Loindici

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
Sevil & Sevinch >>>>>>>>>>> Turan & Tural

Mainshow

Veteran
Interesting and unexpected choice.

I'll wait for thr song to judge. I expect a laid-back indie-pop track with 3 instruments maximum.

hijirio

Veteran
this is the first time in ESC history that a country failed to qualify before they release the entry

crashworld

Veteran
They've been in a flop era ever since importing generic Swedish pop became not enough to standout at Eurovision, so like nearly 10 years ago. Finally they're trying something authentic and different

Their qualification rate is still one of the best so far with only 1 NQ (and it's a borderline NQ) although their grand final results have been lacklustre. I am just thinking if they are going to NQ this time as last year they got one of the worst televoting results ever and would have NQ if the juries didn't save them. But of course, I am just joking since the song has yet been released.

gigi_copp3

I don't feel good for them; SF1 is really, really strong.
We don't know Azerbaijan and Georgia's songs, but it would be funny if all the countries involved in the jury cheating last year, NQ this year (because Romania, Poland and San Marino have likely 0 chances and Montenegro has retired)

shameless

Their qualification rate is still one of the best so far with only 1 NQ (and it's a borderline NQ) although their grand final results have been lacklustre. I am just thinking if they are going to NQ this time as last year they got one of the worst televoting results ever and would have NQ if the juries didn't save them. But of course, I am just joking since the song has yet been released.
I think now that there are no more juries there are going to be a lot of NQs ahead of them if they don't step up their game. Ironically juries where invented because everyone was complaning about too many former soviet-or yugo-states competing but I am sure AZ was benefitting the most from it.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think now that there are no more juries there are going to be a lot of NQs ahead of them if they don't step up their game. Ironically juries where invented because everyone was complaning about too many former soviet-or yugo-states competing but I am sure AZ was benefitting the most from it.

The decision to introduce juries had been based on a very Western eurocentric view.
Eastern European entries had been way more progressive, joyful, competitive and entertaining in the 00's.

It could have resulted in a self-fulffiling prophecy, though, since most Central and Western European countries stepped up their game (to improve the "professional" juries, maybe thinking they got a shot).

Mainshow

Veteran
Why do you already count Azerbaijan out? Based on their look? That is sad.. :(

Yeah. It doesn't make sense to rank them without knowing their song. Just look at Austria.

Even the first snippet sounded like the epitome of trash and in the end, it has become a hot fan favourite all of a sudden.

At least, Azerbaijan is trying something new and fresh.
Who knows maybe it will be a charming, nerdy and laiback tune... the first semi is full of bops and energetic songs... a slower track might even shine

midnightsun

Veteran
I believe in Azerbaijan!!! :love:

In fact I loved almost all of their songs a lot since their first participation. Fade to black was in my top 3 last year as well as some other unpopular songs of them in the past.

Top Bottom