3 2.5%

13 10.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

simori95

The Black Mamba qualified with very strong televote support in 2021 and they had a laid back, languid vibe that is very similar to Azerbaijan this year.
I don’t remember them being popular with the eurofans either.
There is usually one “surprise” qualifier and I’m really hoping it is TuralTuranX this year!
Didn’t LIOMS rapidly rise in the odds as well as the favors of Eurofans as soon as the staging was shown in the rehearsal clips? Ngl, I personally suspect that the staging saved them A LOT and now it’s up to the twins to find something equally elevating

SAYAY

SF1 is definitely a tough one. If we are to take the current odds per 02/05/2023 into consideration, the current countries will most likely qualify: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Israel, Czechia, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland, Portugal and (much to my dismay) Croatia. And I do think that could end up being the "correct answer sheet" since we no longer have the juries in the semi finals and its up to the people. But I dont want to rule out neither Azerbaijan, Malta and even Ireland quite yet. I think a good live performance could maybe save at least one of them, but it depends on what all the other people outside the "big Eurovision bubble" who will be watching it for the first time wants and likes I think. It will be exciting either way! :giggle:

SAYAY

Now that I have seen the rehearsal footage, I think I sadly must admit that my optimism regarding Ireland and Azerbaijan have started to fade. But it is also tricky to judge anything based on 15 seconds ish of released footage, and the way I see it rehearsals are just that - rehearsals. And they exist so that artists have time to get to know the stage and for improvements to be made. I was not even impressed by the footage of the big favorites like say Sweden and Norway, but I know changes will be made and the first rehearsals does not necessarily mean to be perfect since they can use the experience from those to improve.

For me nothing is really written in stone until the night of the semi finals and the final though, so we will see. And semi final 1 is without a doubt the toughest one, and I am sure no matter what the results may be, neither Ireland or Azerbaijan should have any reason to feel disappointed. The boys seem like very lovely lads, and they brought something a bit different this year and I applaud them for giving their own, local songwriters a chance instead of leaning on Swedish ones, and I hope a possible NQ will not stop them from doing it in the future either. "Day after day" for example was a brilliant entry, so they have proved before they can do without the Swedish help and I know they can do it again :love:

Unfortunately, it's the entry alongside with Romania's Theodor that I don't like at all this year and whenever these songs pop up in my spotify playlist, I constantly move to the next one. However, I must admit that I really like the snippet of the rehearsal of Azerbaijan as well as the outfits of TuralTuranX. I cannot see them qualifying in the Grand Final though.

empo21

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran

midnightsun

Veteran
I think this is amazing. No matter what their reason is, they clearly want to show they are ready for a change. United by music. And they have my dearest respect. Even if it was staged or vote grabbing or whatever (which I don’t believe) - they are not afraid to admit it in public and this means a lot of courage.

JenJen94

HayashiM

Veteran
AZ will get some votes from me tonight as well. They are My No. 2 afterall! Sadly not many like this wonderful song, but it is mesmerizing!
Sadly I will only be able to watch the first semi tomorrow from a replay and will try to avoid any possible spoilers, but if I manage to catch the lines open straight in the app, a big chunk of my votes will go to :az: as well. :)

Milos-BC

I heard the song a lot of times by now and I still didn't memorize anything. It isn't bad but it doesn't leave an impression (on me at least). I usually like songs from :az: but this one didn't grab me at all, sadly.

3 points.

Fluke

Aww, i so wanted them in the final! My one disappointment today. Hope they can still get lots of fans from this...

Top Bottom