11 3.5%

12 3.9%

3 1.0%

5 1.6%

4 1.3%

21 6.8%

• Total voters

Alaska49

i am the happiest of all for her success. she earned it. so much. definitely my favourite of the year after all.

Smudy

''Frans'' of this year. She is slaying chart-wise.

1 Estonia
1 Belgium
2 Sweden
2 Netherlands
3 Poland
4 Slovenia
5 Austria
5 Norway
7 Germany
8 Luxembourg
9 Greece
12 Switzerland
13 Finland
17 Hungary
17 Denmark
18 Lithuania
20 Ireland
20 Ukraine
21 Romania
22 UK
25 Czech Republic
30 France
30 Spain
31 Peru
36 Israel
54 Portugal
77 Australia
84 Italy
96 Latvia
102 Malta - See more at: http://esctracker.com/#sthash.Oi8uMsTQ.dpuf

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Wow ! :eek:
It was a whole new Blanche in the final! I wanted her to qualify from the semi finals, because the performance was so bad, and she was so nervous, so she needed a bit of confidence.. Her performance in the final was stunning! For the first time ever I actually liked 'City Lights' ! :eek:
A very well deserved result ! :D

Ezio

Veteran
Belgium is a hero of our times.

Edward

Was good to finally see a more confident performance from her tonight. Or was it now? Can't read her Belgian poker face.

Great result for Belgium yet again, anyway.

Geborgenheit

Belgium has won in Latvian televoting - I'm so happy, because I've voted for Belgium too.

Preuss

I'm so happy that Blance did so well - my last vote went to her last night.

genreJake09

it was always going to do well in the final, you can see why it was so popular before the contest. the staging reminds me a little bit of sanna nielson in 2014

DanielLuis

I voted for Belgium last night :D Should have been top 3!
Blanche's performance was great, so so much better than in the semi-final and in the rehearsals! I am very glad the Portuguese people rewarded her with 10 points in the televoting!
I was genuinely happy for Blanche's smile when she saw Belgium's televote score, it made my heart melt xlove

Stiven

I voted for Belgium last night :D Should have been top 3!
Blanche's performance was great, so so much better than in the semi-final and in the rehearsals! I am very glad the Portuguese people rewarded her with 10 points in the televoting!
I was genuinely happy for Blanche's smile when she saw Belgium's televote score, it made my heart melt xlove

Me too I originally planed to only vote for Portugal, but her improvement impressed me so much that I just had to vote for her.
Anyway I hope the Belgians are happy going from a predicted NQ at the start of rehearsals to another deserved top 5 placing (should have been top 3 Imo).

A-lister

Veteran
Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand... Thank you to the public to prove who is on the right side of history.

ParadiseES

Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand...

Maybe because the live performance was terrible and awkward?

DanielLuis

Quite astonishing that one of the more current, unique and frankly best entries wouldn't even have qualified to the finals if it was up for the so called "experts" in the juries, apparently the meaningless wailfest of Georgia amongst other inferior entries were better than this gem. Again why do we have juries? I will never understand... Thank you to the public to prove who is on the right side of history.

Well let's not ignore the fact that she rated much better with the juries in the final, 9th place. The semi-final result was obviously because her live performance was much weaker in that jury rehearsal, as was reported.

A-lister

Veteran
Maybe because the live performance was terrible and awkward?

I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. Singing and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.

ParadiseES

I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. SInging and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.

It is not a pure wailing contest.
I don't deny the qualities of the song. But to see them it's needed a proper performance and I just felt so fear and awkwardness from it that I couldn't see any of the qualities I used to see in the studio versión.
It's a live contest and in the end it got a 4th place after a much better performance in the final.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I didn't know this was a pure wailing contest? But apparently Georgia and Czech, two of the least memorable or current entries, were better than an actual current and somewhat original pop song? The juries prove that they are clueless, I mean if they are only put to judge vocals, then why not turn this into European American Idol, let the singers sing karaoke, why spend time on finding original songs when it's apparent it doesn't matter in the end? Someone wailing the telephone catalogue would still get more jury points than something actually interesting. Singing and performances do matter, but this is a song contest first and foremost with the concept to find the best song, not just another lame "talent show", people are surely brainwashed with The Voice and other crap shows, it's a shame that Eurovision is no longer about the songs.

Performance level is a big part of the scoring. And her performance in the jury show was not good. Tamara was excellent, despite the not great song. Also, current doesn't = good. Juries shouldn't award points for just that reason.

Thankfully in the final she put on a fantastic performance and deserved her position.

A-lister

Veteran
It is not a pure wailing contest.
I don't deny the qualities of the song. But to see them it's needed a proper performance and I just felt so fear and awkwardness from it that I couldn't see any of the qualities I used to see in the studio versión.
It's a live contest and in the end it got a 4th place after a much better performance in the final.

Still though juries completely ignores the whole "song" aspect and it's scary when pure crap songs are hailed because they got a wailer for three minutes where's actually good songs get sacked because the singer was not on top, again should we treat it as singing talent show or a song contest? Last I checked the latter was the actual purpose.

Also speaking of awkward performance, hello Portugal "I am such an artist so I will look stoned and nonchalant for three minutes because that's genuine"...

A-lister

Veteran
Performance level is a big part of the scoring. And her performance in the jury show was not good. Tamara was excellent, despite the not great song. Also, current doesn't = good. Juries shouldn't award points for just that reason.

Thankfully in the final she put on a fantastic performance and deserved her position.

Performance is important, but if we ignore the songs in a song contest and only praise performances, then we can quit this whole contest. There is a real credibility issue in a song contest where good songs get dissed and a turd can qualify just because the singer fits the American Idol formula.

Top Bottom