17 5.4%

5 1.6%

5 1.6%

6 1.9%

7 2.2%

22 6.9%

• Total voters

Odalis

I guess i was one of very few people who loved Loic right from the start when he was announced, loved his voice, his charisma, i was expecting something wonderful from him and he didn't let me down, ESC-wise this song is a breakthrough.
When songs like that (plus Latvia) start bombing Top-10 every year we can finally say the new era is here, the era of fresh and modern ESC with no relics and outdated stuff.
Loic. Please come back soon. Please release an album. Please win the Eurovision Song Contest one day x12sxheat

Tristran

Wooooow, just got back from Vienna, and what a crazy week it was! Simply awesome to see and feel the hype around Rhythm Inside build up from 'This will probably qualify' before semi 1 to 'This could and should win the whole contest'. :) Thank you Europe for your support and votes! xkiss

What an amazing effort from someone who's just 19 years old, but already has such a clear vision of what kind of music he wants to create! :cool: A shame Belgium couldn't really threaten the top 3 in the final, but I'm hoping our 4th place will have a positive impact on the number of new and original entries in the years to come, and have the general audience here and artists in Belgium take the contest more seriously (crossing my fingers for a similar effect Anouk had in The Netherlands), maybe then Belgium can come up with another surprise contender like Loïc sooner rather than later. ;)

As for Loïc himself, I REALLY hope he makes it big time in the near future. Such an amazing talent, already looking forward to his first album! :cool:

Krishoes

He deserved a place in the top 3! I voted for him, good job Loic!!! I hope he will achieve a great success in his homeland (and why not, Europe and the world!)

southernstars

I had to distribute my votes because I had many favourites, but Loïc received four from me xheart Loved the song from the beginning and I was so impressed with his stage performance. I really hope he releases an album soon, this is the kind of music I love. And it's also the kind of music that many Australians love (hence why we voted for him AND Latvia in our top ten). Was really cool seeing Belgium & Australia neck and neck and receiving similar votes! I guess they DID perform one after the other.

Be proud, Loïc! This is only the beginning.

DannyDS

omg I was so excited xcheer xcheer xcheer

So happy we finished in the top 5 :D :D :D

However, VRT's selection for next year scares me :lol: We're back to a national final. 5 artists this time.

I hope they will finally care more about the songs than the frikkin' ratings. :? :? :?

Pawhlen

I really must say congratulations for the 4th place :)

if you exclude 2003, this is the first time since your victory in 1986 that you are top 5 again, and it was well deserved. Let´s hope the Flemish broadcaster can continue on the same pattern next year xup

GRE

Producers destroyed this entry, by puting it after Australia.
It could have done better after a ballad.

Sammy

Veteran
Belgium sent something fresh, not typical eurovision and got rewarded! Well deserved!

tuorem

Time for me to review the Belgian entry this year :D

Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside

Song: The inconsistency I feel about Belgium in Eurovision is imo due to the fact that there are two broadcasters in for the game. As a result, one could have one very interesting entry and then a completely anonymous one the year after. For me, RTBF seems to be much more creative than VRT these last years, and this shows through "Rhythm Inside" as well. It's a modern, out-of-the-box piece of music and it's very refreshing to have songs like these in the contest. The arrangements are refined: electronic sounds and backing voices do the job, I like that there is a lot of "space" and silence in the song. The "rapabap" part is most probably the most obvious hook of the whole song, the verses are ok and the chorus is not that strong imo, it would fit better in a rock song tbh :lol: But overall, the song stands out for what it is: something current-sounding and unconventional. Kudos to Belgium for sending such an entry.

Voice: I'm not too fond of Loïc's voice, actually I would have preferred a deeper voice for this song. Nonetheless, I think he sold it well, the final performance was much better than the semi one. And his English accent is pretty good compared to previous French-speaking contestants (Roberto, if you hear me :lol:).

Staging: Interesting staging all white and black. Nothing distracting from the song, the dance routine is unusual too but I guess it works. Best Belgian staging since like forever imo, it emphasizes the untypicalness of the act without looking weird at all.

Outcome: I expected a good result in the final, yet I was surprised it sneaked in the top 5. I'm glad people liked it, it deserved it. So congratulations Belgium! The song is out of my personal top 10 because I'm still not accustomed to the song. The first time I listened to it, I didn't know what to think of it, then I liked it better the second time so perhaps it'll be a grower, but for now it's not part of my favourite songs. I don't know if I should look forward to your next entry since VRT will choose it and I've always been very underwhelmed by what they came up with, it's too safe for my taste. But who knows? Maybe they'll want to compete against RTBF and send a good song.

toinou03

^
What a weird video ! :eek:

But I believe he's preparing a releasing of his song in France, as he'll be in Dancing with the stars very soon :)

toinou03

Loïc is in the final of Dancing with the Stars France ! :eek:
I hope it's the beginning of a success in France ! :)

toinou03

OMG ! Loïc won Dancing with the stars ! :eek:

He's the 6th winner. He follows 4 singers (M.Pokora, Shy'm, Emmanuel Moire & Alizée) and 1 teen-idol actor (Rayane Bensetti).
That's a real performance for someone that was completely unknown here !

nunaney

I don't blame you, Rainywoods. His voice truly was awful in some of those covers but it's bearable in Rhythm Inside. I love his song but I doubt I'll ever want to listen to a whole album of his.

It's funny to come back to this post now. I didn't just listen to a whole album of his, I actually bought it. It's only the second album by a Eurovision artist that I actually bought (don't ask me who the first one was :oops:)

I remember hating his voice and not being impressed with the preview of the song. But now I love Loic so much and Rhythm Inside is still my favorite ESC song of the decade, so far. Let's see if anything in 2018 can beat it.

Top Bottom