3 2.5%

13 10.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Semra

I can reveal that I am a "she" and a bit older than most you guys and girls. ;)

Dear I ask what age most people are in here? I mean, in general / median age - I'll not be doing a headcount of you all :p I already revealed mine so... (woman 40's). If so many people in here are young I guess that's a good sign for Eurovision and the future.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I feel like the assignment given was Eurovision 2023 national final Beatles tribute medley but make it an entry.

I honestly don't know what to think. There's a bit of an aw bless aspect to it but the song is kind of disjointed, the rap is a why? moment, and vocally I don't think this pair are suited very well to such a song. It's sweet but all just a bit plain for what it is.

Very bizarre internal choice from Azerbaijan to be honest. I feel as though they've been keeping an eye on what other people were doing, noticed the 872 Beatles tributes during the NFs and realised we had not a song yet that capitalises on their sound, and then here we are. Some jumbled together seemingly at the last minute britpop for Azerbaijan.

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
I feel like the assignment given was Eurovision 2023 national final Beatles tribute medley but make it an entry.

I honestly don't know what to think. There's a bit of an aw bless aspect to it but the song is kind of disjointed, the rap is a why? moment, and vocally I don't think this pair are suited very well to such a song. It's sweet but all just a bit plain for what it is.

Very bizarre internal choice from Azerbaijan to be honest. I feel as though they've been keeping an eye on what other people were doing, noticed the 872 Beatles tributes during the NFs and realised we had not a song yet that capitalises on their sound, and then here we are. Some jumbled together seemingly at the last minute britpop for Azerbaijan.
Exactly my point. I'll just add it looks like :az:, possibly for the first time, do not really care about qualifying this year. Maybe to prove that they were right since the beginning to buy Swedish songs rather than capitalizing on homemade talents?

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Someone said on this topic "charming" and i have to say i feel the same about this song. It's not competitive at all in their semi, the rap part is a bit out of tune but i find the whole package quite pleasant, the instrumental give such indie rock feels to it. And at least, the azerbaijani delegation shows that they wanna change things, or at least experiment.
Not at all my favourite track of season in and out, but this will be a bit of fresh air in their semi between all these big-pumped tunes.

:7:

IDK. It's really nice of them that they wanted to give an hommage to Liverpool and the Beatles as a cradle of all pop and rock music.

Dora2023 had had a similar entry, the band Splitters. The Croats thought it was a non-event. They hadn't been wrong.

I don't like this type of old pop rock. But we have Ireland and I believe UK voting in this semi 1, so they might get some votes.

But on the other side, it's in 2nd half of semi 1 where all big beasts compete to win not that semi, but the whole thing (Switzerland aside haha). Therefore, rather NQ than Q.

However, if this hits off radioplay until May 9th, and it could for real, that could be a game changer for this entry.

Brandt

With a lovely stage performance, this song can really stand out. Running order will be an important detail as well, but yeah.

ollibox

Nice to meet you too. I'm sure there are many more of us (hidden ahaha). I can imagine ESC being a good & uplifting hobby for pensioners as well :)
:love:
Nice to meet you all! :giggle:
Catching my 40 in May, few days after the Final. Usually have the ESC final or a semi-final as a birthday gift :D
Male, so not in the club in that part :sneaky:

Deleted member 12761

I don't know how I feel about this song. It's not bad and like other members said it's charming but maybe not competitive enough. SF1 is strong but I think they're not completely chanceless. I gave it :5: points. It's nice.

Anthony Tesla

I... don't hate this.

It does have a indie rock/power pop from the late 90's or early 2000's and I grew up with that so I'm very biased for this sound.

Honestly? Some say is a li'l disjointed, but I actually think it's well-crafted and put together.

Can't say it's my favorite now, but I've got the terrible feeling it will end up being there. It's cheesy, but it's my kind of cheesy XD

7 points.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Maybe to prove that they were right since the beginning to buy Swedish songs rather than capitalizing on homemade talents?

It feels like this... it's not exclusively to Swedish songs, but i'd not support the justification that songs from international teams are always better than local talent.

mercachita

6 points for me. I liked it. Although it lacks so many things that this could be pure gold, and it's not… It's far to be that amazing thing that could be. It's a pity because I could see this having that momentum in my heart.

I feel this is the Disko of the year. I could be totally wrong, but I can't see this qualifying!

Top Bottom