Contact us

AZERBAYCAN - Azerbaijan 2010 - Safura Alizadeh - Drip Drop

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Isabella

Re: AZ?RBAYCAN - Azerbaijan 2010 - Safura Alizadeh - Drip Drop

PashonFrut said:
Dear friends, now that esc season is over I have to take my usual eurovision break :cool: I had lots of fun this year with you guys, hope to see you here next year as well !

Bye everyone! :p

Bye PashonFrut, I had lots of fun too, it wouldn't be so good and fun without you ;)
Greets and can't wait for the next year xkiss

teroh

They already bring out a new song, just 2 days after ESC? :shock: That's fast... have to admit that the song is better than Drip Drop.

Lena won't bring out a new song any time soon. But she has already brought out a complete album of course, which will very soon be released in many European countries (but I guess not in the Eastern countries, since she didn't get too many points from there).

By the way, thank you Azerbaijan for 1 point :) (I expected zero, like from Armenia and Georgia, and with those I was right :roll: )

I was actually surprised that you got 0 from Germany. Drip Drop was played on German radio channels some days prior to the ESC final, but whenever they played it they always added that this would be Lena's toughest competitor, so maybe most Germans knew that Safura was a big favorite and therefore didn't call for her on purpose, I don't know.
As for the jury, I knew that you would not get anything from Germany. The head of the German jury (Hape Kerkeling) said in public that he thinks Drip Drop to be a very overrated song.

wittgenstein

i actually felt sorry for safura with all that pressure. i hope she can handle it poor girl.

Milos-BC

Well, she was surely better than in the semi, and 5th place is a pretty good placement. She just wasn't good enough to win. I was never fond of this entry too much, but I like it more now, I think.

Galandar

Azerbaijan announces budget for preparation to Eurovision 2010

Head of the Azerbaijani delegation at the Eurovision 2010 contest dismisses rumors spread by Russian mass media.

"Do not believe Russian media who write about 10 millions of spending for preparation to Eurovision 2010 contest. Our budget was just AZN 1,560,000 (1 AZN is slightly less than 1 Euro). It included expenses for national semifinal and final as well as promotion tours and video clip. We had 3 sponsors. One of them is SOCAR and two other sponsors did not want their names to be declared", said Adil Kerimli.

The head of the Azerbaijani delegation in Eurovision 2010 also spoke on the expenses for Safura's album.
"The Safura's European album was not included into the budget, its release was conducted by European producers who saw a potential and started to cooperate with her", said Kerimli.

03 June 2010
/1news.az/

teroh

I feel a bit sorry for Safura, too (but not for her team and management - they were just way too arrogant!)
2nd or 3rd place would have been okay and deserved.

I guess this is the first time in many years that the #1 bookies favorite fails to reach the top 3.

So we have seen that the bookmakers can definitely be mistaken! Who would have seen Romania on #3? Certainly not me.

But at least, the three Azerbaijani entries are in the correct order now. The first entry 2 years ago was the worst (#8), last year was perfect (#3) and this year was in the middle of those two (#5).

94ayd

I prefer these year's to last year's but never mind... By the way, is it only me that feels like doing (and does :lol: ) the hand thing every time Safura does it?! :lol:

wittgenstein

this is one of the only songs that has grown on me, how strange, before the semis azerbaijan was my no 25. now its top 10!

Israeliboy

Safura had good performance, congrats for place in top5 Azerbaijan :-)Goodluck next year! It was my family choice!

Margerita86

StellaStai said:
What to belive in.. Maybe Armenia told us the truth last year....

http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/20 ... -cheating/
There is a thing called innocent until proven guilty, if EBU investigates and finds them guilty then they should not be in whichever German city hosts next year. But somehow I think this rumour was started in Armenia or by an armenian.

Safura's result at nr.5 is fair especialy since her performance was not so good.

AlekS

Veteran

This is NOT true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omar Arfush is the brother of Valid Arfush (1st vice president of Ukrainian broadcaster who was in our jury)

he's not Syrian but Lebanese ))))))

Ukraine gave Azerbaijan 12 pts so all of this doesn't make sense.

Sorry for breaking someone's "hopes".

ps. here's the original article: http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/articl ... fouch.html
someone translated it wrong and tried to make ESC sensation :lol:

LadyKiller

Banned

teroh said:
But at least, the three Azerbaijani entries are in the correct order now. The first entry 2 years ago was the worst (#8), last year was perfect (#3) and this year was in the middle of those two (#5).

WOT? How dare you call Elnur & Samir the worst?
SOOC OXO oOX xjason
violent-smiley-046.gif
violent-smiley-010.gif

Just kidding! :lol:

imno12u

LadyKiller said:
teroh said:

WOT? How dare you call Elnur & Samir the worst?
SOOC OXO oOX xjason
violent-smiley-046.gif
violent-smiley-010.gif

Just kidding! :lol:

I hear you, LadyKiller. Elnur and Samir's "Day After Day" is my favourite Azeri entry and one of my favourite 2008 entries

teroh

Good news for Safura: "Drip Drop" enters the German single charts on # 26 (despite 0 points from Germany)

ParadiseES

Good luck to Safura in her exams for university! :)

ParadiseES

Don't know, I just saw a link on facebook :lol:

I think she's doing the exams to pass from high school to university...

Top Bottom