21 11.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Took some time to digest Gustaph's surprise win but in the end i think Belgium did the right choice. I was team Chérine all along but i thought the whole staging was pretty chaotic... here with Gustaph it's quite straight to the point, energetic, he seems like a great live singer and the song reminds me of what Jimmy Sommerville did in the 90's, i really dig this kind of music.
This is a really potential grower on me for this season and my favourite ESC2023 track up to date.
I'm in a good mood, let's give it a :7: for now.

Don't know if he's qualifying though, but i wish him nothing but the best.

Ezio

Veteran
This song sounds like the baby of Andy Abraham and Michael Ben David. It's not a beautiful baby.

hijirio

Veteran
Given the 100% televote in the semis this will definitely be in the final. Feel free to come back to me in May

I personally think this is way more jury friendly than televote. (early 90s sounds, gospel inspirations here and there)

The campiness that televoters seek is not quite this.

jatojo

If Belgium had picked Chérine, they would have picked a not particularly good vocalist. So although the song was my favourite, I do understand that it didn't win based on the performance in the Eurosong final - in which the choice of dress etc didn't help her chances either.

HayashiM

Veteran
I loved Gala's live. Could have easily be forgotten by the televote in Liverpool, but the polarising reaction T'Inquiète got here convinces me she would not have been - Gala hits her target audience well. I believe she was the right option to choose and would have pulled more of a Barbara Pravi than of a Roxen.

The Starlings should have gone with Oceanside and they would have won.

Chérine had the best song for me, but the staging just didn't cut it.

This was a pretty good NF (y)

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
As for the winning song, I too thought of What's the Pressure. Not the most groundbreaking event ever, but the staging eventually somewhat sells it. It could borderline Q and surprise us yet again. Probably won't make my after-ESC playlist, but I am bopping when it's on.

:6: points for now.

Yazy

For an attempt where you mix genres to create a feel good and party vibes entry, this sure as hell sounds like the most flat, straight line, background and unnoticeable track that I ever heard.

Its like if I were to go shopping at New Yorker for some shirts and I hear this playing through speakers but I obviously pay no attention to it.

This is a :1:

Iker

Veteran
I am not feeling it at all, I am sorry Belgium. This sounds like a very tired attempt at reintroducing a variety of 90s dance music tinged by a a bit of gospel, house and whatnot. I was never into such music in the first place but in Eurovision-y rendition it is an instant skip.

Personally I find it boring and not particularly memorable, essentially just some background noise. But it's annoying as well (the falsetto ending) that just does not suit it for me. The only redeemable qualities are live backing vocals imho. Gustaph can sing but has no stage presence.

LOL at anyone calling it ballsy. Belgium has done roughly similar style in the past and with much better effect. This mostly brings back some of those forgotten Eurovision 2000-2005 entries that ended mostly near the bottom.

2 points for Belgium for me.

I have just read that he wasn't a favourite to win at all (I didn't follow Belgian preselections) ... uhm.

Last edited:

Brandt

Disappointing after Belgium's past few entries. Very generic with literally no depth. It may see the final if we are getting a really weak year, but otherwise I don't see Belgium anywhere in the final.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Gustaph was on the official Eurovision podcast and he honestly seems so so sweet and genuinely loves Eurovision

simori95

Gustaph was on the official Eurovision podcast and he honestly seems so so sweet and genuinely loves Eurovision
That’s awesome and it means I will be truly sorry when I will actively try to make him stay in the semi.

Top Bottom