Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Austria Finished three years in a row without qualifying if we don't count cancelled contest in 2020. I wish them all the good luck in 2023. I personally would like Andreas Gabalier or another try of woky mit dein Popo guys,i forgot their names.

Ezio

Veteran
Fun fact: Woki mit deim Popo wouldn't have ended last with the new voting system.

marty

All male winners the last three years makes the chances for a female winner 2023 rise. There is quite a big choice of very good female voices in austria. here just some of the less famous ones:

Koleen
Lylit
Elis Noa
Aygyul
Adaolisa
Nnoa

Still not a big chance for a NF in Austria but who knows. Probably with the presentation of next seasons programm end of september we will know.

Sammy

Veteran
Since our inofficial runner-up last year was a song in german, one may take this as a hint ORF could go for a german song this year.

marty

Since our inofficial runner-up last year was a song in german, one may take this as a hint ORF could go for a german song this year.
After three fails in a row I dont think ORF would take that risk.

Sammy

Veteran
After three fails in a row I dont think ORF would take that risk.
I think it’s a matter of how confident they feel… I mean with LUM!X they seemed to be pretty sure regarding the qualification (at least at the moment of chossing them

PolarFoxxie.

Most recent results:

Panda non qualification.
Vincent Bueno - cancelled Corona
Vincent Bueno - non qualification
Lumix and Pia - non qualification.

Let's wish Austria good luck in 2023 and don't give up.

Ezio

Veteran
I think Austria is lost in confusion after the great era of 2014-2018 and all these flops, especially with Lumix they aimed for the gold.

But Das Meer would have been a good choice. Better than Iceland in any case, I think. Not a contender for a good place, but for the Final. Their bridge is everything. https://youtu.be/fS90G2CwAAU?t=105

This song has such an amazing vibe, but I would really recommend changing their name into something that doesn't read so negativ like Anger.

Remember, Nicole Kuntner at EDC 2007? She was laughed at for her name. Anger sounds like the name for a death metal band.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

Great era of Austria in Eurovision from 2014-2018?? I only remember Conchitas win and Cesar's third place. Who else was there?

Ezio

Veteran
Great era of Austria in Eurovision from 2014-2018?? I only remember Conchitas win and Cesar's third place. Who else was there?
Zoe, my all time favourite entry.

The Makemakes with a very nice song, which would have done a little better under the new system, and the random success of Nathan Trent.

But Nathan Trent is a guaranteed flop nowadays, since ESC shifted away from inoffensive radio pop.

I would also like to include 2019 into this era, but for apparent reasons I cannot. This song was a wild card, beautiful but underrated before the contest, wonderfully staged but horribly sang live.

Vincent Bueno was a surefire NQ from the getgo in both years.

ORF also needs to come up with better stagings. Marvin Dietmann is not serving it anymore. His ideas are trite. He has a great reputation just like Florian Wiedner, but his results are going downhill.

Last edited:

hungo

I think Austria is lost in confusion after the great era of 2014-2018 and all these flops, especially with Lumix they aimed for the gold.

But Das Meer would have been a good choice. Better than Iceland in any case, I think. Not a contender for a good place, but for the Final. Their bridge is everything. https://youtu.be/fS90G2CwAAU?t=105

This song has such an amazing vibe, but I would really recommend changing their name into something that doesn't read so negativ like Anger.

Remember, Nicole Kuntner at EDC 2007? She was laughed at for her name. Anger sounds like the name for a death metal band.
Most viewers wont even recognize the names of the artists.

PolarFoxxie.

Because they simply forgot about their songs or them.

PS to @Ezio great era of Austria in Eurovision from 2014 to 2018 you included makemakes in there, host nation with 0 point in the final and border qualifier Nathan.. sorry we have different definitions of success and greatness.. but I respect your opinion.

Ezio

Veteran
I think it would confuse many viewers if a band like Anger comes up with a chilled vibe.

Ezio

Veteran
Because they simply forgot about their songs or them.

PS to @Ezio great era of Austria in Eurovision from 2014 to 2018 you included makemakes in there, host nation with 0 point in the final and border qualifier Nathan.. sorry we have different definitions of success and greatness.. but I respect your opinion.
Thanks for your respect. In the 5 years ranking of 2014 to 2018, Austria placed 4th overall, behind Sweden, Russia, and Italy.

Now we are borderline 30th or worse.

Makemakes earned 40 points in the new system and weren't staged very televoting-friendly. Besides that televoters punish the calm and soothing songs. Especially in ballad-heavy years. And Austria is beaten in the televote by countries like Serbia by default, so we need something that juries can enjoy and it has to be something that is vocally flawless. A silly gimmick easily ruins our chances with juries but doesn't lift chances with televoters neither.

PolarFoxxie.

I'm sorry how did you get to 40 hypotetical points in the future???????

The reality is they got 0 point. And that's it. That's what will stay in archives and on internet.

4th austria In ranking behind Russia, Sweden, Italy???? How did you get to that number, your statistics and numbers confuse me. Please don't reply. How about Israel, Norway, Switzerland...

Ezio

Veteran
Sorry PolarFoxxie, you are utterly disrespectful. Please google it yourself and stay away from me for further comments. I hope you find more joy discussing about Latvia

oh I found it for you

marty

Sorry PolarFoxxie, you are utterly disrespectful. Please google it yourself and stay away from me for further comments. I hope you find more joy discussing about Latvia

oh I found it for you

Do it like I do and just ignore PolarFoxxies comments.

ESC94

oh I found it for you

Why did you even reply to this idiot?? I haven´t read a single post from him that made sense so far. xshrug

Top Bottom