Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

the presentation of the 2023 program will be held on thursday. if ORF should go for a public selection they will mention it. but i dont think so.
So they talked about a music show in autumn without saying exactly what it is. It isn't a casting show and it would not replace "Starmania".

eine neue Musikshow, zu der aber noch keine Details preisgegeben wurden. Sie ersetzt allerdings nicht "Starmania". "Wir planen ein Herbstevent und werden erst entscheiden, was es wird", ließ ORF-Programmdirektorin Stefanie Groiss-Horowitz die Zukunft der revitalisierten Gesangstalenteshow offen.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
So they talked about a music show in autumn without saying exactly what it is. It isn't a casting show and it would not replace "Starmania".
well it says nowhere that it‘s not a casting show, doesn’t it?

We plan an event in autumn and will later decide what it will be“ says Stefanie Grous-Horowitz, leaving the future of the revitalised singing talent show open.

That phrase is Austria in a nutshell:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

marty

they mentioned to have eurovision in the 2023 program. but nothing about a nf. seems we will get an internal selected song again.

marty

deadline for submitting songs was yesterday. eberhard forcher mentioned on fb that they received many good songs.

Lindon

I'm going to go offtopic for a second. I just stumbled across a clip from 2004. At the beginning Arabella Kiesbauer, who 11 years later was one of the hosts of the ESC, talks about how proud she is of the many different languages and cultures in Austria and then literally "We are proud that there are no borders here". In the song, sung by 38 candidates of the talent show "Starmania" season 2, it then says "No borders, no flags and together we are all Austria". Do you think such a song would still be possible in the main evening program in Austria today without triggering harsh reactions?
By the way, at 0:57 you can see Saint Lu (21 years old at the time), who took fourth place at the German NF in 2013, and at 2:05 Daniel Kajmakoski (19 years old), who represented North Macedonia at the ESC in 2015 with the song Lisja esenski.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran

Mainshow

Veteran
If it's had asked fanclubs this year, they would have gone for Lumix and Pia as well xD

Don't look for songs for the masses.... give us some unique/niche entries like Zoë or don't let artists such as Visions of Atlantis slide away...

Sammy

Veteran
on the other hand - asking fanclubs worked well for switzerland in recent years..

marty

If it's had asked fanclubs this year, they would have gone for Lumix and Pia as well xD

Don't look for songs for the masses.... give us some unique/niche entries like Zoë or don't let artists such as Visions of Atlantis slide away...
Probably not if Lumix and Pia Maria had a live casting.

Ezio

Veteran
54m views on youtube

Original song, not eligible for Eurovision 2023

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
54m views on youtube

Original song, not eligible for Eurovision 2023

so he's one of the candidates?

Ezio

Veteran
I hope so!

And Deepthroat Voice Alumn Alexander Eder has a brandnew song out, too

Alexander Eder made it to the Unexpected Voices Compilation

Last edited:

marty

Matthias Nebel was part of last years selection. Maybe hes going to try it again this year. He is a great live performer and a nice and cute guy. With a good midtempo song or a rock ballad he could be a great act for Liverpool.

Ezio

Veteran
Matthias is the kind of charming hunk who is hard to imagine not going to finals. He exudes casual, easy going masculinity and has a voice to die for. He would stick out from a sea of flamboyant actors and fierce yasss queens. The song may not be the most original, edgiest or whatsoever, but the overall package should be an easy sell to the final. I don't see something overly dramatic like "Not the same" or "Fade to black" that puts the televoters off for him, even he pulls off a high note for 10 seconds.

Let's have a heart throb with a great voice. Same is true for Alexander Eder of course.

If I would have to bet, I think Matthias Nebel is in the selection this year. He is waiting for his breakthrough moment in his career Alexander Eder is already selling out venues and does not really need Eurovision. I also think that Alexander's uniqueness factor as deepthroated singer vanishes the older he gets. He was a novelty at age 19, now he is already 23 I guess and a full grown man.

I would also love to see Anger, although I hate their name tbh. But Das Meer I now love more than Halo. It's so captivating.

If the crappy 90's RnB of Belgium went to the finals this year, a timeless mid-tempo rock ballad should do the same in any case.

If Matthias can recreate the magic moment from his Voice audition when he made the judges roll on the floor in ecstacy, he is gonna fly high in Eurovision. His video garnered 4 million videos in the last 3 months alone, and it was uploaded in 2018.

My wet dream for Eurovision would be Matthias Nebel for Austria and Nico Santos for Germany.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Matthias in the semifinal 2021

Eliminated with 40% of the public vote. Austrians on German television have an uphill battle, but this was the best song of the night either way. But he was beaten by the actual winner of the Voice.

Slaying the sing-offs

End of my campaign. I hope Eberhard Forcher is following this thread, because this singer is Solid Gold.

Last edited:
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Let's have a heart throb with a great voice. Same is true for Alexander Eder of course....Alexander Eder is already selling out venues and does not really need Eurovision. I also think that Alexander's uniqueness factor as deepthroated singer vanishes the older he gets. He was a novelty at age 19, now he is already 23 I guess and a full grown man.

giphy.gif

Franzilein

Matthias Nebel xbow Hope they manage to compose a fitting song for him if he is in contention for 2023, he's really dependant on it. Still remember his Wrecking Ball performance which got him eliminated from The Voice where basically everyone agreed that it was the wrong song choice. Let him rock, not pop.

mauve

Veteran
I am late to the party, but Matthias Nebel sounds really good in my ears, also like his song "Fever" that Ezio posted above. I keep my fingers and toes crossed for my third hometown as usual! xheart

ESC94

I am late to the party, but Matthias Nebel sounds really good in my ears, also like his song "Fever" that Ezio posted above. I keep my fingers and toes crossed for my third hometown as usual! xheart

He sings good but to be honest I´m really tired of The Voice contestants.

Top Bottom