1 1.4%

1 1.4%

4 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Bakinka

Rauf & Faik participated in the selection the year before last, but didn't win. Their new song is amazing.

Loindici

Veteran
BTW enlight me, is Eldar the new/current HoD?

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
The new system won't help Azerbaijan in the years to come. The jury has almost always loved them but the televote did not really click. They need some charm to their entries, although I am not sure what would be the "thing". I thought Efendi's Mata Hari was the peak of what Azerbaijan could do -- a modern pop song with some ethnic elements, and Efendi is a great singer. I was utterly shocked when she ended badly in the final.

Mainshow

Veteran
The new system won't help Azerbaijan in the years to come. The jury has almost always loved them but the televote did not really click. They need some charm to their entries, although I am not sure what would be the "thing". I thought Efendi's Mata Hari was the peak of what Azerbaijan could do -- a modern pop song with some ethnic elements, and Efendi is a great singer. I was utterly shocked when she ended badly in the final.

"Mata Hari" was my personal #1 but the performance wasn't the best what you could have done with the song (regarding attracting the public, imo) and 2021 was a year in which we saw many (ethno-influenced) female pop songs. The final was quite up-tempo driven as well. I think that it also depends on the competing entries, e.g. look at :sm: :il: :az: :cy: :ru: :rs: and we also got :mt: :gr: :md: - I honestly can't remember a year with so many up-tempo female pop songs since the 00's, tbh and none of them lived up their hype (maybe :gr: and :ru: for finishing lower Top 10, though).

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
"Mata Hari" was my personal #1 but the performance wasn't the best what you could have done with the song (regarding attracting the public, imo) and 2021 was a year in which we saw many (ethno-influenced) female pop songs. The final was quite up-tempo driven as well. I think that it also depends on the competing entries, e.g. look at :sm: :il: :az: :cy: :ru: :rs: and we also got :mt: :gr: :md: - I honestly can't remember a year with so many up-tempo female pop songs since the 00's, tbh and none of them lived up their hype (maybe :gr: and :ru: for finishing lower Top 10, though).
Fair enough. Never noticed how many uptempo female pop songs we had that year. The running order helped her quite a lot but I guess that was just not the right year for her.

Chalphon

njdevils94

Veteran
Lala Zeynallı's song sounds promising assuming it isn't changed to English.

More rumored names below

Looren

Veteran
Here is some news regarding Azerbaijan's national selection.

And we have their identity :

1. Aisel
2. Alesker
3. Edgar Ravinov
4. Emy Lia
5. Əmrah Musayev
6. Fahree
7. İlkin Dövlətov & Mila Miles & Etibar Əsədli
8. Lexa
9. Mari
10. Qorqud
11. Rahib Mirzəyev & Tofiq Yadigar