Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
That dance came to India through Arabic conquests.. :)
sis khsdflhksdghlshlgs i honestly appreciate your BOLDNESS to say this in front of everyone.
PLEASE NEVER CHANGE ! HAHAHSLSDHLGDSLHKGSHD

and if you want to ask me anything, including the reason why i leave a certain reaction on one of your posts, I'm a PM away, you can always ask me. I think we shouldn't SPAM threads with our two-way conversations, as it goes against the forum rules, but luckily the mods are tolerating it to some extent. ;)

Nicfedy

I liked Cleopatra but this is not great, Mata Hari, wtf. Did badly in 1976.

Mrm

Veteran
I'm sorry, I think I made a mistake..It really is indian hand dance/choreography..I read smth about Arabc influences and i think now I mixd smth..
Still don't see the reason to be laughed, bullied or smth.. I like nice conversation and I am always open to learn smth new, be corrected by somebody who knows smth better, really don't have a problem with that.. :)
And I don't need to ask in PM, it was the normal conversation with some connections to the entry and the thead, you are welcome to answer and you are also totally welcome not to answer.. :)

DanielLuis

Not gonna lie, I felt pretty underwhelmed after the first listen. Seemed like a watered down version of "Cleopatra". Not as impactful to the ear.
But after two or three listens I'm bopping hard to this! The ethnic bridge and the chaos of the last 30 seconds is just amazing!
Thankfully 99% of the viewers in may won't have heard "Cleopatra" before and won't make the same comparison as I did on their first impression.

theditz83

Veteran
Speaking of movement - I get that Efendi is going for a certain mood here, but does anyone else get the impression from the music video that this performance will be more static that the song might suggest. The moves seem quite basic, and don't really inspire me much. Anyone else feeling like this?

I'm not saying she needs Cyprus levels of choreography, but just a bit more dynamism and variation in the movements would've been good for me.

Mrm

Veteran
Speaking of movement - I get that Efendi is going for a certain mood here, but does anyone else get the impression from the music video that this performance will be more static that the song might suggest. The moves seem quite basic, and don't really inspire me much. Anyone else feeling like this?

I'm not saying she needs Cyprus levels of choreography, but just a bit more dynamism and variation in the movements would've been good for me.
Actually the simplier video with simlier visuals works better for me this year..but I know at the same time it can be seen as a lighter effort by their side by many fans.. xshrug

VikingTiger

So another 10 from me. The song is good, I love the different elements with oriental sound- but it takes some time to get used to how they are put together. On the first couple of listenings it all sounded a bit incoherent, f.ex the "mummy" didnt really fit in.
I find this a good bop - but something missing (at least for now) for me to give this the top score.
But I am certain Azerbaijan will absolutely slay the stage, and this might give the song the push it needs.

Tinchey

I agree, I was very disappointed by her hips circulation to say the least. Then again it's Azerbaijan and they never really have an artist that uses any choreo other than two step-slide.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy this WAY MORE than Cleopatra. Cleopatra was a little bit meh and the video was a mashup of random things. One minute she's bathing, then she is in a cleopatra (NSFW outfit) and then she is rapping on top of a car in the desert talking about Marc Anthony and I'm like:

giphy.gif

But this is way better! But not sure it can reach TOP 10 at the final. Might be borderline like 11 or 12.

I bims

Veteran
I'm scared that they will ruin the staging like they did with "Truth"... how they still made Top 10 is beyond me it was so bad.

DanielLuis

I'm scared that they will ruin the staging like they did with "Truth"... how they still made Top 10 is beyond me it was so bad.
I know right? The fact that wiwibloggs (and some other eurovision blogs too to be fair) were creaming themselves and calling Azerbaijan the winner over that staging when reviewing the closed rehearsals really should tell you all you need to know about the credibility of those sites.

blue00eyes

Too many similarities to Cleopatra, even lyrics, build up.. quite disappointing. Still good, but unoriginal if you know her previous attempt.

Preuss

They did rather well with the juries after years of struggling. The ethnic bridge though was really great and I thought they definitely deserved top 10

@DanielLuis yes, I remember the press center and wiwibloggs went mad after his "spirit" or whatever split from his body xrofl

I bims

Veteran
They did rather well with the juries after years of struggling. The ethnic bridge though was really great and I thought they definitely deserved top 10

@DanielLuis yes, I remember the press center and wiwibloggs went mad after his "spirit" or whatever split from his body xrofl
I mean based on the song alone I agree with the Top, 10 I liked it... but the staging was horrible.

They were really amazed by that stupid effect while I laughed my ass off because it just looked sooo dumb xstars

Preuss

I mean based on the song alone I agree with the Top, 10 I liked it... but the staging was horrible.

They were really amazed by that stupid effect while I laughed my ass off because it just looked sooo dumb xstars

Well, I don't think the staging elevated the song that much but it didn't hurt its chances either

Chingiz delivered

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Looking video credits full team is Ukrainian which is kinda strange as in Ukraine usually clips are superb

Top Bottom