the live vocal so the potential to deliver a real moment with this song sure is looking very promising.

Uto

Veteran
For me, the problem is that I can't remember the song at all after listening
Good point. Same here. Same for most I would assume. Where's the actual hook in this song anyway? If you want a hint to get back at the melody for the chorus: Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment, the part with "One day when the light is glowing, I'll be in my castle golden." has practically the same melody as the first line of the chorus of Tears Getting Sober.

dezbee2008

I really want to cheer for Bulgaria since it is my favorite ESC country (owing it to If Love Was A Crime), but this... I cannot get behind. Everybody is saying Billie Eilish this or Billie Eilish that... I don't like her music, and as much as I love Bulgaria's efforts at Eurovision, this won't get higher than 21st on my list. I'll give it 5 points -- 2 because it's better than some other songs and 3 for the ending

Nicfedy

I normally dislike songs with this kind of lead vocals but the melody and arrangement are soothing and beautiful to my ears. Same type of song as Duncan last year but nicer, and two similar winners in row don’t seem to happen. Anyway 12 pts, well done Bulgaria, a great surprise.

shameless

Very beautiful. If there's gonna be a female winner this year, it looks like its gonna be either Romania or this (Finland will be too diverse and Sweden's Dotter is just overrated).

ayzelto

Very pleasant ballad, in another year it would go straight to my top 10, but I am not too sure if this will be among my favourites. I think I will need to listen to it several times to have a solid opinion. 7 points for now.

Top Bottom