3 2.2%

10 7.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

wtf

Efendi says about her song:
"Cleopatra is a song about trusting your gut instinct, standing up for yourself and being a “queen” - even when things get tough and especially if someone betrays or hurts you. It is truly a song about freedom, a celebration of all cultures and all sexualities and it’s a song that is meant to inspire people to be who they are and to be proud of themselves - just as Cleopatra was. She was a queen who went through love, heartbreak, and betrayal, but she stood up for herself and is now remembered as an icon of strength and femininity."

This is beautiful. Just hope it somehow reaches the commentators so the lyrics come across less tragic haha.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Cleopatra had Mark Antony
You know who I mean, like a Latin king
The one from who lived long ago
After Caesar died, Cleo's gigolo

Mark Antony was not the king of Rome IOTAP @Ausesken Samira deserves a spanking for this :lol:

Remembrance

It's an all right song. It's catchy and memorable, but last year was better, IMO.
I don't know why but the verses (and the way Efendi sings) remind me of Germany's entry in 1995. Anyone else?

Anyway, good luck, Azerbaijan :)

Ausesken

Cleopatra had Mark Antony
You know who I mean, like a Latin king
The one from who lived long ago
After Caesar died, Cleo's gigolo

Mark Antony was not the king of Rome IOTAP @Ausesken Samira deserves a spanking for this :lol:
Well, she thought he would be the winner in that triumvirate as Caesar was, but just like everybody she underestimated Octavian's intelligence and ambition :cool: I don't blame her XD

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh I will absolutely TORTURE the cicciolina haters on the team with this song ad nauseam when it qualifies for the final. xdiablo

Uto

Veteran
Oh I will absolutely TORTURE the cicciolina haters on the team with this song ad nauseam when it qualifies for the final. xdiablo
I don't want to sound obtuse, but why not simply torture them with Cicciolina?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I don't want to sound obtuse, but why not simply torture them with Cicciolina?
because Cicciolina is fucking great, lol???? It ain't gonna torture anyway.

BUT I WILL RUB IN THEIR FACES WHEN BARGAIN BIN CICCIOLINA QUALIFIES IN THE HARD SEMI WHILE ASKEL DIES IN THE CRAPPY ONE OOOOPS. xdiablo

For those not knowing the context: I spent most of my sunday afternoon arguing with Connor about Aksel's and Erika's chances in ESC until we both realized neither would convince the other lol. But I will not settle for a draw. I will not not win that conversation!!! Mark my words!!!!

FilipFromSweden

Azerbaijan is the favorite to win? We really are 10 years back in time

Uto

Veteran
because Cicciolina is fucking great, lol???? It ain't gonna torture anyway.

Okay, solid point, didn't think of it that way.
BUT I WILL RUB IN THEIR FACES WHEN BARGAIN BIN CICCIOLINA QUALIFIES IN THE HARD SEMI WHILE ASKEL DIES IN THE CRAPPY ONE OOOOPS. xdiablo

For those not knowing the context: I spent most of my sunday afternoon arguing with Connor about Aksel's and Erika's chances in ESC until we both realized neither would convince the other lol. But I will not settle for a draw. I will not not win that conversation!!! Mark my words!!!!
In a vacuum it would be Cicciolina. In this particular semis Aksel, strange as it is, would probably have slightly better chances. Semis 2 has a lot of stuff that is pretty out there and he can probably count on a decent amount of jury votes that Cicciolina would have missed.

ayzelto

I cannot stop listening to this song!!!

She will smash it on stage! I think it's like Fuego - Helena had a good version but Eleni had an amazing one and only Eleni could pull off a performance that good on stage.

Cleopatra with Efendi is something Senhit couldn't do.

It's the fire, the energy, the attitide, the voice.... Everything is perfect! I think this is the winner of 2020

Not winner but certainly it will be close.

My feeling is that 2020's winner will be Lithuania.

Top Bottom