5 2.8%

8 4.5%

10 5.6%

39 21.8%

• Total voters

MyHeartIsYours

Re: ???????? - Belarus 2011

They should sing in Belorussian... their English is terrible! :lol:
Nah I think a country should sing in whichever language they feel fits the song, I don't believe singing in English gives anyone much of an advantage.

panakos

Banned

AlekS said:
^ if there's no point then why did you make such generalizing about Belarusian language? :?
Near 5-6 million people know that langauge - doesn't look like it's dying :roll:

In any case the next entry will be in English or Russian. Most def in English because of recent ESC (and non ESC) relationships with Russia.
ähm sorry for the off-topic but I'd like to reply to the first part

I believe the case is the same as in Britain
They say that almost 2 million people speak Scots and Scottish Gaelic but I have never heard anyone speaking either of them.
I have been in Edinburgh for 3 days. I saw several street signs but that's all.

MyHeartIsYours

^ You need to go to the highlands, not the cities to hear it. :)
And there is no way 2 million speakers!!! :lol: :lol: More like thousands. ;) :)

AlekS

Veteran

all my Belarusian friends speak Belarusian xshrug
even the president of Belarus knows and speaks Belarusian (even though he's pro-Russia).
I don't care if Scots (or someone else) don't speak their language - the main thing is that they know it.
I haven't spoken Ukrainian (but I learnt it in the same time with Russian) until I entered the uni. Right now I use both of them equally, maybe even more Ukrainian.

94ayd

You used to use Russian more. That's so sad. :( I just can't imagine this because the situation here is so different. We have only Bulgarian, and Turkish, of course, but that's maybe 10% of the population... We're so unified in the language at least. Well, as a matter of fact, I've read that Russian prevails in Belarus compared to Belarusian. They haven't even sent a song in Belarusian to JESC if I'm not wrong... :cry:

AlekS

Veteran

^ I live in Russian-speaking area (well, it was founded by Russians, Jews and Ukrainians). Our country is quite young and we were oppressed way many times. Of course Stalin rusificated Ukraine, the next president canceled that but the real blossom of Ukrainian culture happened when we became independent, imo.
In Belarus' this process hasn't happened yet but they still managed to save their language. Btw, Dakota sang a song in Belarusian on the NF.

94ayd

Ooh! Which year? Yes, I know that the eastern parts of Ukraine have a majority of Russian speakers. :| I hope that process occurs in Belarus, someday. :lol: I guess we've got to get rid of that president first... :lol: If Russian wasn't an official language, I guess it'd be better.

AlekS

Veteran

^ 2009, "???? ???????", she sang it solo. Though her vocals were way beyond horrible as a solo and with Litesound.

AlekS

Veteran

no, she sang in a duo with them and as a solo.
The jury didn't let her song in Belarusian to the final ("surprise" :lol: )
Litesound & Dakota finished 3rd in the final.

sharkan

94ayd said:
PS Agree on the vocals but Petr was terrible, too, at first, that is. :lol:

I think that 'Eyes that never lie' (together with 'Work your magic') is the best song from Belarus in ESC. Very very underrated. For me Elfimov was the best male singer in Moscow [I don't talk about his image :p]

MyHeartIsYours

Imo Work Your Magic was the only good Belarus song... I actually thought that it might win. Also Koldun is a hottie!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Milos-BC

I think 2004 was the best one, closely followed by 2007 :cool:

ParadiseES

MyHeartIsYours said:
Imo Work Your Magic was the only good Belarus song... I actually thought that it might win. Also Koldun is a hottie!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Agree 100% :mrgreen:
And 2004 was painful for me, horrible, gives me nightmares. Probably my least favourite entry this decade with Krassimir... :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
Re: БЕЛАРУСЬ - Belarus 2011

Koldun isn't for my tatse cuz I've been dating better guys :*) Judging from everything it was his last time.

Anyway, Belarus' is officially in.
BTRC will be responsible for choosing 2011 entry.
They will save 2010 system, any channel can apply "their" performer(s).

AlekS

Veteran

Meanwhile the Music Court has already started. Imho, it's safe to say that the winner or its performer will be applied by ONT channel. Still it doesn't guarantee that this entry will be chosen :)

Look at 2 previous shows. All videos can be found here: http://ont.by/projects/projects/sud3/

Here are 2 songs from the upcoming rounds (yes, Gyunesh is in)
Lena Voloshina - It's Over

Gyunesh - Lady Emerald

A-lister

Veteran

I still hope for Byanka, as i've done every year in a while now :mrgreen:

A.B.

Meanwhile the Music Court has already started. Imho, it's safe to say that the winner or its performer will be applied by ONT channel. Still it doesn't guarantee that this entry will be chosen :)

Look at 2 previous shows. All videos can be found here: http://ont.by/projects/projects/sud3/

Here are 2 songs from the upcoming rounds (yes, Gyunesh is in)
Lena Voloshina - It's Over

Gyunesh - Lady Emerald

LOL! @ Lady Emerald

Top Bottom