Contact us

Austria || WV174 - Entry Sent

EDC0708

Voting is now closed, thanks Arion and Ana Raquel for voting, the highest scoring song will be sent shortly :)

EDC0708

After two internal selections, Austria will be returning to a national final, and for the first time, I will be hosting a national final with multiple rounds, and separate voting for the song and artist! Loosley based on the UK's 'Your Country Needs You' from 2009, 'Österreich Needs You ' will feature three heats ahead of the national final, with separate voting for both the three artists that will participate in the final, and the songs each of the three will sing. Below are the six artists I have selected as possible options for Austria, including five artists who have not competed for Austria before!

Like the UK's YCNY, I have included two male soloists, two female soloists, a male band, and a female duet comprising twins!

51755195119_e0fe9b0a02_m.jpg

Mother's Cake are an Austrian psychedelic space rock band from Tirol, they represented Austria in WV114 with the song Soul Prison.

Palffi is named after a street, he is from Lower Austria, plays multiple instruments, his music features pop, indie and hip hop.

Oska grew up in a small village in Austria before moving to Vienna when she was 18, her music offers 'a fun spin on polished pop through poetic verse and beautiful melodies'.

Freude performs Indie/ Alternative and pop music, and is based in Vienna.

MonaLisa Twins are a pop rock band, comprising twin sisters Mona and Lisa, born in Vienna, the are currently based in Liverpool in the UK. Many of their songs are covers, but they also have some original tracks.

Florence Arman grew up in the UK and Germany, but is now based in Austria. She is a singer songwriter, and has worked with many succesful artists, including Lena Meyer-Landrut!

Six great artists to pick from, but only three will make my national final, and I need you to help me select which three when voting opens!

EDC0708

Österreich Needs You!

Week 1

Artist Voting

The four artists with the most votes will automatically proceed to round 2. The two lowest scorers will land in the 'Danger Zone', where I, as this games Andrew Lloyd Webber, will decide which of the two will progress, and who will leave the competition.

You can vote for your favourite artist in this round using the point system below.

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5:
to rank the 6 songs below

Send all votes by private conversation to me. I have cleared some space in my inbox in advance, let me know if my inbox fills up again, if you have an open conversation with me, you can reuse that if needed, as I have space for messages, just less for new conversations!

Update: Voting will open after the semi final results from WV150 are revealed.

Song Voting

To indicate you like a song, and would like to see it in the final if the artist qualifies, like it with the fire emoji! You can vote any time before voting closes in the third round, after which the hottest song from each of the artists that makes this final three will represent them in the final.

Last edited:

EDC0708

Update: Voting can't open until after the semi final results from WV150 have been revealed, so I will open voting then.

Last edited:

EDC0708

Now we have the semi final results, I can open the voting! You have until 4 PM CET on the 29th December to vote for the artists, there will be a bit longer to vote for the songs.

Last edited:

EDC0708

I have extended the deadline slightly for the first round of voting for the artists, you now have until Wednesday afternoon!
I haven't received any votes yet, so if I haven't received any by the extended deadline, I will have to use random.org to select the artists that will progress, but hope to get some votes by then.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The following recipients have reached their maximum allowed inbox limit: EDC0708.

EDC0708

Many thanks to @Ana Raquel and @NikolaiMoller for your votes!

I am about to announce the four artists that will be returning in the second round, and the two I have had to make the final decision on.

The results will be revealed in reality TV style, and no result show is complete without an interval act! I was tinking of picking some songs by Austrian artists, but I thought better to save them for future national finals, so instead, since I am a Eurovision Dance Contest fan, I am going to use dances instead! Here is former Worldvision and Eurovision singer Manuel Ortega, dancing with former Eurovision Dance Contest participant Kelly Kainz!

EDC0708

All six artists are very talented, it has been great to discover their music through this game, but sadly one will be eliminated at the end of this round. I will reveal the results in no particular order, revealing whether an act is safe, or in the danger zone.

First to discover her fate is Oska, she is...

EDC0708

So that leaves Freude and MonaLisa Twins, one is safe, one is in the danger zone.
The final act definitley in the second round of voting is...

Top Bottom