Contact us

Birth year & country of birth contest challenge - Deadline 26/06

Edward

I had this game idea a couple of months ago but never tried to materialize it since I'm not sure if it's that interesting to the rest of you. But I suppose it's somewhat original and worth giving a try (sorry my 4th placed NF songs contest friends, I'll get around to that one later on). I took the idea from this thread.

Basically you need to vote for ESC 2019 songs using the votes that your country gave to other countries in the year you were born.

I took the time to collect the voting ways of the countries of the people who have posted on that other thread.

Of course, not only people who have posted on the thread can take part. Anyone can. Simply display some sort of interest, tell me the year you were born in and send me your votes through PM.
Obviously I have no way of telling if you were really born in the year you say you were but I'll be taking your word for it since there's no other way :p

If you're thinking this may limit a lot countries that joined the competition as of late, worry not, I have thought of it too. We can do a spin-off afterwards or two. In that one you can be voting as your country voted this year (I'll let you choose between televote and jury vote. Or why not both to make things even more exciting? :mrgreen:) or we could do another spin-off in which you can pick a year, given that you're that much of a fan to know which year your country voted in a way most similar to your personal taste :geek:

So i'm going to extend an invitation below to the people who have posted on the thread I mentioned. Feel free to skip it if you don't find it interesting enough, of course. But if you are going to take part, you must vote exactly for all the countries your country voted for that year. Hear that Mr. [MENTION=15221]Citelis[/MENTION] and people alike? No half-assed voting allowed :p All or nothing.

So here goes the invitation to the people who posted on the thread and the data I've collected of which countries you should be voting for:

:de: [MENTION=15159]midnightsun[/MENTION] (1979)

You should be voting for these countries from 1 to 12 ESC style (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-10-12) - same for everyone else (feel free to double check it in case you want so):

:pt: Portugal
:dk: Denmark
:ie: Ireland
:fi: Finland
:gr: Greece
:ch: Switzerland
:be: Belgium
:fr: France
:uk: UK
:es: Spain

:hu: [MENTION=15950]Dodiih[/MENTION] (1998)

:pl: Poland
:mt: Malta
:cy: Cyprus
:nl: Netherlands
:se: Sweden
:no: Norway
:ee: Estonia

:de: [MENTION=6296]CPV4931[/MENTION] (1994)

:hu: Hungary
:ru: Russia

:pt: Moi-même (1986)

:lu: Luxembourg (did not take part in 2019 - can choose another country)
:de: Germany
:at: Austria

:fr: [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] (1990)

:lu: Luxembourg (did not take part - can choose another country)
:yu: Yugoslavia (choose another country lucky bugger! :p)
:it: Italy

:lt: [MENTION=14749]BernadetteCydonia[/MENTION] (1999)

:hr: Croatia
:sl: Slovenia
:is: Iceland

:ba: [MENTION=6490]randajad[/MENTION] (1995)

:il: Israel

:uk: [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] (1997)

:tr: Turkey (choose another country)
:it: Italy
:hu: Hungary

:gr: [MENTION=15221]Citelis[/MENTION] (1994)

:fi: Finland
:ro: Romania
:sk: Slovakia (choose another country)
:ru: Russia

:uk: [MENTION=16507]tomos2019[/MENTION] (1992)

:it: [MENTION=13972]Cyberbliss[/MENTION] (1978)

:pt: Portugal
:mc: Monaco (choose another country)
:lu: Luxembourg (choose another country)

:uk: [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] (1995)

:tr: Turkey (choose another country)

People who have posted on the thread but that haven't been around for a while: :de: [MENTION=16080]mauve[/MENTION] (1973), :es: [MENTION=16380]B3stbeats[/MENTION] (2002), :it: [MENTION=13615]darkap[/MENTION] (1992), :ba: [MENTION=14756]ag89[/MENTION] (1989 - was part of Yugoslavia, can vote following Yugoslavian votes of 1989), :se: [MENTION=16539]PinchyCrabstina[/MENTION] (1998), :pt: [MENTION=15807]Laepo1[/MENTION] (1988), :pl: [MENTION=15702]burrito[/MENTION] (1995) & :dk: [MENTION=16520]ESCDenmark[/MENTION] (1995) - I may try to send a PM to these people later on if I find the voting too scarce or so, dunno.

I suppose a week is enough for you to send me your votes and get this game done.

Happy choices everyone ;)

tuorem

[MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] great idea! :p

I have a question though: when there is a country to replace in our list, do we have to pick another one based on the lineup of our year of birth? Or is any country suitable as long as it took part in 2019? xthink

tuorem

I voted! xcheer

I was lucky to have two wildcards, for they completed my list nicely (and I missed some icons).

I have no idea where the game will go result-wise though, I'm intrigued xthink

Edward

Ok, I guess I have to make myself clear because I have received two sets of votes that are just a copy paste of the way of how your countries voted back in your year of birth. I do not want you to copy paste the votes of your country. If I wanted that just for my own entertainment then I could just do it myself by adding up the scores of the people who have posted in that other thread. The challenge of the game lies in re-arranging the countries your country voted for back in the year of your birth. Like having to vote for the same exact 10 but putting who you prefer ahead, obviously. I hope this clears things up for good. I tried being as thorough as possible in my initial post and it saddens me a little that some of you didn't get it at all. I don't know why :( Maybe I must just start posting in a very simplified, one-liner way.

Keep those votes coming.

tuorem

xyeah I hope the message is clear now. Please show some respect to our host ya'll. :D

tenor.gif

EDC0708

Going to vote, not keen on most of the options I have available for my year, but can swap two of them, I still have to give a point to my least favourite of the year though!

BernadetteCydonia

Edward! You're back! :eek:

b/c you were gone for no reason for months you were thrown off the A Dal 2019 Simulation game jury unfortunately :c

EDC0708

[MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] Have my votes ready, but your Inbox is full, will aim to send them tomorrow ahead of the deadline. :)

Top Bottom