14 6.3%

9 4.1%

7 3.2%

8 3.6%

5 2.3%

12 5.4%

• Total voters

Storm

I loved the song before the semifinal but the performance did not convince me at all and left me totally cold...

Milos-BC

I think they were amazing, certainly one of the best performances of the evening. I even got chills as well :D

I don't think they will win but a top 5 is the bare minimum that this song deserves.

soulm8

People calling this calculated...well Greece didnt calculate anything and is in the airplane already, even though her song is great.Its just called an idea, so all the Queens here can chill the f out.

Lietuvis

Fantastic song, I really liked the music video too. The live performance didn't quite 'WOW' me, but it certainly was good.

wtf

Performing after Australia and Finland, and right before Moldova. Couldn't wish for a better position. xcheer

mauve

Veteran
Performing after Australia and Finland, and right before Moldova. Couldn't wish for a better position. xcheer

Definitely better than the three! Like Bulgaria, but didn't like the staging, it felt cold and didn't reach me completely.

soulm8

Kudos to Equinox been open for their sexuality.

blue00eyes

This is truly underrated, nice music, but it was always harder for a group to do well in Eurovision

Mrm

Veteran
Really shame on Europe for this! :(

Congrats Equinox anyway..you brought fantastic quality to the contest! xlove xheart

soulm8

Shame for the results. Checking the results, it’s funny how Macedonia gave 12 points to this song in the Semi and suddenly 0 in the final. I guess Bulgaria was not comfortable to do welll this year.

A-lister

Veteran
I am not so surprised it didn't do as well as some predicted, I think the song is pretty good and well produced, but it is kind of cold and constructed and the performance is perhaps even more flat eventhough Zhanna in particular did a good job. As I predicted this did better with juries than televoters, now I might have pushed it a bit higher in the overall results, but that's about it.

I applaud Bulgaria for sending three solid entries in a row though, although this year was the weakest of the three last attempts (as much as I can't stand this Kristian guy, he had a stronger entry and Poli, well she had the best entry Bulgaria entry sent so far). Don't let these results discourage you though, continue on your path, but maybe something more fun and daring next year? If you look at the top. 2, maybe you can finally dare a bit of chalga influences or something like Tita or Gery-Nikol? xshrug

Preuss

Hmm, so Bulgaria was my second favourite...

I hoped personally for more jury points but they honestly did as I expected within the televote, although I hoped they would get higher as well

well my number 1 and 2 this year didn't do as well as I thought sadly

Mrm

Veteran
Hmm, so Bulgaria was my second favourite...

I hoped personally for more jury points but they honestly did as I expected within the televote, although I hoped they would get higher as well

well my number 1 and 2 this year didn't do as well as I thought sadly

Macedonian jury gave 12 to Bulgaria in the semi, and then in the final big fat 0...smth is rigged and fishy, I'm 100% sure.

I think Equinox got more points, but they reduced it.. ;)

Alaska49

did you all notice that this song got the same placement as skeletons???? truly quantum entangled siblings forever

14th is still amazing for a country whose eurovision talent is still so newfound. i don't think they did anything wrong.

Mrm

Veteran
I have checked all jury rankings for Bulgaria and I can say that I’m really satisfied how former ESC participants whom I like and consider quality and good vocalists ranked it!
Nimah Kavanagh ranked them 2nd, Aminata Savadogo ranked them 4th, Nina Zizic (Montenegro 2013 – fantastic vocals) ranked them 4th, Hanne Haugsand from Norway ranked them 5th, Michal Szpak ranked them 6th, Mariette (not ESC, but MF contestant) ranked them 7th.. :)
They were ranked 1st from 5 jury members, two from Croatia, one from Finland, 1 from Moldova and 1 from the UK..
I’d also like to point out on Portuguese jury who ranked them overall 4th (2, 4, 3, 5, 7)
Well done!

crashworld

Veteran
The song was great in studio cut, but the staging left the song cold and disconnected.
I think alot of songs suffer with the non-LED staging and this was one of them.
I believe a LED backdrop with something in-line with the video would have elevated the song even more in 'live.
But the awkwardly dark staging with Zhana sitting on a silly-looking platform just made the performance very lop-sided.
The OCD in me wanted to throw the sitting platform so the 5 of them can be placed equally on the stage.

midnightsun

Veteran
This has been in my top 3 but when I watched the final I had a bad feeling. It was a bit better than in the semi but the song doesn't come across as great live as it does in the studio version. The voices are too loud together and the mystic music - which represents a big part of the song - too low.

I remember the same happend to my fave entry in 2015, Macedonia. The studio pop version was soooo good, but the soul thing with the band live on stage was a desaster.

ATP

The results are easy to interpret. This year's song and staging were not quite well understood, as most people classified the song as depressive and evil (despite it having exactly the opposite meaning). I wouldn't say that there was something wrong with the results (even though Austria jury results were really surprising), because last year Bulgaria did quite well and received points from nearly all countries. And the votes for a dark and misterious song went to Denmark.

Of course, we should mention some stuff here. I couldn't vote for Bulgaria from Germany at all, but I didn't have such problems voting for Estonia. A friend of mine in Spain had the same problem in the SF1, but she didn't try voting for another entry, so we will never know. I am sure that this is not on purpose, probably something went wrong with the system, or with our phones. But it didn't feel well. Second of all- Bulgaria received a total of 0! points from all jury neighbours, which is due to some political reasons I guess. Sure, it was not the best song, but still- 1 or 2 points were reasonable. As for Macedonia- I am not surprised. When Serbia is in the final competing with Bulgaria this was pretty much expected. They are free to vote for Bulgaria only when Serbia is not nearby (just as in the real life). Generally speaking, jury voting is sometimes more political than the televoting. We didn't deserve to win, but top 10 was a must.

midnightsun

Veteran
I am from Germany, living here and I voted for Bulgaria a few times by telephone (mobile). No problems here.
Yeah, the result were a bit disappointing. But I can understand why. The song‘s too messy and loud. The staging was perfect. I loved especially the colors and outfits.

Top Bottom