Contact us

Betting Odds 2023

MopManMoss

Veteran
What about the odds of :il: not qualifying? She'll put on a show, but I can still see the "SLAY QUEEN" votes going to :se: and :no: and Noa missing out.
Israel is in my bottom 3 of my ranking for the entire contest but Noa is a tried and tested performer I’m pretty certain Israel will qualify with relative ease

HarryUK

Veteran
Israel is in my bottom 3 of my ranking for the entire contest but Noa is a tried and tested performer I’m pretty certain Israel will qualify with relative ease
What if Monika Liu finds the power of a unicorn, out there on her own?

MopManMoss

Veteran
She should try and make the Lithuanian version of the fast food song
I like fast food now and then, Shoogah shoogah was in my top 3 pre rehearsals in 2021 for example but Unicorn feels so engineered for Eurovision it puts me off massively, don’t announce your dance break show us it

HarryUK

Veteran
I like fast food now and then, Shoogah shoogah was in my top 3 pre rehearsals in 2021 for example but Unicorn feels so engineered for Eurovision it puts me off massively, don’t announce your dance break show us it
I'd have Natalia Gordienko every year for Moldova, as long as she extends the note at the end by 1 second each year

12Pointsgoto.....

I don't see both croatia and serbia qualifying, and I think croatia is more likely. No one is voting for switzerland when there is netherlands in the same semi. I am very sure that Portugal will qualify.

midnightsun

Veteran
People seem to bet on what’s popular or what they like. The thing is that this doesn’t display the voting patterns.

First of all - there won’t be 3 Scandinavian countries consecutively. Why? Because in the top two or three there are often one country from Western Europe, one from Eastern Europe (I roughly dived Europe in these two parts; of course there are more) . Which is consequential. Ex-Soviet countries vote for their neighbours first, Balkan countries vote for their neighbours first, Scandinavians vote for their neighbours first. So votes are balanced for a country from Western Europe, one from Eastern Europe.

In the final this comes into effect even more because we have juries. So what did the past teach us? Yes, juries from a fav country often don’t put their "opponent" country first. In no way, I believe, will Sweden jury give their 12 points to Finland or vice versa, maybe even not to Norway as well.

midnightsun

Veteran
I don't see both croatia and serbia qualifying,
I do. Both televotes giving their 12s to the other plus diaspora votes from all over Europe.

No one is voting for switzerland when there is netherlands in the same semi.

I agree here. I believe The Netherlands will make it at #10 in the ranking and SUI is out, no matter what the odds say.
I am very sure that Portugal will qualify.

Definitely! In no way I don’t see this not qualifying, especially with Spain in that final plus, if the international votes is valid for all countries around the world, they are very likely to be in the top 10 of the global vote.

/edit: realized Spain does not vote in Semi 1, but France and Italy do. Both countries I suppose liking this kind of music.

Last edited:

ayzelto

For the first time I bet for three countries:
- Sweden
- Finland
- Spain

The two because it's pretty obivous that they will be up there, probably one of them will be the winner.
I didn't include Norway as I don't see the juries loving this entry tbh. She may get high in the end but I don't think she's a top 5 material at this point.
Israel... unless she really slays on stage the song really failed for me. I can see her being in the right side in the televote easily.
I won't bet for Ukraine as they won't win this time, for me that's a fact already.
And finally, I bet on Spain as I really think this will be big with the juries and who knows, maybe Europe will like it as well as they did with Konstrankta, Salvador or Jamala. If she wins I can really celebrate because at the time I bet it was at 41 euro, which means I would earn around a thousand euros (yeah, I keep dreaming).

Saying that, Sweden is the strongest contender but Finland is there as well, and strong. I think the televote is his, it will all depend on the juries in the end. Sweden will be more or less balanced in both sides I reckon.

Let the Eurovision party continue!

esc87fan

France has risen to #3 in the odds due to the mainly positive buzz over La Zarra's first rehearsal

Mainshow

Veteran
After the short "professional TV clips" of semi 2, :it: surpassed :at: and is #8 in the odds

After the clips (semi 2 participants):

Rising (green update):
:au: #13
:sl: #19
:cy: #22
:pl: #24
:al: #34

Falling (red update):
:at: (#9)
:ge: (#23)
:ee: (#25)

Ezio

Veteran
Italy surpassed Austria already yesterday evening

Romeo

I was convinced Austria could pull a Netta. But after watching the rehearsal I realised my money bet on them was wasted.

Now it’s Sweden, Norway, or France who will win.

I don’t see anyone else having a chance at this point.

I do think that Malta or Azerbaijan could pull off a Moldova 2022 depending on the running order

Top Bottom