Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Realest

We already know it.
Nothing exciting here.

Ezio

Veteran
slovenia, austria and norway were one of the best stagings that year imo. i love simplicity.

Norway looked good, Slovenia and Austria were tragic events compared to their national finales.

Ezio

Veteran
I Am Yours - National FInal Performance.

An intimate mood with candle light and a small stage with close audience, 3 extra musicians on stage. I was living!
Dominic trotting in front of the burning piano felt so warm.

The same stage designer made a much more simpler staging at ESC. Darker, colder, less relatable. The stage looked empty and artists stiff in their faces.
Alhough the spark and magic of the NF was absent, the burning piano looked like a silly magic trick.

Slovenia 2015

National Final:

The stage worked so much better for them. It was small and had interesting structures.

Grand Final:
No structure, just darkness and monochromatic lights. The bronze lighting didn't help elevate the song but made it look dated, although it was quite modern and catchy. The air violinist was not captured well by the cameras and all in all a strange choice for an opener.

This was the first act to introduce the stage. As a viewer I felt, ok, that's it? That's the stage? To introduce the stage there would have been much better acts. Such as Golden Boy.

Lindon

The accidental published article of Kleine Zeitung:

A Styrian and an Upper Austrian form the red-white-red hope for the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) in Liverpool: Teya also has Serbian roots, Salena comes from Leoben. Both took part in Starmania 21.
Teya & Salena were able to prevail against a dozen other acts who wanted to go to the ESC 2023 for Austria. Domestic as well as international expert jurors and members of international ESC fan clubs evaluated the submitted songs, and ORF program director Stefanie Groiss-Horowitz chose Austria's entry for Liverpool from the top 3.

Lindon

And this seems to be the other half of the duo:

Ezio

Veteran
The song will presented in one mouth

1up4ponun9fa1.jpeg

simori95

Ezio

Veteran
I have Seen worse Song presentations
I hope it's not getting presented by Robert Kratky's loud ashtray and booze hole of a mouth.

marty

Now it is official. Austria will be represented by TeYa and Salena with an uptempo pop song. The song will be revealed 8 march. Both took part at the casting show Starmania 2021. Salena also at The Voice of Germany 2017.

Top Bottom