5 1.6%

6 1.9%

7 2.2%

22 6.9%

• Total voters

Grinch

dcs34

VRT will surely not choose him.

Why not? Going from one of your worst performances to one of your best is pretty much entirely due to him and the effort he put in to it, which really showed on stage (well, and his English backing singers...:cool:)

Is there a reason they can't pick him? I'm not entirely sure how the entry is picked in Belgium, is it broadcaster pick like the BBC in the UK?

popavapeur

[MENTION=13343]dcs34[/MENTION] Cause Belgium have 2 broadcasters : RTBF and VRT. They switch each year. This year was RTBF turn, so next year it's VRT.
And if you don't know why we have 2 broadcasters for ESC is that cause our country is split in 2 mains languages : French and Dutch. It's hard to see the VRT (Dutch) taking someone already chosen by the RTBF (French). VRT will most likely to prove they can do it by themselves with their own singer.

dcs34

[MENTION=13343]dcs34[/MENTION] Cause Belgium have 2 broadcasters : RTBF and VRT. They switch each year. This year was RTBF turn, so next year it's VRT.
And if you don't know why we have 2 broadcasters for ESC is that cause our country is split in 2 mains languages : French and Dutch. It's hard to see the VRT (Dutch) taking someone already chosen by the RTBF (French). VRT will most likely to prove they can do it by themselves with their own singer.

Ah I figured it was because of the language/culture split, but wasn't sure! Both time's I've been to Belgium that was one of the main things I picked up on!

Surely for VRT the greater triumph would be to send him again, and this time win? ;)

At least have him as your spokesperson for the voting! Because if you don't, then I have no choice but to go petition the BBC...

musicfan

One of the few genuine winners this year, as it wasn't some overhyped cliche style.

FilipFromSweden

I vote every year, and Sweden hasn't given a single point to the songs I've voted for since 2010, so it was nice to see my vote to :be: supported the :10: from :se: :D

TMZ

Loved his performance. His spin was so much better than during the semis.

Mixed feelings about that 4th place. Yes, it's our best result since 2003 and since the introduction of the semi-finals. But still... I feel this song/performance was so much more sincere (can't find a better word) than the the first 3. But oh well, we can be very proud of him! He did an amazing job.

Thans to everyone that voted for us! Very much appreciated xhug

toinou03

Found on Twitter :

Marie-Claude Pietragalla, who is the most famous classical dancer in France, and one of the most important dancer/choreographer in the world said she was impressed by Loïc dancing abilities and choreography. xbow

busybee

Many congrats to Belgium! You presented an excellent show with a good song and a very sweet, talented singer.

You deserved every point you got xheart

Terence

Well done to Loic and the entire Belgian team! I didn't think :be: could go that far with this one!
A fresh sound and performance! Positive feedback from all of us watching the contest at my place. Way to go Belgium!

Romeo

Belgium won me a bit of money last night, I had them e/w and Russia, I won about £135 including the £50 for Serbia making the top 10

So Thank you :D

Kairit

Congrats to Belgium and Loic! xlove Voted three times for it and once for Italy. Feels like Europe is capable of accepting, appreciating and enjoying more different and modern entries like this and Latvia, which I'm very glad about. Even though I had an argument yesterday with my sister how Eurovision entries should all be mainstream. They really shouldn't. I hope countries feel more and more encouraged to send more different and I guess, bolder or whatever entries like those whilst still bringing lots of quality. Belgium and Latvia certainly nailed it this year. :)

TMZ

Congrats to Belgium and Loic! xlove Voted three times for it and once for Italy. Feels like Europe is capable of accepting, appreciating and enjoying more different and modern entries like this and Latvia, which I'm very glad about. Even though I had an argument yesterday with my sister how Eurovision entries should all be mainstream. They really shouldn't. I hope countries feel more and more encouraged to send more different and I guess, bolder or whatever entries like those whilst still bringing lots of quality. Belgium and Latvia certainly nailed it this year. :)
I completely agree. And Loïc too by the way. He said that an artist should pick the song and style he wants, no matter if it's different or modern... It can turn out bad or good but at least try. We need this variety. Especially when it's high quality.

Milos-BC

Really happy that this did so well. It was among my favorites from the very start! Superb live performance, one of the best on this year's ESC. Well done :be: :D

Top Bottom